FNIS is out from the STEP list for AE. Is it a problem of compatibility?

Guba

Question

Dear Folks good day.
I'd ask a question regarding FNIS.
I've seen that it is out of the STEP AE list of mods.
Is it a problem of compatibility with Skyrim AE version?
I went on the FNIS Nexus page and there is a link to STEP whic falls into an empty page.
BTW I wanto to highlight that the font color chosen for the text (cyan) is quite unreadable over a yellow background, so please fix it with some black font color or normal background.
Also I would ask if Nemesis is a replacer of FNIS, and may be used instead of FNIS, or it is a different thing. I know that they are mutually incompatible.
Thanks a lot for any reply

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Guba said:

Sorry (don't take me as a dumb) but I'm not sure to grab this.
You are saying that those who put "FNIS" into their mod are requiring FNIS, and seems to me quite obvious.
But if I use some other animation packages like Vanargand Animations - Female Idle Walk and Run, Nemesis would be OK? I mean the basic instance, not the variant that requires DAR.

Sorry for that. :)

You can use Nemesis for any mod requiring FNIS.

(i wrote that about creatures just as extra information that Nemesis can not be used for creature animations)

Nemesis will probably work fine with tha mod you linked.

• +1 1

2 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Nemesis is replacing FNIS. It is newer and still maintained.

FNIS still works.

Thanks a lot for your clarification.
When you say that is a replacement do you mean that wherever I see that FNIS is required a new patch with Nemesis may be generated in place of FNIS?

8 minutes ago, Guba said:

Thanks a lot for your clarification.
When you say that is a replacement do you mean that wherever I see that FNIS is required a new patch with Nemesis may be generated in place of FNIS?

Yes.

One thing Nemesis can not do is creatures so if you are going to use the "FNIS Creature Pack SE" for FNIS you need FNIS.

9 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Yes.

One thing Nemesis can not do is creatures so if you are going to use the "FNIS Creature Pack SE" for FNIS you need FNIS.

Sorry (don't take me as a dumb) but I'm not sure to grab this.
You are saying that those who put "FNIS" into their mod are requiring FNIS, and seems to me quite obvious.
But if I use some other animation packages like Vanargand Animations - Female Idle Walk and Run, Nemesis would be OK? I mean the basic instance, not the variant that requires DAR.

3 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Sorry for that. :)

You can use Nemesis for any mod requiring FNIS.

(i wrote that about creatures just as extra information that Nemesis can not be used for creature animations)

Nemesis will probably work fine with tha mod you linked.

OK! Thanks a lot Buddy.
I'm going to insert right the Vanargand Animations (both male and female) and patching with Nemesis.
Wish me luck.
:)

7 hours ago, Guba said:

OK! Thanks a lot Buddy.
I'm going to insert right the Vanargand Animations (both male and female) and patching with Nemesis.
Wish me luck.
:)

Good luck!

Animations is very tricky. That is why the STEP Guide has very few (and the guide is made for 1st person).

I have tested soooo many set ups for animations over the years but i end up using the STEP Guide and maby a few more (i do like some DAR dependent idle animation mods).

Atm many want Souls like or Elden Riing like animations... but for me Skyrim is not about fancy combat, there are better games for that.

• Like 1