Help with XPMSE messing up animations

laica97

Question

I'm using MO2 on Skyrim SE latest version on Steam. I only started playing with mods since last weekend, so I'm completely new. From how I understand it, if I install XPMSE, it messes up various animations (magic casting while walking, sneaking or sneak-walking, one-handed weapons on left hand,...). Install and run FNIS 7.6, with and without both creature and magic pack, doesn't have any effect whatsoever.

Anyone has any fix or workaround for this problem, or do I have to stop using XPMSE?

Here's a video of the problem (Before and after installing XPMSE)

1 answer to this question

Hi.

First... it should work, most people use it, it is just a framework with skeleton.

You should sort your load order with Loot.

Animations is very tricky. You have to read about every mod how they work and if they are compatible.

You did not untick "Schlongs" in the FOMOD. If you are not going to install that mod, untick it.

You have downloaded Fnis Spells and Fnis creatures. Do you really need them? (asking bc they are not used that much these days)

Unless you really need the creature pack you should use Nemesis instead of Fnis.

Look at the very basic animation part in the STEP-guide to give you a start.