TexGen Duplicate ID error, further clarification

CloudLambda

Question

Hi sheson, 

I'm updating my LODs on F4 with TexGen,, however, it's flagging up with an error saying "Skipping Load: Duplicate FormID [00000FF1] in file [FE009] BlairResidence.esl.

The warning shows a help link which I've gone over. It mentions loading up the plugin and saving it in the Creation Kit. So without sounding too dumb, I've just gotten over panicking over loading up CK for the first time properly, it proceeded to unzip everything from Base.zip which appeared to replace all the scripts into Data > Scripts > Source > Base. So uhhhh...forgive my hesitation here I fear that I've borked my load order.

https://imgur.com/IMU6GMU

I loaded up the culprit plugin which also loads fallout4.esm. An error window comes up showing a TON of warnings, saying that it will remove navmeshes etc. If I press "save", as the guide suggests, I fear that my load order will completely break...

Edited by CloudLambda

3 answers to this question

I do not and can not provide support for CK.

Make a backup of the plugin you are going to edit.

The message is self explanatory, close all other programs that might currently use the file. If it is a master file you need to look up how to edit master files with CK.

I suggest to check the mods bug/comments and/or notify the mod author. The CK Wiki and general modding or mod author forums might be able to help with how to use CK. If all fails remove the mod.

It seems difficult when you have never done it before, however, it really is quite simple:

1. Install Creation Kit.
2. Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable (x64).
3. Install F4 Creation Kit Fixes (This is what it sounds like you're missing). Please pay attention to the file contents. Some of the files go in the game directory.
4. Launch Creation Kit. Wait a few seconds for it to finish loading.
5. File --> Data
6. Select the plugin you need to fix, click "Set as Active File," and click "OK." Wait a minute for it to finish loading.
7. Once it's finished loading, simply click File --> Save.
8. Exit the Creation Kit. You're done.

Repeat as needed for any similar broken mods.