LOOT & xEdit Not Pathing to STEP List

Berzerkernox

Question

4 hours ago, Berzerkernox said:

I am at the LOOT running step in STEP and it is only showing the Base, uncleaned masters. I have looked over the instructions again but can not find what I am missing. I have a screen shot of my LOOT setup through mo2: image.thumb.png.a863d58953f9cb4a175946fa51c430b0.png

Are you running it from the drop-down list in MO? Have you closed and reopened MO to see if it just needs a restart?

EDIT:
I removed your other post that only added xEdit to the list of things not pathing. Let just address it here rather than working from two posts for likely the same issue. I've updated the post title to reflect.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:37 PM, Berzerkernox said:

I am at the LOOT running step in STEP and it is only showing the Base, uncleaned masters. I have looked over the instructions again but can not find what I am missing. I have a screen shot of my LOOT setup through mo2: image.thumb.png.a863d58953f9cb4a175946fa51c430b0.png

Add the "Start in" path to the folder (first part of what you have for "Binary" path).

Also, double check your actual LOOT/xEdit paths to be certain you have installed them into these locations.

17 hours ago, Berzerkernox said:

All the mods come up

So the VFS shows all plugins from your non-vanilla mods? If so, then it's not your VFS, and MO can 'see' all of your mods.

First, check that you have configured your environment as described in the System Setup Guide (see folder locations and general best practice)

Try setting up a new instance of MO and associate that with SSE:

image.png

Remove/reinstall LOOT; If you installed via the installer, be sure to uninstall it via Windows Programs. Then delete the entire directory of that install location, and download the LOOT archive (not the installer):

image.png

Create the LOOT path as described in the setup guide linked previously, and move all LOOT files into this empty directory:

image.png

Then set up your MO executable again to see if that fixes things.

My guess is that there is some configuration issue in MO or something is corrupt. Creating a new instance like this may be simpler than rooting out the specific cause.

Agree that this should be done.

Just start SSE using Steam and exit. This is also explained in the System Setup Guide though, so using that guide is a hard requirement for following any of our build guides for any game. Otherwise, a new MO instance will establish a 'clean' MO configuration in case that's the issue.

Yeah, that did not work either. I think it is the instructions for pathing is confusing. I know you all did make some consistency corrections when I first started following the guide, too. I will go back and try to understand differently - do not know how yet - and let you know if I find my mistake. Thanks for taking the time.

Could it be a Win11 thing?

Edited by Berzerkernox
Added a question I thought of

1 hour ago, Berzerkernox said:

Yeah, that did not work either. I think it is the instructions for pathing is confusing. I know you all did make some consistency corrections when I first started following the guide, too. I will go back and try to understand differently - do not know how yet - and let you know if I find my mistake. Thanks for taking the time.

Could it be a Win11 thing?

I run Win 11 without issue with MO, so probably not. Could be AV related or security, but I doubt it, since MO runs with VFS. It's almost certainly a configuration issue with the game or MO. I would seriously consider uninstalling MO completely (just backup your profile folder, and you can replace most of that stuff in your new profile), and validate SSE files via Steam.

Again, follow the System Setup Guide carefully and the Tools section of the main guide.