DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

11 minutes ago, 0wnyx said:

Dyndylod mcm tells me now to safe the game inside a cell, turn off all old dyndolod files and reload the safe with new dyndolod mod...

i get this:

DynDOLOD NG plugin version: 3.0.33.0 | SKSE version: 2.2.6.0 | Game version: 1-6-1170-0
DynDOLOD save/load handler installed.
DynDOLOD Papyrus functions installed.
Trampoline initialized.
DynDOLOD Patch installed.
Reading file Data/SKSE/Plugins/DynDOLOD_Data/DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt
Error opening file Data/SKSE/Plugins/DynDOLOD_Data/DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt

it seems i am unable to create output that my dyndolod setup can read

No question was asked. You did not explain what it is you are doing.

See image at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu-NG
The DynDOLOD MCM simply shows update instructions in the MCM right part of the Window, since they are important to remember.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Run this test version https://mega.nz/file/8ZoHgQoA#O0hBLHwcuc3_GyNfiqV6eCZOX8YOTZzKP93KAgxpuyU

I still suggest to do a thorough stability/stress test of the system.

Thank you

I ran C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force and did a restart

I then followed the instrcuctions you linked previously and ran sfc /scannow getting the message that Windows Resource protection did not find any integrity violations. 

I then restarted and tried running the latest test version but it did crash (files atatched)

Sorry :(

CrashDump7.7z

2 hours ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Thank you

I ran C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force and did a restart

I then followed the instrcuctions you linked previously and ran sfc /scannow getting the message that Windows Resource protection did not find any integrity violations. 

I then restarted and tried running the latest test version but it did crash (files atatched)

Sorry :(

CrashDump7.7z 2.07 MB · 1 download

Sorry to interrupt this testing, but in case you are overclocking your system, I suggest you restore the BIOS defaults (particularly, remove XPM memory timings if enabled). This gets to the stability/stress testing sheson mentioned. I've seen a good deal of trade-offs on my own system with overclocking. Small gains in performance at the expense of BSOD and random issues using xLODGen, DynDOLOD, and other performance-demanding applications (Ps, video conversion, etc.).

13 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Sorry to interrupt this testing, but in case you are overclocking your system, I suggest you restore the BIOS defaults (particularly, remove XPM memory timings if enabled). This gets to the stability/stress testing sheson mentioned. I've seen a good deal of trade-offs on my own system with overclocking. Small gains in performance at the expense of BSOD and random issues using xLODGen, DynDOLOD, and other performance-demanding applications (Ps, video conversion, etc.).

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not overclocking my PC. I'm not really that technically savvy but I am very happy to follow instructions and suggestions and learn whatever I can as I go along.

• Like 1

Here's my logs ... no bugreport, no debug, etc.

Situation:

Running DynDOLOD Alpha 182 with the following settings on the Step build (standard settings for me, run hundreds of times on this and similar builds):

DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini

The problem occurs during occlusion processing. I forget which worldspace (might not matter). My PC simply shuts down, indicating that the CPU becomes too hot or the system is otherwise critical.  use water cooling and no overclocking. My system specs are in my sig. Due to the automatic shutdown, logging is cut off. Events are not able to print until reboot, and then only a general kernel shutdown error.

This is my second such crash, so that's why I'm reporting it.

Starting now, I have enabled system minidumps and set the following in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini:

Debug=1
realtimelog=1
GLListDebug=1
GLDebug=1

I will repeat the process as the previous 2x, and report back with additional info/logs.

For what it's worth, occlusion is always taxing on my CPU, but never to the point of a reproducible protective system shutdown. I could lower my occlusion quality setting, but I would rather troubleshoot the problem if possible, since my current config is historically reliable on my PC and mod list.

2 hours ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm not overclocking my PC. I'm not really that technically savvy but I am very happy to follow instructions and suggestions and learn whatever I can as I go along.

If you use the PC as delivered, it wouldn't be the first time that the factory or the default BIOS settings are the cause of problems.

I suggest to google the make of the PC or mainboard and learn about its BIOS settings, especially how to change/select different memory XMP/EXPO settings.
I would also check if some kind of auto overclock is enabled, CPU temps, etc. This obviously requires some experience, so best to find a related hardware forum that disucsses your specific hardware - typically based on the mainboard.

49 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Here's my logs ... no bugreport, no debug, etc.

Situation:

Running DynDOLOD Alpha 182 with the following settings on the Step build (standard settings for me, run hundreds of times on this and similar builds):

DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini 105.76 kB · 1 download

The problem occurs during occlusion processing. I forget which worldspace (might not matter). My PC simply shuts down, indicating that the CPU becomes too hot or the system is otherwise critical.  use water cooling and no overclocking. My system specs are in my sig. Due to the automatic shutdown, logging is cut off. Events are not able to print until reboot, and then only a general kernel shutdown error.

This is my second such crash, so that's why I'm reporting it.

Starting now, I have enabled system minidumps and set the following in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini:

Debug=1
realtimelog=1
GLListDebug=1
GLDebug=1

I will repeat the process as the previous 2x, and report back with additional info/logs.

For what it's worth, occlusion is always taxing on my CPU, but never to the point of a reproducible protective system shutdown. I could lower my occlusion quality setting, but I would rather troubleshoot the problem if possible, since my current config is historically reliable on my PC and mod list.

The PC shutting down, BSOD is a hardware, BIOS or OS problem.
I suggest to stress test the PC with designated tools like prime95/OCCT and query an appropriate hardware forum.

Occlusion generation uses the CPU and not the GPU/OpenGL.
If you want to "troubleshoot" by reducing the CPU workload, use a lower quality setting or change process priority/core affinity with task manager or 3rd party tool.
If using lots of memory is the problem see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you use the PC as delivered, it wouldn't be the first time that the factory or the default BIOS settings are the cause of problems.

I suggest to google the make of the PC or mainboard and learn about its BIOS settings, especially how to change/select different memory XMP/EXPO settings.
I would also check if some kind of auto overclock is enabled, CPU temps, etc. This obviously requires some experience, so best to find a related hardware forum that disucsses your specific hardware - typically based on the mainboard.

Ok thank you - that's all a little daunting but I'll see what I can do.  I appreciate all the time you've been putting into helping me, thank you!

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

I suggest to stress test the PC with designated tools like prime95/OCCT and query an appropriate hardware forum.

If you want to "troubleshoot" by reducing the CPU workload, use a lower quality setting or change process priority/core affinity with task manager or 3rd party tool.
If using lots of memory is the problem see https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data#Out-of-Memory-while-Generating-Occlusion-Data

My hardware is unlikely the issue, and stress testing would be redundant, as I have done all of that in the recent past with no hardware changes since. As mentioned, I've generated hundreds of times with the settings I provided. Memory is also not the issue. I rarely see more than 32 Gb of my 64 Gb committed when running the process.

My system did not BSOD. It simply shut down, so the problem was most likely with the CPU or system bus overheating past the threshold I have set. I will make it a point to monitor my temps though to verify. I may need to relax the threshold I have set once I know what's happening. It's fairly conservative at 85 C.

I will have more evidence soon with the realtime log and crashdump. Perhaps it will not crash, since the RT logging slows things down quite a bit.

50 minutes ago, sheson said:

Hi 

I'm not sure that my PC is the problem as I am not getting any crashes just a failure to generate some of the lod, usually Tamriel Aut and Tamriel Sum but sometimes the other seasons when trying the test versions you've shared.  I also haven't changed anything with my hardware since I was able to successfully run DynDOLOD Alpha 182 when it was first publised. However I will still try to look into this as I appreciate something might have been changed by something in the background that I'm unaware of, thank you.

11 minutes ago, m1sf1t711 said:

Hi 

I'm not sure that my PC is the problem as I am not getting any crashes just a failure to generate some of the lod, usually Tamriel Aut and Tamriel Sum but sometimes the other seasons when trying the test versions you've shared.  I also haven't changed anything with my hardware since I was able to successfully run DynDOLOD Alpha 182 when it was first publised. However I will still try to look into this as I appreciate something might have been changed by something in the background that I'm unaware of, thank you.

There might be changes to the load order that increased CPU, memory demand to higher levels than before and you were just lucky so far.

Other reasons might be OS update, drivers, loose cables, BIOS settings resetting to default, hardware going bad, cooling being affected because of dust (dead mouse not unheard of) etc. It is possible the issue is storage/disk related.

Just now, sheson said:

There might be changes to the load order that increased CPU, memory demand to higher levels than before and were just lucky.

Other reasons might be OS update, drivers, loose cables, BIOS settings resetting to default, hardware going bad etc. It is possible the issue is storage/disk related.

I understand thank you :)

I'll try to find out what I can.

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

As I suspected, my PC is shutting down due to CPU temp spike exceeding the now-higher threshold and fan speeds I've set. As mentioned previously, I use water cooling, and my PC is pretty optimized. I seriously doubt that my hardware and dust buildup have changed significantly in the past 30-60 days, but I will perform my routine PC fan/dust maintenance and do some performance evaluations with Prime95.

Rather, I suspect the occlusion routine is more aggressive or demanding than in previous Alphas for whatever reason. Based on some of the other recent posts for Alpha 182, there seems to be increased hardware demand with Alpha 182.

No crashdump, but here's my logs, including realtime debug for the record.

At this time, I will test with setting occlusion to '1' and disable the realtime/debug logging, since we have a plausible explanation for my recent crashes (overheating of CPU, specifically during occlusion gen of Sovngarde using quality level '3')

33 minutes ago, z929669 said:

As I suspected, my PC is shutting down due to CPU temp spike exceeding the now-higher threshold and fan speeds I've set. As mentioned previously, I use water cooling, and my PC is pretty optimized. I seriously doubt that my hardware and dust buildup have changed significantly in the past 30-60 days, but I will perform my routine PC fan/dust maintenance and do some performance evaluations with Prime95.

Rather, I suspect the occlusion routine is more aggressive or demanding than in previous Alphas for whatever reason. Based on some of the other recent posts for Alpha 182, there seems to be increased hardware demand with Alpha 182.

No crashdump, but here's my logs, including realtime debug for the record.

At this time, I will test with setting occlusion to '1' and disable the realtime/debug logging, since we have a plausible explanation for my recent crashes (overheating of CPU, specifically during occlusion gen of Sovngarde using quality level '3')

The actual occlusion calculation code did not change in a long time.
The last notable change was with Alpha-129 in regards to the preparation part importing the heightmap ..\meshes\Terrain\[worldspace]\Objects\[worldspace].objects.heightmap.dat created by LODGen when generating object LOD instead of having to read all BTO. I suggest to restore the default OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=4 for whatever BTO it might still have to load.

If the CPU actually overheats, then there is a problem with cooling.

• Like 1