DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

Hello everyone, new to this forum, not new to dyndolod, been using it for years (but partially only, I understand more now !).
To begin with, thanks to everyone that created the mod and for the support.

Now, I have an issue with dyndolod, I can created a separate post if asked maybe, here it is.
I have an outdated dyndolod and texgen outputs that work fine.

I started using NGIO, Landscape fixes for grass, and northern grass, and the northern grass complex for enb.
I also downloaded Happy Little Trees, with their lod, and bruma lod.

Now, I followed every step, missed a few as always, regenarated everything at least 15 times.

I'm pretty sure everything I did is correct now.

My problem : The dyndolod output is now around 25gb with grass lod, and Ultra trees.
When I launch the game, it is not an issue, I'm in a cell. When I leave for skyrim, game is on ILS.

If I activate Dyndolod_Output, I will get ILS as soon as I leave. Texgen is fine, I can have it enabled. If I disable dyndolod, I will be able to load outdoors.
If I enable my older version of dyndolod and texgen, I will be able to load.
I need your help because i've made dozens of attempts with dyndolod, but I'm unable to load.
Now I do have the log, but it's 200 000kb, so... I've tried making fixes from errors I found there, but they still occur, I don't get why. Anyway, these errors were there before, and everything was working well.

I've tried running Dyndolod with no grass lod, same problem. So it could be a problem with the Ultra Trees, or maybe both grass and tree together.

My lastest attempt running at the moment is dyndolod without ultra trees, just standard, to narrow the problem.

Hope you guys will find a fix because I'm stuck for a week on this, and can't figure out the problem.

Thank you all,

Anorf

Edited by Anorf

1 hour ago, Anorf said:

Hello everyone, new to this forum, not new to dyndolod, been using it for years (but partially only, I understand more now !).
To begin with, thanks to everyone that created the mod and for the support.

Now, I have an issue with dyndolod, I can created a separate post if asked maybe, here it is.
I have an outdated dyndolod and texgen outputs that work fine.

I started using NGIO, Landscape fixes for grass, and northern grass, and the northern grass complex for enb.
I also downloaded Happy Little Trees, with their lod, and bruma lod.

Now, I followed every step, missed a few as always, regenarated everything at least 15 times.

I'm pretty sure everything I did is correct now.

My problem : The dyndolod output is now around 25gb with grass lod, and Ultra trees.
When I launch the game, it is not an issue, I'm in a cell. When I leave for skyrim, game is on ILS.

If I activate Dyndolod_Output, I will get ILS as soon as I leave. Texgen is fine, I can have it enabled. If I disable dyndolod, I will be able to load outdoors.
If I enable my older version of dyndolod and texgen, I will be able to load.
I need your help because i've made dozens of attempts with dyndolod, but I'm unable to load.
Now I do have the log, but it's 200 000kb, so... I've tried making fixes from errors I found there, but they still occur, I don't get why. Anyway, these errors were there before, and everything was working well.

I've tried running Dyndolod with no grass lod, same problem. So it could be a problem with the Ultra Trees, or maybe both grass and tree together.

My lastest attempt running at the moment is dyndolod without ultra trees, just standard, to narrow the problem.

Hope you guys will find a fix because I'm stuck for a week on this, and can't figure out the problem.

Thank you all,

Anorf

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

See answers for https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size, in particular how to check the ModelsUsed log for a list of meshes and their total contibution to the object LOD meshes file sizes.

Only you can fix a problem that is caused by your load order and settings that only you know.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

See answers for https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size, in particular how to check the ModelsUsed log for a list of meshes and their total contibution to the object LOD meshes file sizes.

Only you can fix a problem that is caused by your load order and settings that only you know.

Here are the logs https://ufile.io/f/ylx17
There is a nif file that takes +200mb, but I don't know what it means and how to deal with this.

I understand you cannot help people with individual mods.
However I have tested several outputs, and I have the feeling my problem is not related to mods, but maybe to memory usage, or video memory usage during load.

I removed grasslod and ultra tree lods, same mod list exactly, and I'm able to load the game outdoors, no ILS. This was the final test of the week, completed today.
It seems if I use too many lods from dyndolod my game simply won't process it.

Is there a wayaround, maybe a mod or tweak that could help ? I read the high memory usage in FAQ, and the ILS or CTD part. But it says, quote :"More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR"

However I do have this problem.

Thanks for helping

31 minutes ago, Anorf said:

Here are the logs https://ufile.io/f/ylx17
There is a nif file that takes +200mb, but I don't know what it means and how to deal with this.

I understand you cannot help people with individual mods.
However I have tested several outputs, and I have the feeling my problem is not related to mods, but maybe to memory usage, or video memory usage during load.

I removed grasslod and ultra tree lods, same mod list exactly, and I'm able to load the game outdoors, no ILS. This was the final test of the week, completed today.
It seems if I use too many lods from dyndolod my game simply won't process it.

Is there a wayaround, maybe a mod or tweak that could help ? I read the high memory usage in FAQ, and the ILS or CTD part. But it says, quote :"More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR"

However I do have this problem.

Thanks for helping

It means, that the entire LOD for that 3D tree LOD in the Tamriel worldspace uses about 200MB.
That is OKish.

Have you checked your video memory usage?
Did you double the TexGen/DynDOLOD settings, despite presumably having a 1920x1080 resolution? Or do you have a large resolution than that?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen
The first time TexGen is started, some settings like the Base size, Units per pixel and the Max texture size are adjusted to the current game resolution as determined by the Prefs, Custom or Display Tweaks INI.
Once the Start button is clicked, the current settings are saved as a preset to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_TexGen_Default.ini for the next time TexGen is started.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode
The first time DynDOLOD is started, some settings like the Max tile size LOD, Max tile size full and the Max tile size billboard are adjusted to the current game resolution as determined by the Prefs, Custom or Display Tweaks INI.
Once the OK button is clicked, the current settings are saved as a preset to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Default.ini for the next time DynDOLOD is started.

All the default size values for textures seem to be doubled, which means you end up with a 16k object LOD texture atlas.
I suggest to delete the mentioned preset files and keep the defaults (256 for object and stitched object LOD, 5.5 for Units pixel, max size LODs of 1024, max size full 256 etc.)
if it defaults to the higher values, set them all to half in TexGen and DynDOLOD.

If issue persists, check the folder sizes for the Tamriel meshes and textures folders in the output separately, upload new logs.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

It means, that the entire LOD for that 3D tree LOD in the Tamriel worldspace uses about 200MB.
That is OKish.

Have you checked your video memory usage?
Did you double the TexGen/DynDOLOD settings, despite presumably having a 1920x1080 resolution? Or do you have a large resolution than that?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen
The first time TexGen is started, some settings like the Base size, Units per pixel and the Max texture size are adjusted to the current game resolution as determined by the Prefs, Custom or Display Tweaks INI.
Once the Start button is clicked, the current settings are saved as a preset to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_TexGen_Default.ini for the next time TexGen is started.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode
The first time DynDOLOD is started, some settings like the Max tile size LOD, Max tile size full and the Max tile size billboard are adjusted to the current game resolution as determined by the Prefs, Custom or Display Tweaks INI.
Once the OK button is clicked, the current settings are saved as a preset to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Default.ini for the next time DynDOLOD is started.

All the default size values for textures seem to be doubled, which means you end up with a 16k object LOD texture atlas.
I suggest to delete the mentioned preset files and keep the defaults (256 for object and stitched object LOD, 5.5 for Units pixel, max size LODs of 1024, max size full 256 etc.)
if it defaults to the higher values, set them all to half in TexGen and DynDOLOD.

If issue persists, check the folder sizes for the Tamriel meshes and textures folders in the output separately, upload new logs.

About video memory usage, it stays unusually low for a loading to my point of view, like nothing is loading during ILS.
Actually after checking, it rises up to 12.5gb vram, then stabilizes to this value and doesn't change.
Ram goes up to 32 approx

My resolution is 3440x1400.
I followed ultra recommendations for texgen, xlodgen and dyndolod to tweak the settings. I also use acmos using lod32.
I did change all the settings for xlodgen, texgen and dyndolod.
Here are the screen.1725749580-texgen-settings.png1725750053-dyndolod-settings.jpg

I see you recommend to lower resolution of lods, but my setup should handle anything normally.
Should I not find a solution I will look into lowering everything, but it is a disappointment, meaning I won't have 3D lods if I set Lods for trees to billboards..
Which was the point of this whole dyndolod rerun, get 3D lods and grass lods.

The dyndolod output does work with all my settings, without ultra tree lods and grass lod. If I enable any of these 2, it will ILS outdoors.

Edit : regenerating texgen and dyndolod with lowered settings. I will keep you informed. Xlodgen unchanged (512p resolution was my choice).

Edit2 : didn't work. Lowering dyndolod and texgen to default values, still ILS. My dyndolod file is still 20gb zipped, but I guess this is because of grass lod and 3D trees.

Edited by Anorf

7 hours ago, Anorf said:

About video memory usage, it stays unusually low for a loading to my point of view, like nothing is loading during ILS.
Actually after checking, it rises up to 12.5gb vram, then stabilizes to this value and doesn't change.
Ram goes up to 32 approx

My resolution is 3440x1400.
I followed ultra recommendations for texgen, xlodgen and dyndolod to tweak the settings. I also use acmos using lod32.
I did change all the settings for xlodgen, texgen and dyndolod.
Here are the screen.1725749580-texgen-settings.png1725750053-dyndolod-settings.jpg

I see you recommend to lower resolution of lods, but my setup should handle anything normally.
Should I not find a solution I will look into lowering everything, but it is a disappointment, meaning I won't have 3D lods if I set Lods for trees to billboards..
Which was the point of this whole dyndolod rerun, get 3D lods and grass lods.

The dyndolod output does work with all my settings, without ultra tree lods and grass lod. If I enable any of these 2, it will ILS outdoors.

Edit : regenerating texgen and dyndolod with lowered settings. I will keep you informed. Xlodgen unchanged (512p resolution was my choice).

Edit2 : didn't work. Lowering dyndolod and texgen to default values, still ILS. My dyndolod file is still 20gb zipped, but I guess this is because of grass lod and 3D trees.

You did not provide the new DynDOLOD log and debug log or reported the folder size of the Tamriel meshes and texture folders.

How much physical VRAM and main memory does the hardware have? Do you let the OS handle virtual memory / page file or set custom values?

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
Do not post screenshots of the tools, unless it is about visual issues with the user interface. The used settings and options are typically documented in the debug log already.

I suggest to follow and read the explanations of the DynDOLOD documentation instead of blindly following 3rd party "ultra recommendation". Keep the sane default settings and presets.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texture-Resolution

Generate ultra tee LOD with billboards for LOD level 8 and 16.
If there still is an issue, loading the game, hide LOD Level 32 meshes as a test.

Upload new log and debug log.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

You did not provide the new DynDOLOD log and debug log or reported the folder size of the Tamriel meshes and texture folders.

How much physical VRAM and main memory does the hardware have? Do you let the OS handle virtual memory / page file or set custom values?

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs
Do not post screenshots of the tools, unless it is about visual issues with the user interface. The used settings and options are typically documented in the debug log already.

I suggest to follow and read the explanations of the DynDOLOD documentation instead of blindly following 3rd party "ultra recommendation". Keep the sane default settings and presets.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texture-Resolution

Generate ultra tee LOD with billboards for LOD level 8 and 16.
If there still is an issue, loading the game, hide LOD Level 32 meshes as a test.

Upload new log and debug log.

https://ufile.io/f/92oid

The logs from default settings and preset. Dyndolod_Tamriel is 170mo. Meshes for tamriel are 16go. Vram has 24go, ram is 64go. OS was handling memory page files, but I changed it to see if it could make a difference.

I read a dozen times all explanations for tree lods, grass and lots of pages. But it is too technical for a rookie, espiecally written in english. 

Will try this way, although this was already one of my previous tries, only I had the resolution higher.

Running Dyndolod now

1 hour ago, Anorf said:

https://ufile.io/f/92oid

The logs from default settings and preset. Dyndolod_Tamriel is 170mo. Meshes for tamriel are 16go. Vram has 24go, ram is 64go. OS was handling memory page files, but I changed it to see if it could make a difference.

I read a dozen times all explanations for tree lods, grass and lots of pages. But it is too technical for a rookie, espiecally written in english. 

Will try this way, although this was already one of my previous tries, only I had the resolution higher.

Running Dyndolod now

You have mods like Dragons Keep SSE  installed that set somewhat ridiculous mesh rules, including using full models for the higher LOD levels, even if LOD models exist.
The "tree" mesh rule defines to use 3D tree LOD models in the higher LOD levels instead of billboards.

Look up technical terms at https://dyndolod.info/Terminology, use hover hints and click links. Use internet search to look up explanations and terms that are general concepts for gaming. The documentation for the tool and settings are verbatim. If you do not understand something, then ask a question.

You are using Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Quality instead of Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Performance
The tree LOD for the tree treepineforestsnow05, which is used 10098 times use 980MB alone.
The tree LOD for the tree treepineforestsnow02, which is used 8121 times uses 883MB alone.
You enabled to generate object LOD level 32 for the map.

To put this into perspective, the Tamriel vanilla object LOD meshes are 135MB. DynDOLOD High with ultra tree LOD, 100% grass LOD for the vanilla game is 1.8GB.

I suggest to try at least these things: Change the "tree" mesh rule to Use Billboard4 in LOD level 8 and 16. Lower grass LOD density a bit further for example 45% or 33%.
Replace Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Quality with Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Performance. If you still end up with a single 16k x 8k object LOD atlas texture for Tamriel after those changes, set MaxTextureSize=8192 in A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so it generates two atlas textures.

If you do these things one at time to learn their individual impact, you can then see which one make the biggest difference.

If issues persist, also upload the normal TexGen and DynDOLOLOD logs and also report report the size of the textures folder. Also upload A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini and A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheson said:

You have mods like Dragons Keep SSE  installed that set somewhat ridiculous mesh rules, including using full models for the higher LOD levels, even if LOD models exist.
The "tree" mesh rule defines to use 3D tree LOD models in the higher LOD levels instead of billboards.

Look up technical terms at https://dyndolod.info/Terminology, use hover hints and click links. Use internet search to look up explanations and terms that are general concepts for gaming. The documentation for the tool and settings are verbatim. If you do not understand something, then ask a question.

You are using Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Quality instead of Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Performance
The tree LOD for the tree treepineforestsnow05, which is used 10098 times use 980MB alone.
The tree LOD for the tree treepineforestsnow02, which is used 8121 times uses 883MB alone.
You enabled to generate object LOD level 32 for the map.

To put this into perspective, the Tamriel vanilla object LOD meshes are 135MB. DynDOLOD High with ultra tree LOD, 100% grass LOD for the vanilla game is 1.8GB.

I suggest to try at least these things: Change the "tree" mesh rule to Use Billboard4 in LOD level 8 and 16. Lower grass LOD density a bit further for example 45% or 33%.
Replace Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Quality with Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Performance. If you still end up with a single 16k x 8k object LOD atlas texture for Tamriel after those changes, set MaxTextureSize=8192 in A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so it generates two atlas textures.

If you do these things one at time to learn their individual impact, you can then see which one make the biggest difference.

If issues persist, also upload the normal TexGen and DynDOLOLOD logs and also report report the size of the textures folder. Also upload A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini and A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

Wow ok this is a precise answer ! Thanks for helping.
Regarding dragons keep, could I just delete lod or the dyndolod files ? I also have silverpeak lodge which is honestly plenty of xedit errors, but I cleaned it the best I could.
It is the only mod dyndolod overrides by the way. 
But these mods were in my mod order and everything worked rather well, before using grass cache and ultra trees. 

I tried with tree billboard 4 and 1 for lvl 8 and 16, didn't work either.
I will edit this post after each generation to see at which point I will be able to load outdoors. 
It will happen at a point, because I already know disabling ultra trees and grass cache works. But at the middle there must be a setting you asked me to do that should work..

I don't understand the 16k x 8k object lod atlas texture, I've already put default settings for resolution, how do I know I have such a lod atlas texture ?

I am rerunning now with billboard 4 and reduced grass density.
Next step will be to use happy tree lods performance.

What I don't understand is, people with lower setups can have higher lod settings than what I'm about to generate.
Using dyndolod before, it wasn't even reducing my fps, even from a high mountain to display the whole map I still had around +120fps (now I've limited to 60 during my tests). This is confusing and frustrating to be honest.

Edit1 : not good with billboard 4 and grass density at 45%. Attempting with performance files for HLT.

Edited by Anorf

14 minutes ago, Anorf said:

Wow ok this is a precise answer ! Thanks for helping.
Regarding dragons keep, could I just delete lod or the dyndolod files ? I also have silverpeak lodge which is honestly plenty of xedit errors, but I cleaned it the best I could.
It is the only mod dyndolod overrides by the way. 
But these mods were in my mod order and everything worked rather well, before using grass cache and ultra trees. 

I tried with tree billboard 4 and 1 for lvl 8 and 16, didn't work either.
I will edit this post after each generation to see at which point I will be able to load outdoors. 
It will happen at a point, because I already know disabling ultra trees and grass cache works. But at the middle there must be a setting you asked me to do that should work..

I don't understand the 16k x 8k object lod atlas texture, I've already put default settings for resolution, how do I know I have such a lod atlas texture ?

I am rerunning now with billboard 4 and reduced grass density.
Next step will be to use happy tree lods performance.

What I don't understand is, people with lower setups can have higher lod settings than what I'm about to generate.
Using dyndolod before, it wasn't even reducing my fps, even from a high mountain to display the whole map I still had around +120fps (now I've limited to 60 during my tests). This is confusing and frustrating to be honest.

No TexGen, DynDOLOD logs and debug logs were provided.

By itself Dragons Keep is probably somewhat fine, just together with all the other stuff it adds to the overload.
Without having tested the result in game myself, make a backup of DynDOLOD_SSE_DragonsKeepesp_high.ini mods DynDOLOD folder and replace with this DynDOLOD_SSE_DragonsKeepesp_high.ini, then run DynDOLOD again and compare effect on output size. If size change seem negligible in the grant scheme of things or If the LOD for it looks weird with this, just restore the backup and generate again.

The messages logs prints a line for the each object LOD atlas texture creation:
[Tamriel] Creating texture atlas A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds 16384 x 8192

If all ultra tree LOD fails, I suggest to not set Level32 in the DynDOLOD INI to see difference in size. After that test with standard tree LOD instead of ultra tree LOD.

Have over 100 times the requirement of vanilla LOD with several 10th of GB of LOD meshes and 16k texture for a single worldpace/season will always be resources intensive, especially when paired with high-res full models and textures.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

No TexGen, DynDOLOD logs and debug logs were provided.

By itself Dragons Keep is probably somewhat fine, just together with all the other stuff it adds to the overload.
Without having tested the result in game myself, make a backup of DynDOLOD_SSE_DragonsKeepesp_high.ini mods DynDOLOD folder and replace with this DynDOLOD_SSE_DragonsKeepesp_high.ini, then run DynDOLOD again and compare effect on output size. If size change seem negligible in the grant scheme of things or If the LOD for it looks weird with this, just restore the backup and generate again.

The messages logs prints a line for the each object LOD atlas texture creation:
[Tamriel] Creating texture atlas A:\Vortex Mods\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds 16384 x 8192

If all ultra tree LOD fails, I suggest to not set Level32 in the DynDOLOD INI to see difference in size. After that test with standard tree LOD instead of ultra tree LOD.

Have over 100 times the requirement of vanilla LOD with several 10th of GB of LOD meshes and 16k texture for a single worldpace/season will always be resources intensive, especially when paired with high-res full models and textures.

Well everything have failed unfortunately.
Here is a link of the last log that failed.

https://ufile.io/f/haxz5

Forgot to check the dragonskeep difference. Can't tell if lods look weird, because I can't load :)
Last attempt, output was 8go size zipped, I had 2 files for tamriel dds, 00 and 01.
I tried every possibility you asked, and kept everything every time I downgraded something.

Only 2 attempts I have left :
 no lod32 (in progress). Then I will try with no ultra trees.

Edit : Must have missed something in settings when generating because after removing lod32 I have no lods at all. No objects, no trees, no grass, just terrain. So I was able to load this way of course, but it wasn't the point.

Edited by Anorf

52 minutes ago, Anorf said:

Well everything have failed unfortunately.
Here is a link of the last log that failed.

https://ufile.io/f/haxz5

Forgot to check the dragonskeep difference. Can't tell if lods look weird, because I can't load :)
Last attempt, output was 8go size zipped, I had 2 files for tamriel dds, 00 and 01.
I tried every possibility you asked, and kept everything every time I downgraded something.

Only 2 attempts I have left :
 no lod32 (in progress). Then I will try with no ultra trees.

Edit : Must have missed something in settings when generating because after removing lod32 I have no lods at all. No objects, no trees, no grass, just terrain. So I was able to load this way of course, but it wasn't the point.

Unfortunately the DynDOLOD log and debug log do not show a generation session.

When you do not generate LOD level 32, you need to set uLockedObjectMapLOD=16 in the A Clear Map of Skyrim.ini so the game loads LOD properly.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Unfortunately the DynDOLOD log and debug log do not show a generation session.

When you do not generate LOD level 32, you need to set uLockedObjectMapLOD=16 in the A Clear Map of Skyrim.ini so the game loads LOD properly.

Well, infinite load screen whithout lod32.

Before trying the standard trees, I have a question.

Something seems wrong, I tried reopening the game without dyndolod after all these attempts, and now there is nothing apart from my grid (or close grids ?).

Is this really how skyrim looks like without dyndolod ? Am I not missing some meshes files here ?

20240908214633_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Anorf said:

Well, infinite load screen whithout lod32.

Before trying the standard trees, I have a question.

Something seems wrong, I tried reopening the game without dyndolod after all these attempts, and now there is nothing apart from my grid (or close grids ?).

Is this really how skyrim looks like without dyndolod ? Am I not missing some meshes files here ?

20240908214633_1.jpg

No log files were provided.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies
The vanilla game deliberately omits references in the child worldspace outside the walls to lessen resource usage. It can make for barren views when peaking over the walls.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Entire-LOD-missing
Increase terrain LOD, object LOD or tree LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings.
Can be caused by [MapMenu] uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini (or SkyrimCustom.INI or a mod INI), especially if there are no object LOD level 32 meshes (which is the vanilla/default). See Trees on the Map for further explanations.

Ok then, it explains the buildings invisible from the walls. Learned a new setting I didn't understand. Too soon to try this in my current situation though.

For the entire lod missing, the screenshot was without dyndolod active, so I can't increase distances. Which means I have no tree lods in my meshes I guess, which is rather weird.
Distances are set on ultra, from the official FAQ if I recall correctly.

Here are my logs from the last output I did, which was no LOD32, default settings.
Edit : the dyndolod_sse.ini is this one, but with level32=0. Just reversed the value before uploading, but it was the right one for the generation

https://ufile.io/f/vk3ek

Edit2 : Ils with  tree lods, kept grass lod, no ultra tree lods.
https://ufile.io/f/ebfh9

Edit3 : what happens if you load dyndolod from an outside cell ? Because, loading a previous save, where I was in the outside on top of a mountain, I was able to load without any ILS... I got into a room and out, and just loaded without any issue again.
This save probably had a dyndolod running. I'm aware of instructions to update dyndolod, but if I can bypass safely, maybe that's just the fix.

Edit4 : Well I maybed found out why I have such problems, but not how. Somehow it looks like my game is keeping a "memory" of what it had.
After loading in the outside cell in a previous game sucessfully, I saved, left the game. Restarted the game, launched the save I was in a cell, and..

it just loaded normally. Before that, I made several attempts with this specific output, and nothing ever worked. But after the game managed to launch it once, it just was able to launch it again.
If anyone has a clue on what could cause this... Might not be even related to dyndolod after all, although I could always load without dyndolod active.

Edited by Anorf