DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

Hello, I generated a new dyndolod on v165 and when I try and load my save skyrim says it's missing all of the plugins from dyndolod.

My last run was on dyndolod v158 and that worked fine.

Please help me, it's new years and I just want to play the game, I've been dealing with blue screens, and failed generations for 2 days now... I just want to play the game.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The game not loading plugins has nothing to with the tool creating a plugin.

When start the game and test everything works with "coc whiterun" from main menu console. If that works, restart the game and load an interior save and go outside.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

The game not loading plugins has nothing to with the tool creating a plugin.

When start the game and test everything works with "coc whiterun" from main menu console. If that works, restart the game and load an interior save and go outside.

I was told this is where to go for help.
Here are my texgen and dyndolod logs, the issue is with my plugin though.
I can load into the game however the plugins are disabled, I think it's the new 1.71 plugin type conflicting with skyrim 1.6.640.

https://mega.nz/file/kwZG2Sob#UaVTRv61Udnmw0paFOpNWPSKcY7thSfmERgXB59A79U

I looked at dyndolod in xedit and the plugin format is 1.8 and that could be causing it to not load on older skyrim versions.

Edit: I changed the plugin format to 1.7 in xEdit and the dyndolod plugins finally load... Though I don't trust that everything will be fine lol
Would you be able to have Dyndolod support older versions of the game with a setting that changes the plugin generation or is that out of scope?

Edited by StrayHALO_MAN

39 minutes ago, StrayHALO_MAN said:

I looked at dyndolod in xedit and the plugin format is 1.8 and that could be causing it to not load on older skyrim versions.

Edit: I changed the plugin format to 1.7 in xEdit and the dyndolod plugins finally load... Though I don't trust that everything will be fine lol
Would you be able to have Dyndolod support older versions of the game with a setting that changes the plugin generation or is that out of scope?

The DynDOLOD plugins use the highest version found in plugins in the load order.

Permanently remove all plugin that have a too high version and/or make sure that Backported Extended ESL Support is installed.

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

The DynDOLOD plugins use the highest version found in plugins in the load order.

Permanently remove all plugin that have a too high version and/or make sure that Backported Extended ESL Support is installed.

Hey I found the plugin that was set to 1.80 in my load order, thankfully the mod was never loaded into my save or anything so I only needed to change the version to 1.70 to fix it...
But thanks to you I finally can play the game after 2 days of blue screens, 2 bios updates, literal rage tears and other compounding issues I had to fix while trying to figure out what was going on all It's been finally fixed thanks to your few words here.
I promise right now I'm going to join your Patreon, you're my hero and have a happy new years <3

Edited by StrayHALO_MAN

10 hours ago, StrayHALO_MAN said:

Hey I found the plugin that was set to 1.80 in my load order, thankfully the mod was never loaded into my save or anything so I only needed to change the version to 1.70 to fix it...
But thanks to you I finally can play the game after 2 days of blue screens, 2 bios updates, literal rage tears and other compounding issues I had to fix while trying to figure out what was going on all It's been finally fixed thanks to your few words here.
I promise right now I'm going to join your Patreon, you're my hero and have a happy new years <3

Ah sorry, didn't see there were two posts while being on mobile.

Great that it works now. Thanks for whatever donation you may make on Ko-fi.

Did the plugin with 1.8 come like this from a mod or do you know how it happened that it has that version?

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Ah sorry, didn't see there were two posts while being on mobile.

Great that it works now. Thanks for whatever donation you may make on Ko-fi.

Did the plugin with 1.8 come like this from a mod or do you know how it happened that it has that version?

I became a ElminsterAU patreon for 5 bucks a month and I'll send you $15 on Ko-fi too.

So I'm not sure if I'm losing my mind. I could have sworn DynDOLOD shipped with the resources required for ultra vanilla tree LODs in SSE. I've had them before and I was in love with literally no visual difference between the trees in front of me and the trees in the distant mountains. I've rebuilt my load order recently and when I went to generate my LOD, I noticed I no longer had those beautiful 3d trees.

I've ran the complete DynDOLOD set up a dozen times with different settings ranging from default settings, following the STEP guide settings, random guide settings and for the life of me I cannot get it to generate the ultra trees. My last attempt I wiped my SSE and just installed the vanilla game to run everything. Still no good. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I had to zip the TexGen_SSE_Debug_Log since it was over the file size limit, and here's the entire logs folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yQHEvPLVHLx0edu7aFAqZSCEGSbgxGfs/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me if I'm just an idiot and I'm missing something very obvious.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.zip

12 hours ago, Sable17 said:

So I'm not sure if I'm losing my mind. I could have sworn DynDOLOD shipped with the resources required for ultra vanilla tree LODs in SSE. I've had them before and I was in love with literally no visual difference between the trees in front of me and the trees in the distant mountains. I've rebuilt my load order recently and when I went to generate my LOD, I noticed I no longer had those beautiful 3d trees.

I've ran the complete DynDOLOD set up a dozen times with different settings ranging from default settings, following the STEP guide settings, random guide settings and for the life of me I cannot get it to generate the ultra trees. My last attempt I wiped my SSE and just installed the vanilla game to run everything. Still no good. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I had to zip the TexGen_SSE_Debug_Log since it was over the file size limit, and here's the entire logs folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yQHEvPLVHLx0edu7aFAqZSCEGSbgxGfs/view?usp=sharing

Please tell me if I'm just an idiot and I'm missing something very obvious.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 105.14 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 36.37 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.zip 288.04 kB · 0 downloads

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Generating
While the LOD is generated, a log file with a detailed report for each tree is created to ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Tree_Report.txt. It will contain an entry for each tree and which types of assets were found and used for the different LOD levels:

The Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt shows that pretty much every tree has been replaced and that its 3D LOD was not found.

Maybe you changed the full models with a tool like CAO?

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Generating
While the LOD is generated, a log file with a detailed report for each tree is created to ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_Tree_Report.txt. It will contain an entry for each tree and which types of assets were found and used for the different LOD levels:

The Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt shows that pretty much every tree has been replaced and that its 3D LOD was not found.

Maybe you changed the full models with a tool like CAO?

Thank you for replying! No, I haven't changed any models. My process was:

Install fresh Skyrim, run once, download and extract the main files from DynDOLOD resources, download and run fresh TexGen at default settings, fresh DynDOLOD with High settings clicked and Ultra trees checked, and xLODGen.

This has been driving me mad for sure. I must be messing something up, some setting I have wrong or something but I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Sable17 said:

Thank you for replying! No, I haven't changed any models. My process was:

Install fresh Skyrim, run once, download and extract the main files from DynDOLOD resources, download and run fresh TexGen at default settings, fresh DynDOLOD with High settings clicked and Ultra trees checked, and xLODGen.

This has been driving me mad for sure. I must be messing something up, some setting I have wrong or something but I don't get it.

Looks like I forgot to include the new crc32 file I made for 1.6.1130
Replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt with this DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt, then generate again.

Hey sheson! Since some of the latest updates, tree LOD (ultra using Billboard4 in all stages) is showing a small cross at the top. Like UVs were very slightly out of range for the billboard, or there was some other offset in the atlas. I only ran into it testing with my vanilla profile. Everything was generated fresh with Alpha 165.

Logs

Ue7SZA9.png 9UJTel7.png

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

Looks like I forgot to include the new crc32 file I made for 1.6.1130
Replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt with this DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt, then generate again.

It works! Thank you so much. I've been tearing my hair out since I never had trouble before. I forgot about the update potentially messing with things. Thank you again! These are godly tools!