DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

42 minutes ago, FinalCraneFall said:

image.thumb.png.03a0e15d81a7d5e902713e9272bb56cc.pngWhat should I do with Northern Roads bridges? I assume this is not the correct setting. What should I do?
And how can I save my current rules? I want to make a backup.

Report the actual problem as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum
What is the problem about Northern Roads bridges. Which one?

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to provide information about objects in the game.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Mesh-Mask-and-Reference-Rules
Use the Save preset and Load preset buttons to save custom rules for later use.

Moving the conversation here, as it is starting to look like this might indeed be a bug. I reran DynDOLOD with the latest version, and this time the solitude windmill is using the swindmillrotor.nif model as it should. However, the farmhouse windmills are using Farmhousewindmillfan.nif, despite smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif being present during LOD generation.
32vwkN9.png0zTvlPb.pngWIqkTIl.png

I also have some problems with trees. Outside Solitude there are some tree LOD models in a loaded cell. I don't think these trees have an associated full model in that location. In the place of one of these there used to be a tree added by USSEP. I made it into an UDR, and now there's just the LOD model instead.

Qzm0Qcn.pngIYF3mHg.png

If I disable TGC Solitude Fixes.esp, I get this tree on top of the LOD model on the right.

zNGnumk.png

Then there's a bunch of trees near Kynesgrove that behave erratically. In LOD4 they can be seen in the distance. Then when I go closer and the trees enter the large ref grid they disappear. When the cell loads properly they appear again.

aqJv6xd.pngXzGLOm8.pngDraXfsd.png

m8eXAc1.pngOx7n1up.pngcf3TKgy.png

I am using large trees as large refs - which btw is a fantastic feature, thank you very much for adding it. Here are the logs as usual. I also checked Papyrus logs, but there were no DynDOLOD related errors or warnings.

Edit: My uGridsToLoad is 5 and uLargeRefLODGridSize is 9. If disabling large refs by setting uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5 the trees at Kynesgrove no longer disappear. I'm using the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts large ref workarounds.

Edited by Blackread
additional information

33 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Moving the conversation here, as it is starting to look like this might indeed be a bug. I reran DynDOLOD with the latest version, and this time the solitude windmill is using the swindmillrotor.nif model as it should. However, the farmhouse windmills are using Farmhousewindmillfan.nif, despite smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif being present during LOD generation.
32vwkN9.png0zTvlPb.pngWIqkTIl.png

I also have some problems with trees. Outside Solitude there are some tree LOD models in a loaded cell. I don't think these trees have an associated full model in that location. In the place of one of these there used to be a tree added by USSEP. I made it into an UDR, and now there's just the LOD model instead.

Qzm0Qcn.pngIYF3mHg.png

If I disable TGC Solitude Fixes.esp, I get this tree on top of the LOD model on the right.

zNGnumk.png

Then there's a bunch of trees near Kynesgrove that behave erratically. In LOD4 they can be seen in the distance. Then when I go closer and the trees enter the large ref grid they disappear. When the cell loads properly they appear again.

aqJv6xd.pngXzGLOm8.pngDraXfsd.png

m8eXAc1.pngOx7n1up.pngcf3TKgy.png

I am using large trees as large refs - which btw is a fantastic feature, thank you very much for adding it. Here are the logs as usual. I also checked Papyrus logs, but there were no DynDOLOD related errors or warnings.

If making screenshots of records in xEdit best to not hide no conflict/empty rows if there are plugins overwriting.

So the SMIM DynDOLOD install option is still working for the Solitude rotor as it is supposed to. Great.

Can you check if the full path of the second screenshot is architecture\farmhouse\farmhousewindmill\farmhousewindmillfan.nif?
Are the files shown in the third screenshot identical - same CRC32?

LOD is typically added for full model references that exist (and are not permanently disabled through player) with the exact same position and rotation of the winning record at generation time. See if you can find the form id in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

Can you look up the tree form id form the last screenshot in xEdit 0x98EA7 if any other plugin is overwriting it before the DynDOLOD plugin?
I think the trees are being moved to a different cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp and should thus not be made large references in this case. That will be fixed in the next alpha version.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

If making screenshots of records in xEdit best to not hide no conflict/empty rows if there are plugins overwriting.

So the SMIM DynDOLOD install option is still working for the Solitude rotor as it is supposed to. Great.

Can you check if the full path of the second screenshot is architecture\farmhouse\farmhousewindmill\farmhousewindmillfan.nif?
Are the files shown in the third screenshot identical - same CRC32?

LOD is typically added for full model references that exist (and are not permanently disabled through player) with the exact same position and rotation of the winning record at generation time. See if you can find the form id in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

Can you look up the tree form id form the last screenshot in xEdit 0x98EA7 if any other plugin is overwriting it before the DynDOLOD plugin?
I think the trees are being moved to a different cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp and should thus not be made large references in this case. That will be fixed in the next alpha version.

Yes, that is the full path of the windmill fan mesh.

Here are the CRC 32s for the meshes:

CRC32             Size  Name
-------- -------------  ------------
84C846CE        349922  farmhousewindmillfan.nif
26C45CC6        349922  farmhousewindmillfan02.nif
23C240AD        349922  smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif

I wasn't able to find any of the form IDs related to that particular tree outside Solitude in that txt file.

All three of the Kynesgrove trees screenshotted were moved to another cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp, as you suspected.

Just realised something related to the lod-looking tree models outside Solitude: I used Billboard4 for LOD4 and LOD8, Billboard1 for LOD16 and Billboard6 for LOD32, so I shouldn't even have any of the hybrid tree models with 3D branches in my game.

Edited by Blackread

6 hours ago, Blackread said:

Yes, that is the full path of the windmill fan mesh.

Here are the CRC 32s for the meshes:

CRC32             Size  Name
-------- -------------  ------------
84C846CE        349922  farmhousewindmillfan.nif
26C45CC6        349922  farmhousewindmillfan02.nif
23C240AD        349922  smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif

I wasn't able to find any of the form IDs related to that particular tree outside Solitude in that txt file.

All three of the Kynesgrove trees screenshotted were moved to another cell by The Great Village of Kynesgrove.esp, as you suspected.

Just realised something related to the lod-looking tree models outside Solitude: I used Billboard4 for LOD4 and LOD8, Billboard1 for LOD16 and Billboard6 for LOD32, so I shouldn't even have any of the hybrid tree models with 3D branches in my game.

I will check what is going on with the the smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif.

Check if the tree outside Solitude is LOD by toggling LOD off/on with tll.

If it is LOD, see if you can find a line for it in the LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt based on the position values. 

A Chinese player encountered visual oddities as shown in the picture after generating DynDOLOD. Tree LODs and Grass LODs are completely gone (among other less obvious visual problems), but the generated bto files do have tree/grass billboard meshes in them. The object LOD atlas also contains tree/grass billboard textures. So what else can cause this kind of problem?

(I don't have their log files right now because they were overwritten by aborted attempts, I could ask them to redo a complete generation and provide the logs sometime later but right now I just want some pointers, sorry)

dd66d4c451da81cb0dc95e031766d016082431dd1.thumb.jpg.0fabc0e1d1f2d6401bdbc227e8d28fa7.jpg

2 hours ago, heheloveer said:

A Chinese player encountered visual oddities as shown in the picture after generating DynDOLOD. Tree LODs and Grass LODs are completely gone (among other less obvious visual problems), but the generated bto files do have tree/grass billboard meshes in them. The object LOD atlas also contains tree/grass billboard textures. So what else can cause this kind of problem?

(I don't have their log files right now because they were overwritten by aborted attempts, I could ask them to redo a complete generation and provide the logs sometime later but right now I just want some pointers, sorry)

dd66d4c451da81cb0dc95e031766d016082431dd1.thumb.jpg.0fabc0e1d1f2d6401bdbc227e8d28fa7.jpg

Increase object LOD (and tree LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu

Otherwise see https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

5 minutes ago, sheson said:

Increase object LOD (and tree LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu

My first advice to them was to increase those values (and to disable SSE FPS Stabilizer if they had it). Apparently they did so but the problem was still there. Is there any other mod that could mess up those settings?

Setting uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 without having Level 32 object LODs is indeed a possibility. I asked for screenshots of their DynDOLOD rules and it seems they never bothered with any of the Level 32 stuff. However, judging from the aborted logs they didn't have ACMOS in their load order, which to my knowledge is the only popular mod that enables Level 32 object LODs, so it's unlikely as well. Still I'll ask them about this, but I don't have high hopes.

19 hours ago, sheson said:

Well, they claimed they haven't installed ACMOS and I don't think they would mess with uLockedObjectMapLOD manually, so there went that theory. On the flip side, they did another generation, with traditional tree LOD, not Ultra tree LOD this time and somehow it worked, sort of. The trees are now in their full billboardy glory but sadly the grass lods are still missing, as expected. I simply don't understand why. At least this time I've got their logs: https://anonfiles.com/p4D2Rexfzb/Logs_0621_rar Hopefully there's something of note there.

By the way, do you know how localization would affect DynDOLOD plugins? I personally don't use any localization but most Chinese player have to play the game with Chinese localization. I've seen people mentioning them trying to localize the DynDOLOD plugins and saying that this could cause problems.

Update: it seems the user figured out what was wrong on their own: somehow the DynDOLOD output was being overwritten by stuff in the overwrite folder. They deleted those files and the tree LODs reappeared. Truly one of the troubleshooting sessions of all time.🤦‍♂️

Edited by heheloveer

21 hours ago, heheloveer said:

By the way, do you know how localization would affect DynDOLOD plugins? I personally don't use any localization but most Chinese player have to play the game with Chinese localization. I've seen people mentioning them trying to localize the DynDOLOD plugins and saying that this could cause problems.

In case the generated plugins end up not carrying forward localized strings correctly, refer to the xEdit documentation how to set language etc. with command line arguments like -l. See https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/2-overview.html#CommandLineSwitches and refer to xEdit docs or support by more knowledgeable people about this topic than I.

5 minutes ago, sheson said:

In case the generated plugins end up not carrying forward localized strings correctly, refer to the xEdit documentation how to set language etc. with command line arguments like -l. See https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/2-overview.html#CommandLineSwitches and refer to xEdit docs or support by more knowledgeable people about this topic than I.

Thanks. I don't think I can understand this any time soon but maybe this could help in the future.

Right, another thing: more than one people have asked me about the problems they had while generating DynDOLOD for Vigilant worldspaces. They claimed they never touched DynDOLOD_SSE_worldspace_ignore.txt but the Vigilant worldspaces showed up in the UI nevertheless. Could it be that the localization of the worldspaces' names inadvertently enables them to bypass the ignore list? According to one of the players who encountered Vigilant related problems, the error message looked like this:

<[CELL:2507C9D7] (in zCHTrueEndWorld "星霜原野" [WRLD:25078779] at 5,4) Error while updating TVDT data: Access violation at address 0000000000526F60 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'.

Note the mojibake name for the worldspace.

On 6/21/2023 at 6:40 AM, sheson said:

I will check what is going on with the the smfarmhousewindmillfan.nif.

Check if the tree outside Solitude is LOD by toggling LOD off/on with tll.

If it is LOD, see if you can find a line for it in the LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt based on the position values. 

Lol I'm an idiot. No they are not LOD, they are regular objects that just look a bit like LOD with the billboard trunks. Can even click on them with console. I'll post the pictures with full details, but basically they are placed by DynDOLOD.esm.

Edit: Took the pics accidentally with the wrong LOD, posting real pics soon.

Edit2: Console pics:

2Y9LkV0.pngcfYNWbH.png

Edited by Blackread

5 hours ago, heheloveer said:

Thanks. I don't think I can understand this any time soon but maybe this could help in the future.

Also see http://tes5edit.github.io/whatsnew.html#improved-language-and-codepage-support

5 hours ago, heheloveer said:

Right, another thing: more than one people have asked me about the problems they had while generating DynDOLOD for Vigilant worldspaces. They claimed they never touched DynDOLOD_SSE_worldspace_ignore.txt but the Vigilant worldspaces showed up in the UI nevertheless. Could it be that the localization of the worldspaces' names inadvertently enables them to bypass the ignore list? According to one of the players who encountered Vigilant related problems, the error message looked like this:

Note the mojibake name for the worldspace.

Yes, as you can see in the ignore file, the lines also contain the EditorID, Name and plugin name and the Name is being translated. I will probably change that some time so it always works.

Regardless, there should be nos such error. Use the latest version. Upload the log, debug log and bugreport.txt if error happens with latest version.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blackread said:

Lol I'm an idiot. No they are not LOD, they are regular objects that just look a bit like LOD with the billboard trunks. Can even click on them with console. I'll post the pictures with full details, but basically they are placed by DynDOLOD.esm.

Edit: Took the pics accidentally with the wrong LOD, posting real pics soon.

Edit2: Console pics:

2Y9LkV0.pngcfYNWbH.png

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots
If the form ID points to a DynDOLOD plugin, load the plugin into xEdit and look up the reference. Take note of the Editor ID, which is typically of the format pluginname_formID for the source plugin and reference.