DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

29 minutes ago, kimwb11 said:

Access violation at address 000000000120E735 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000.

This message is bo thering me. Please help me. 

bugreport.txt 258.29 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 130.9 kB · 0 downloads

Also upload the debug log as explained on first post.

Is this error repeatable, does it happen every time?

27 minutes ago, TemplarSwift said:

I had the same problem twice with the exact same address.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log - it is 223 Mb

bugreport.txt 237.75 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.64 MB · 0 downloads

Do not install any third party billboards. Pay attention to log messages. Remove ..\Textures\Terrain\LODGen\*.* from any mods but TexGen output. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.  https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

In case problem persists upload new log, debug log and bugreport.txt

Grass LOD is grayed out, I can't check it, I've been reading for hours trying to figure this out, and I don't understand why it's grayed out.

DynDOLODGrassMode = 1 is for a lack of better words, would be a default setting vs 2?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

31 minutes ago, mooit said:

Grass LOD is grayed out, I can't check it, I've been reading for hours trying to figure this out, and I don't understand why it's grayed out.

No Grass In Object requires .NET Script Framework, and I was told this doesn't work for 1.6+

THANKS

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD
Grass LOD generation requires a warmed precache from No Grass In Objects for the current load order. It uses the *.CGID files found in the ..\Data\Grass\ folder. Check out Worldspaces with Grass SSEEdit Script for No Grass In Objects, it helps speeding up the grass cache generation.
No Grass In Objects is currently only available for Skyrim Special Edition runtime version 1.5.x. The grass LOD generation however does not care about the runtime version, so the grass cache files can still be used to generate grass LOD with the runtime 1.6.x.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Generating
Generate or update the grass cache of No Grass In Objects according to is instructions.
Generate grass LOD billboards with TexGen and install the TexGen output as usual.
To enable grass LOD generation, check the Grass LOD checkbox in the advanced mode of DynDOLOD.
The option is disabled if its requirements are not met. Hover the mouse pointer to see a tooltip with the number of found *.CGID grass cache files and grass LOD billboards.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Grass LOD
Check Grass LOD to generate grass LOD in object LOD. Requires Object LOD to be checked, grass LOD billboards and *.CGID grass cache files.
The option is disabled if its requirements are not met. Hover the mouse pointer to see a tooltip with the number of found *.CGID grass cache files and grass LOD billboards.

16 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi sheson, I've been doing what you just posted, not working, still grayed out.

I'll try some more, I must be missing something here.

Thanks greatly appreciated! 

Nobody knows what it is you are doing.

"Requires Object LOD to be checked, grass LOD billboards and *.CGID grass cache files."

"Hover the mouse pointer to see a tooltip with the number of found *.CGID grass cache files and grass LOD billboards."

Either object LOD is not checked, the number of found *.CGID grass cache files or number of grass LOD billboards is zero.

Sorry shenson if I seem dense here, I'm not understanding what you mean;
-----------------------------------------------

No Grass In Objects is currently only available for Skyrim Special Edition runtime version 1.5.x. The grass LOD generation however does not care about the runtime version, so the grass cache files can still be used to generate grass LOD with the runtime 1.6.x.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't understand how/where to get grass cache files if I'm running 1.6.x. which I thought the easiest way was with Worldspaces with Grass SSEEdit Script for No Grass In Objects, or the only way?

Please forgive my questions, I am really reading and trying, just so much documentation to wrap my head around, and I really appreciate your help and patience.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

33 minutes ago, mooit said:

I don't understand how/where to get grass cache files if I'm running 1.6.x.

You already know that this is not possible. The conclusion is that you need to use runtime version 1.5.x etc. in order to use No Grass In Objects and generate grass cache.

16 minutes ago, mooit said:

I was confused when you said; The grass LOD generation however does not care about the runtime version

Grass LOD generation only cares about *.CGID files in the ..\data\grass folder and grass LOD billboards. It does not care about the runtime version or if No Grass In Objects is installed/working or not.

5 hours ago, Zhunter5000 said:

If it will help make my comment make more sense, while my windows AV is disabled, I have Malwarebytes instead, and no modding tools on my C drive (Secondary drives had manually created folders called program files as a personal preference).

Thank you for the advice on how I can look into my issues more. I appreciate it greatly and apologize once again for any possible confusion caused by my wording.

Once you have a crash log, check it for mentioning a texture *.dds. It will most likely not have a power of 2 resolution. Or upload the log if you need help deciphering it.

Or if you narrowed it down to a BTO, check which single textures it uses that are shipping with a mod.