DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

14 minutes ago, fattyzhouse said:

Hello. Hope everyone is doing well. Here's one that I don't understand. An "assertion failure." It just happened as I started re-running TexGen from Dyn 3 Alpha 83. Alpha 82 ran through fine, but I'm not sure what to do about this one. No hurries or worries, modkin. Here's a look at the debug file. 

https://paste.ee/p/rw8SG

Check what happens if you load the load order in xEdit 4.0.4.

If hat works, see what happens with xEdit_4.1.4b_EXTREMELY_EXPERIMENTAL from the xEdit discord #xedit-builds.

What mod is Ayleid Aquarium.esp from?

Ayleid Aquarium is a modified version of The Dragonborn's Aquarium by Betalille. I made quite a few changes so it's entirely possible that I'm the culprit here. LoL! I don't have a discord but I'll sign up and snag the experimental version if need be. I have my load order opened up in xedit 4.0.4 now. It opened up without a hitch.

25 minutes ago, fattyzhouse said:

Ayleid Aquarium is a modified version of The Dragonborn's Aquarium by Betalille. I made quite a few changes so it's entirely possible that I'm the culprit here. LoL! I don't have a discord but I'll sign up and snag the experimental version if need be. I have my load order opened up in xedit 4.0.4 now. It opened up without a hitch.

Note that xEdit often continues to load despite a plugin having problems so that it can still be worked on and fixed. Pay attention to the log messages.

See if loading/saving plugin in CK makes a difference.

Since DynDOLOD is based on the 4.1.4 experimental, test with that if possible. Otherwise send me link in a PM.

Found it. TexGen fired up and is running as it should. The xedit log messages pointed me right to it. I think I realize now how I messed up. I had made one single change to the Ayleid Aquarium plugin using the creation kit AFTER I flagged the esp as an esl using xedit. That one change gave me a bad form id. (Or an un-compacted form id?) I have several of what they call 'twinkle lights' scattered about the interior and I remember adding one more 'twinkle light' after flagging as an esl. 
My solution here was to
(1)unflag the esp. (2)Resave it without the esl flag. (3)Close xedit. (4)Reopen xedit. (5)Recompact the form id's and reflag the plugin as esl.
That eliminated the error in xedit and TexGen fired up and is running proper. I'll come back if there's anything else worth reporting, or if you have any questions about my ramblings. Have a great one you holy cow you! Thanks for the help!

50 minutes ago, fattyzhouse said:

Found it. TexGen fired up and is running as it should. The xedit log messages pointed me right to it. I think I realize now how I messed up. I had made one single change to the Ayleid Aquarium plugin using the creation kit AFTER I flagged the esp as an esl using xedit. That one change gave me a bad form id. (Or an un-compacted form id?) I have several of what they call 'twinkle lights' scattered about the interior and I remember adding one more 'twinkle light' after flagging as an esl. 
My solution here was to
(1)unflag the esp. (2)Resave it without the esl flag. (3)Close xedit. (4)Reopen xedit. (5)Recompact the form id's and reflag the plugin as esl.
That eliminated the error in xedit and TexGen fired up and is running proper. I'll come back if there's anything else worth reporting, or if you have any questions about my ramblings. Have a great one you holy cow you! Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah, CK is the one that ignores the ESL flag when editing plugins, meaning it happily creates new form IDs outside the allowed limits.

Odd that this resulted in an assertion error and not the invalid object ID error message.

4 hours ago, Vernon said:

LODGenx64.exe randomly stops using CPU, even with antivirus turned off. It uses all of my RAM but has CPU usage at 0%

See if using the LODGenThreadSplit setting explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen#Out-of-Memory helps.

If problem persists, set verbose=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.INI, run and then upload LODGen log and DynDOLOD log, debug as explained on the first post.

Heya! I've been running into an issue with the latest alpha where the snow shader isn't appearing on snowy rock/mountain LOD meshes; mountains far across the map look fine, but around the LOD4-8 range they seem to lose the shader.

Thought it might've been something with my majestic mountains/snow setup, but I'm running into the same thing generating LODs on a fresh MO2 profile- not sure if something else in my install might be causing it. Here's the logs: https://ufile.io/wco3q129

image.thumb.png.986b4f35af119020c5a4893df7fbb6dd.png

Updated from previous build od DynDOLOD3 to Alpha 83 build causes a "Windows can not access the specified device, path or file" window. 
Restoring the previous D3 build however works like a charm. 
Permissions are set to me and the application and its folder is accepted to antivirus and ransomware whitelist.
That's all i wanted to report.

7 hours ago, capticetrice said:

Updated from previous build od DynDOLOD3 to Alpha 83 build causes a "Windows can not access the specified device, path or file" window. 
Restoring the previous D3 build however works like a charm. 
Permissions are set to me and the application and its folder is accepted to antivirus and ransomware whitelist.
That's all i wanted to report.

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload when making reports.
If no such logs exists check the Windows Event log.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or-file-error-when-you-try-to-install-update-or-start-a-program-or-file-46361133-47ed-6967-c13e-e75d3cc29657

It is unclear when and how this message appears. Such file access issues directly from the OS itself are typically unrelated to the simple program itself.

11 hours ago, MysticElodie said:

Heya! I've been running into an issue with the latest alpha where the snow shader isn't appearing on snowy rock/mountain LOD meshes; mountains far across the map look fine, but around the LOD4-8 range they seem to lose the shader.

Thought it might've been something with my majestic mountains/snow setup, but I'm running into the same thing generating LODs on a fresh MO2 profile- not sure if something else in my install might be causing it. Here's the logs: https://ufile.io/wco3q129

image.thumb.png.986b4f35af119020c5a4893df7fbb6dd.png

Open Tamriel.4.-4.-12.bto, Tamriel.8.-8.-16.bto and Tamriel.16.-16.-16.bto in ..\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.16.-16.0.bto in NifSkope.

Click on the Bleak Falls Barrow arcs to open its BSSubIndexTriShape in the Block List to check that their name contains "snow", for example objSnow-LargeRef or objSnow for the higher LOD Levels.

If they do, check which plugin is the last to change the Snow LOD Shaders https://dyndolod.info/Help/Snow-Ash-LOD-Shader, though based on the logs there probably aren't any.

24 minutes ago, MysticElodie said:

Looks like the meshes do have objSnow (or a variation) at all three levels, and nothing past the official plugins is overriding either snow shader on this profile.

image.thumb.png.a8d5e76c60ca21aa7c05f6fdfda81144.png  image.thumb.png.f05fe157cce24e231f51fd8d25489e2e.png

You should have the same problem with vanilla LOD meshes then?

Test with default INIs.

If that all works, upload the mentioned BTO files from the output.