DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

You need to find that out for yourself. Every PC environment is more-or-less unique.

SSE Display Tweaks is the best GFX & Havok-fixing mod I know of, so you should be using it. What I'm saying is that it has several key settings that can fix the wild frame-rate and lagging issues that more modern systems can experience running Skyrim. I had the same sorts of issues, and my PC is pretty beefy. Turned out it was related to how I was capping my frame rates and using vsync. The game config files, driver-soft settings, and any number of mods can redundantly set these things and 'break' them (e.g., ENB, grass mods, SKSE mods, etc.). SSE Display Tweaks helped me to resolve them. Read through the settings and look at SwapEffect setting. I have it at 'auto' now, but flip_sequential also worked for me.

Set your INI according to the recommendations I linked, and carefully read through the SSE Display Tweaks settings. Don't invoke a bunch of your driver-soft settings just because they seem 'good'. Skyrim is not a modern game and cannot benefit from much of that. More is not better. Rule out all of the potential factors disrupting your game by making things solid and stable BEFORE you begin generating LOD. Get vanilla running perfectly before you begin installing a bunch of mods. Then begin by installing only foundational mods, extenders, and fixes. Test along the way.

Otherwise, it becomes very difficult to pin down your issues. I recommend disabling all LOD mods and getting your general config and mod list in order. You should also NOT be using an ENB until base game, mod list, and LOD are all working properly. It's an iterative process.

Thank you for the insight, but no you were right the first time. I followed your DynDOLOD settings and it runs smooth as butter. SSE Display Tweaks is not the problem after all.

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

Looks like  you have a mod that contains wild edits. Do they actually have LOD that goes away with tll?

I tried loading SSE just using USSEP and alternative start, the mountains were not there so yes it's most likely wild edits. It's at 0,99 cell and if I look for it's coordinate on SSEEDIT, it says cell not found.

How do I pinpoint which mod does this though? I mean yes, I know the "hard" way. No easier way?

1 hour ago, gmahadhika91 said:

I tried loading SSE just using USSEP and alternative start, the mountains were not there so yes it's most likely wild edits. It's at 0,99 cell and if I look for it's coordinate on SSEEDIT, it says cell not found.

How do I pinpoint which mod does this though? I mean yes, I know the "hard" way. No easier way?

You could check the objects bounds of the worldspace records for Tamriel and all worldspaces  that use it for LOD/SkyCell if there is a plugin that changes NAM9 - Max Y. 

None of them come close to 99 with their vanilla values AFAIK.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

You could check the objects bounds of the worldspace records for Tamriel and all worldspaces  that use it for LOD/SkyCell if there is a plugin that changes NAM9 - Max Y. 

None of them come close to 99 with their vanilla values AFAIK.

This is becoming a nightmare to troubleshoot because apparently these mountain objects don't show unless starting from a new game. Any ideas how to pinpoint what mod causes this?

This is becoming a nightmare to troubleshoot because apparently these mountain objects don't show unless starting from a new game. Any ideas how to pinpoint what mod causes this?

Not sure what else you expect here. By this time you would have already found it by doing a binary search enabling/disabling plugins.

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

Not sure what else you expect here. By this time you would have already found it by doing a binary search enabling/disabling plugins.

Phew, I found it, it's this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/37891?tab=description

Now I'm not sure how to fix it. Or that I shouldn't use it at all.

35 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Phew, I found it, it's this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/37891?tab=description

Object Bounds NAM9 - Max Y of 141. Way more than the vanilla 51
They seem to be intentional. You can easily find the references by drilling down the Blocks/Sub-Blocks with high y numbers. E.g. Block 0,4 and Block -1,3 and you find they are added to cell -6,102 -2,97 and 8,140

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

Object Bounds NAM9 - Max Y of 141. Way more than the vanilla 51
They seem to be intentional. You can easily find the references by drilling down the Blocks/Sub-Blocks with high y numbers. E.g. Block 0,4 and Block -1,3 and you find they are added to cell -6,102 -2,97 and 8,140

Well if that is intentional and causes visible disruption to my LOD maybe I shouldn't use it after all. Unless the author acknowledge it as a bug and fixes it.

Say, the mod Warzones adds a testing ground named Mt. Pain just North East of Windhelm. Will it have its LOD generated by DynDOLOD by default or should I add any custom rule?
http://warzones.skyrim.modunion.com/451/

Edited by gmahadhika91

16 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Well if that is intentional and causes visible disruption to my LOD maybe I shouldn't use it after all. Unless the author acknowledge it as a bug and fixes it.

Say, the mod Warzones adds a testing ground named Mt. Pain just North East of Windhelm. Will it have its LOD generated by DynDOLOD by default or should I add any custom rule?
http://warzones.skyrim.modunion.com/451/

If there is a LOD model that matches the full model or a LOD model is defined on the base record, then DynDOLOD generates LOD for the reference using that base record. As it does since half a decade. If something doesn't have LOD as expected, then make a post about it.

15 minutes ago, RulerOfWorlds said:

Hello Sheson, quick question:

After adding the object bounds to a grass mod do you have to run the grass precache again?

You should be asking question related to the No Grass In Objects plugin on its comment section. AFAIK bounds do not affect the generated grass positions, though.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

You should be asking question related to the No Grass In Objects plugin on its comment section. AFAIK bounds do not affect the generated grass positions, though.

I ask here because Dyndolod needs the Object bounds to generate grass LOD as seen in the trouble shooting of your second post: 

Troubleshooting

Not all grass types have LOD / grass LOD billboards

• Check TexGen generates grass LOD billboards for all desired grass types. Plugins from mods often forget to set object bounds on base records, which filters them out from automatic grass/tree LOD billboard generation. See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html for more details.

Matter not, I tested it and it seems to be fine. 

20 minutes ago, RulerOfWorlds said:

I ask here because Dyndolod needs the Object bounds to generate grass LOD as seen in the trouble shooting of your second post: 

Matter not, I tested it and it seems to be fine. 

TexGen uses the bounds to determine if a grass model should have a billboard generated automatically as is explained in the manual. There is also an alternative option to force generation of grass/tree billboards explained in the manual.

The grass cache is generated by No Grass in Objects and its generation or what settings might influence it has nothing to do with TexGen/DynDOLOD.

15 hours ago, gmahadhika91 said:

I'm sorry, this mod works fine, it was a false positive. The real culprit turns out to be Skyrim 2021 modding guide: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40407

Its custom patch contains many .bto files. I take it I shouldn't use any .bto files unless they're generated from DynDOLOD based off of my load order, should I?

I'm sorry, this mod works fine, it was a false positive. The real culprit turns out to be Skyrim 2021 modding guide: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40407

Its custom patch contains many .bto files. I take it I shouldn't use any .bto files unless they're generated from DynDOLOD based off of my load order, should I?

The Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch does add mountains far up north in the cells, though.

LOD only works and looks correctly for the load it was generated for. Pre-made LODs are always wrong and nobody should be using them. They are just a waste of time, especially for the users.

As explained in the manual, TexGen/DynDOLOD output always needs to overwrite everything. If there are pre-made LOD files in the load order for coordinates for which there is no data in the current plugins, then no new files will be generated to overwrite them and the engine will load and show those files obviously.

The author of that mod list does not understand how LOD works.

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

The Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch does add mountains far up north in the cells, though.

LOD only works and looks correctly for the load it was generated for. Pre-made LODs are always wrong and nobody should be using them. They are just a waste of time, especially for the users.

As explained in the manual, TexGen/DynDOLOD output always needs to overwrite everything. If there are pre-made LOD files in the load order for coordinates for which there is no data in the current plugins, then no new files will be generated to overwrite them and the engine will load and show those files obviously.

The author of that mod list does not understand how LOD works.

Hmm is that so. Then maybe the problem with imrpoved mountain LOD and Z fight will only show once I've generated DynDOLOD again?