DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

17 minutes ago, speaker said:

Hey, so I have a fairly low-end laptop compared to you guys (8GB RAM being the most relevant spec to my issue). With 3.0, I keep running into the "Out of memory" error within 4-5 minutes of running Texgen. If I have Chrome open at the same time, the error shows up within a minute. Never had this issue with 2.xx even with a whole bunch of apps running at the same time.

I understand if this is totally expected, but just wanted to check if there's anything I can try before figuring out if I can afford a new PC?

Read the first post again what log files to post.

How is this supposedly totally expected when running TexGen? Use the x64 version. Close other programs, especially known memory hogs like Chrome, obviously. Ensure page files / virtual memory settings of the OS are default.

Ok, so Ive run into a problem:

Im getting the "Lod Billboards not found"-message which is weird since I haven't changed a single mod since my last LOD-generation when everything worked just fine (Alpha 30)... I've successfully completed Textgen three times now with no errors so I have no idea whats going on... I've also read the helptext regarding this but it doesnt make me much wiser Im afraid... Any advice would be much appriciated.

https://imgur.com/a/AP1Qptd

"In case of the warning message "Tree LOD billboard not found", check the message window for the full path of the missing tree LOD billboard *.DDS texture and the FormID of the base record. "

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

Ok, so Ive run into a problem:

Im getting the "Lod Billboards not found"-message which is weird since I haven't changed a single mod since my last LOD-generation when everything worked just fine (Alpha 30)... I've successfully completed Textgen three times now with no errors so I have no idea whats going on... I've also read the helptext regarding this but it doesnt make me much wiser Im afraid... Any advice would be much appriciated.

https://imgur.com/a/AP1Qptd

"In case of the warning message "Tree LOD billboard not found", check the message window for the full path of the missing tree LOD billboard *.DDS texture and the FormID of the base record. "

Instead of posting screenshots of text, copy the message to the clip board and paste it. Paste/upload the log too if necessary.

When TexGen generates billboards it write a file with the list of billboards to ..\Textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Tree_Billboards.txt 
DynDOLOD uses this list to check if the billboard files are available in  the load order.

Obviously make sure there were no errors when generated billboards with TexGen.

BTW, replace the long superseded culling glitch fix by generating Occlusion with xLODgen or DynDOLOD.

Thanks for info, here are the Texgen logs and Dyndolod message (let me know if you need anything else; and yeah I will replace the culling glitch fix by generating Occlusion)

Texgen log and debug:

https://easyupload.io/m/9re1ek

Dyndolod log and debug:
https://easyupload.io/m/st1qjv

Dyndolod message:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
LOD billboard(s) not found.

[Content]
Check the log for the indiviual warning messages. 
Generate LOD billboards with TexGen first.

Help for this message

[Ignore] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Edited by TheDude

53 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Thanks for info, here are the Texgen logs and Dyndolod message (let me know if you need anything else; and yeah I will replace the culling glitch fix by generating Occlusion)

Texgen log and debug:

https://easyupload.io/m/9re1ek

Dyndolod log and debug:
https://easyupload.io/m/st1qjv

Dyndolod message:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
LOD billboard(s) not found.

[Content]
Check the log for the indiviual warning messages. 
Generate LOD billboards with TexGen first.

Help for this message

[Ignore] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

BTW c:\users is a special windows folder.

Obviously, check if the billboard dds and txt exist in the load order.

If not, then double check why the ..\Textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_SSE_Tree_Billboards.txt  does not exist in the TexGen output or contains billboards that are not part of the TexGen generation.

Are you sure the plugins from the tree mods are still active and the load order did not change between running TexGen and then DynDOLOD?

Wow, I actually fixed it (I think): Vortex probably did a few changes in my LO since my last LOD-generation (with Alpha 30) and that seems to have messed up the billboards.txt-file which wasnt created after my first two tries with Alpha 33. After I manually corrected the LO the billboards.txt is finally created and Dyndolod shows no warnings whatsoever. The txt looks good too, no errors or missing billboards:

https://easyupload.io/nchdbh

Oh yeah, sorry, but are you saying that a subfolder in C:Users/"My_username"/... is not a good place to generate lod in? I wasnt aware that my "userfolder" (where I keep my docs, images and certain mods etc) counts as a "windows-folder"? I mean its not like its installed in the Program Files (x86) or System32 or anything like that... But , I can change the installation folder to another HDD/partition for future generation, no problem at all.

Edit: Yep, everything (incl freshly generated occlusion) works perfect now! Oh, and no more floating light bulbs in Markath, sweet! Thanks again for your support and sorry for any inconvenience. Cheers!

Edited by TheDude

8 hours ago, TheDude said:

Wow, I actually fixed it (I think): Vortex probably did a few changes in my LO since my last LOD-generation (with Alpha 30) and that seems to have messed up the billboards.txt-file which wasnt created after my first two tries with Alpha 33. After I manually corrected the LO the billboards.txt is finally created and Dyndolod shows no warnings whatsoever. The txt looks good too, no errors or missing billboards:

Oh yeah, sorry, but are you saying that a subfolder in C:Users/"My_username"/... is not a good place to generate lod in? I wasnt aware that my "userfolder" (where I keep my docs, images and certain mods etc) counts as a "windows-folder"? I mean its not like its installed in the Program Files (x86) or System32 or anything like that... But , I can change the installation folder to another HDD/partition for future generation, no problem at all.

Edit: Yep, everything (incl freshly generated occlusion) works perfect now! Oh, and no more floating light bulbs in Markath, sweet! Thanks again for your support and sorry for any inconvenience. Cheers!

Great. 

C:\user is a Windows folder and as such might have stricter security or permissions. If things work, no need to move anything.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:57 PM, TheDude said:

Curious as to what exactly was wrong with your load order.  Vortex really should have nothing to do with it.  This might help others if they knew exactly what you fixed.  Thansk.

I think (but Im absolutely NOT certain) that the error-message was generated when Vortex (by default) let SFO overwrite Myrkvior in my LO...
When I corrected this (manually) everything (I think) worked as intended: https://imgur.com/a/qg08iYA

Also, there are a a few posts on the Myrkvior-page which perhaps could give more info: 
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28406?tab=posts

One thread, userpost;
"Going through the DynDolod install process now, and it choked on something. Think I may need a different version of Flora Overhaul. >.>"

Another thread, MA-post:
"and disable SFO - Myrkvior already contains SFO.."

And, since I wasn't aware of that Myrkvior already included SFO that might also have had something to do with it... The combo and LO of SFO and Myrkvior that is...

But again, Im only guessing here, can't say for sure Im afraid... sorry. At least everythings working now and thats all I can ask for. 

Edited by TheDude

New user here.  Tried installing dyn3 because it looked simpler than the older version!  I really hate pop-in and this seemed like the right solution.

I thought I did all the steps in the right order, with some advice from enoughbutter who has it all working;  but I still have trees and rock textures popping in.  Also SVR won't stay up for more than 10-12 minutes now, crashes to black screen of death and PC requires a power cycle.  Whether this is really related to Dyn3 I am not sure, as I upgraded my AMD driver (5700XT) recently.

So my questions: 

can I disable Dyn3 using Vortex, does that take it out of the picture so I can be sure it's not affecting gameplay?

is dyn3 known for causing blackscreen total death crashes (not CTD but complete hang requiring power cycle to recover)?

what would cause popins to continue even with Dyn3 installed and enabled?

is there a debug log somewhere that I can read and either understand, or submit here for interpretation?

what other info can I offer about my setup that would help to narrow down the problem?

(sigh) all I wanted was not to have trees popping in at me, and now I seem to have broken my game pretty badly...

SteamVR, VirtualDesktop, Oculus Quest 2.  Game has been running great (reliable, fast, and fun) until now.

Load order and plugins attached.  Sure hope I can dig my way back out of this...

loadorder.txt plugins.txt

2 hours ago, Tazling said:

New user here.  Tried installing dyn3 because it looked simpler than the older version!  I really hate pop-in and this seemed like the right solution.

I thought I did all the steps in the right order, with some advice from enoughbutter who has it all working;  but I still have trees and rock textures popping in.  Also SVR won't stay up for more than 10-12 minutes now, crashes to black screen of death and PC requires a power cycle.  Whether this is really related to Dyn3 I am not sure, as I upgraded my AMD driver (5700XT) recently.

So my questions: 

can I disable Dyn3 using Vortex, does that take it out of the picture so I can be sure it's not affecting gameplay?

is dyn3 known for causing blackscreen total death crashes (not CTD but complete hang requiring power cycle to recover)?

what would cause popins to continue even with Dyn3 installed and enabled?

is there a debug log somewhere that I can read and either understand, or submit here for interpretation?

what other info can I offer about my setup that would help to narrow down the problem?

(sigh) all I wanted was not to have trees popping in at me, and now I seem to have broken my game pretty badly...

SteamVR, VirtualDesktop, Oculus Quest 2.  Game has been running great (reliable, fast, and fun) until now.

Load order and plugins attached.  Sure hope I can dig my way back out of this...

loadorder.txt 1.15 kB · 0 downloads plugins.txt 1.12 kB · 0 downloads

DynDOLOD 3 is an alpha version for testing. Read the first post.

PC/OS freezing or BSOD is a hardware, BIOS setting, OS or driver problem.

DynDOLOD can not break games. Simply remove or disable the output from the load order. The LOD mod generated by DynDOLOD is a very simple and straight forward mod, which is mostly meshes and textures and some placed references and base records in the plugins. I guess, if disabling/deleting a mod in a mod manager really  disables/deletes the mod depends in the used mod manager. Use a real mod manager like MO2.

DynDOLOD does not directly cause CTD or blackscreen. Problems are caused by 3rd party mods/assets used for LOD or the engine exceeding resource limits or users not paying attention to log messages or warnings.
Read the DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD and the DynDOLOD-README.txt how to troubleshoot.

If things appear from thin air, it typically means there is no LOD model for them and no rules to use the full model as a substitute.