DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Hi. Sheson.  Waterwheel man here.  I ran dyndolod 3 with latest versions of NG alpha 2, resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Ran with basic settings on texgen and same with dyndolod.  Only selected areas and high setting, nothing advanced.  Also ran with what I normally choose in advanced settings and same thing, no water wheels in both instances.  Then I ran it with old method...2.82.4, dll skse64 plugin for 1.5.97, but did use latest versions of resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Water wheels were there in each instance.  So something with NG is causing water wheels to not show up, at least in my game.  Both NG alpha 1 and 2.  The 2.82.4 and the 1.5.97 combo works.  For dyndolod, the only difference between the combo versus NG is the large reference box to click on.  That is the only setting or box I didn't use because its not an option with old method.  Other than that, I chose the same settings and options.  I looked thru large references, but only saw references for Ivarstead and Mixwater Mill.  I included large references log.  I could be wrong, but since one of the biggest changes I see is the large references box being added, I kind of believe that's the issue.  Just not sure why though.   I ran old method a few times and water wheels were there in all instances.  Not sure if there is a way to use sseedit to clean those files listed.  Than try NG again.  Any suggestion would be helpful.  Thank you

large references.txt

5 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Hi. Sheson.  Waterwheel man here.  I ran dyndolod 3 with latest versions of NG alpha 2, resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Ran with basic settings on texgen and same with dyndolod.  Only selected areas and high setting, nothing advanced.  Also ran with what I normally choose in advanced settings and same thing, no water wheels in both instances.  Then I ran it with old method...2.82.4, dll skse64 plugin for 1.5.97, but did use latest versions of resources alpha 30 and dyndolod alpha 111.  Water wheels were there in each instance.  So something with NG is causing water wheels to not show up, at least in my game.  Both NG alpha 1 and 2.  The 2.82.4 and the 1.5.97 combo works.  For dyndolod, the only difference between the combo versus NG is the large reference box to click on.  That is the only setting or box I didn't use because its not an option with old method.  Other than that, I chose the same settings and options.  I looked thru large references, but only saw references for Ivarstead and Mixwater Mill.  I included large references log.  I could be wrong, but since one of the biggest changes I see is the large references box being added, I kind of believe that's the issue.  Just not sure why though.   I ran old method a few times and water wheels were there in all instances.  Not sure if there is a way to use sseedit to clean those files listed.  Than try NG again.  Any suggestion would be helpful.  Thank you

large references.txt 230.88 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. Use a file or text service as explained on the first post or my signature.

Post a screenshot of one of the waterwheels selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Obviously make the screenshot while the waterwheel is visible before generating LOD.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Upload the log/debug log of this test version https://mega.nz/file/JAx1WQZC#NRTxgG9vcm1VDrXNNz7a-rTSOB-u90LKIWY6fZNp_Wk

Then add CPUMipMaps=1 to the DynDOLOD INI. It should run through no matter what. It is to double check that it is indeed a problem that happens when loading the textures to the GPU and not something earlier in the process.

I just woke up and seen your message, i am going to do that now.

Run 1 nothing added to the .ini file: When getting to the files it was getting stuck on before it maxes out the CPU but goes back down right after getting done with them, so any time it makes a Glow,dds file. This time it got to creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_DLC01SoulCairn_Glow.dds 256 x 256 then got stuck with 2 processes going, one as a background processes, the one under app is shown here with memory staying the same and CPU going from a low 21% to around 30% 

97b1985bb38f50702539aba479486dd6.png

And the one in the background staying around 30% with also no change in the memory.

60b0951a9c2ce0133ec4f67bb02b7bd2.png

Here is the log of run 1> https://ufile.io/f/fqig7

Going to go do the .ini edit you said to do then run again.

Edited by Rozen
Website Error and put the post up for me.

3 hours ago, Rozen said:

Run 2 with .ini edit: it never maxed out the cpu and got stuck at creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 1024, also when it got stuck there was no background processes running just the main one and stayed around 15% to 20% for CPU and the memory stayed the same.

ed3b13e6fb5a3c91b92f519e7830291e.png

Here are the logs for run 2> https://ufile.io/f/obzk5

Both set of logs seem to be generated with CPUMipMaps=0. You can check the debug log for it
[DynDOLODGenerate] <Debug: CPUMipMaps: False>

Do the same 2 runs with this test version please https://mega.nz/file/wdgxmBDK#8luUkdxfC2upce7EYnHEPxsPHcKBFa4c33VE7SOu9Cs and upload the log/debug log

12 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

Here are the screenshots per request.  I took 2 pics of Riverwood mill and 2 of Half-Moon mill.  Hope this helps.  No texgen or dyndolod outputs installed.

20230129125533_1.jpg

20230129125609_1.jpg

20230129125744_1.jpg

20230129125806_1.jpg

Now generate DynDOLOD with the large reference bugs workarounds enabled for that load order. Install the output and start a new game, for example with coc Riverwood from the main menu. Wait for the DynDOLOD initialized successfully message top left, then if things work or not.

If there is an issue, post the log and debug log from that generation.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Both set of logs seem to be generated with CPUMipMaps=0. You can check the debug log for it
[DynDOLODGenerate] <Debug: CPUMipMaps: False>

Do the same 2 runs with this test version please https://mega.nz/file/wdgxmBDK#8luUkdxfC2upce7EYnHEPxsPHcKBFa4c33VE7SOu9Cs and upload the log/debug log

I am doing a run now without changes to the .ini file and with the new .exe, I added the CPUMipMaps=1 to the .ini file like you said too so I don't know why it would not work.

Edit: Just to add i did look for other things running from it and there was none.

Edited by Rozen

Here are the settings I am running on and the .ini file.

5f1e01c5ed2b11ed45f3ec76fa66a218.png

6c172d0e3eeba5c87d5330c5243bc687.png

Run 1: No changes to the .ini file log> https://ufile.io/f/z2p09

This run got all the way through, also please let me know if that is the right .ini file or if you meant the SSE one before I do run 2.

8 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

Debug log is too large.  Is there a section I can copy and paste?  Its 165,502 kb.

Use this website> Ufile.io - Upload files for free & share them without registration

27 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

Debug log is too large.  Is there a section I can copy and paste?  Its 165,502 kb.

As explained on the first post or my signature, use a file service. As explained on the first post, consider zipping large and/or many files into a single archive.

22 minutes ago, Rozen said:

Run 1: No changes to the .ini file log> https://ufile.io/f/z2p09

This run got all the way through, also please let me know if that is the right .ini file or if you meant the SSE one before I do run 2.

Use this website> Ufile.io - Upload files for free & share them without registration

Might be a fluke it got through, like the other time.

CPUMipmaps=1 goes into DynDOLOD_SSE.INI - same as for the other settings.

4 minutes ago, sheson said:

Might be a fluke it got through, like the other time.

CPUMipmaps=1 goes into DynDOLOD_SSE.INI - same as for the other settings.

Okay thank you for letting me know, want me to move to the .ini change or do one more without the .ini change to see what happens?