DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

17 minutes ago, Rozen said:

When testing it, it gave me this message Warning: Large reference bugs workarounds not checked! DynDOLOD.DLL NG and Scripts are installed, the generated DynDOLOD plugins will be the wrong version. so, I turned it on without downgrade fargrid references to neargrid on both runs.

Run 1 with UseMipmaps=0 it got to creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 1024 then stopped doing anything and I waited about 20 mins to see if it would keep going but didn't, it did not make a bugreport.txt but here are the logs that it did make> https://ufile.io/f/cixdk 

Run 2 with UseMipmaps=1 I deleted all the log files before starting this run like you said too and used the same texgen files, this time it got too creating texture atlas for SoulCairn_Glow.dds 256 x 256 and got stuck there, waited around 10 mins with no luck, still no bugreport.txt here are the logs for this run> https://ufile.io/f/lp1fk

As an added note I am using parallax texture on a lot of things, and I don't know if that would be an issue. 

Check with task manager if there are any Texconv64.exe processes DynDOLOD might be waiting for. If so, kill them to see if it continues. Do not install the game into Program Files x86 to avoid issue with UAC, antivir, etc.

Let me know either if there are Texconvx64.exe processes or not.  Also check if DynDOLOD uses any CPU when it is waiting for whatever it is waiting.

When it would happen, it would be using CPU about 10% to 15% and some ram, but no Texconv64.exe processes. also your program and skyrim is allowed through my windows security fully, i am doing a new test run, just asking before i do if you want i can add you on discord (if you have it and screen share with, might help pinpoint things down faster.

32 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check with task manager if there are any Texconv64.exe processes DynDOLOD might be waiting for. If so, kill them to see if it continues. Do not install the game into Program Files x86 to avoid issue with UAC, antivir, etc.

Let me know either if there are Texconvx64.exe processes or not.  Also check if DynDOLOD uses any CPU when it is waiting for whatever it is waiting.

24 minutes ago, Rozen said:

When it would happen, it would be using CPU about 10% to 15% and some ram, but no Texconv64.exe processes. also your program and skyrim is allowed through my windows security fully, i am doing a new test run, just asking before i do if you want i can add you on discord (if you have it and screen share with, might help pinpoint things down faster.

Tested again and it crashed. Had  UseMipmaps=1 and still the same texgen file, this the settings i am using

81785e79f2246ff9c806358d79fc5287.png

And it did not make a lot of logs before it crashed.

6f31c0b5bd879f910e312e2b0b8b2ef0.png

What logs of them would i need to send?

18 minutes ago, Rozen said:

Tested again and it crashed. Had  UseMipmaps=1 and still the same texgen file, this the settings i am using

And it did not make a lot of logs before it crashed.

What logs of them would i need to send?

See what happens with this test version https://mega.nz/file/YVZgwR5R#xTdlHDwwapksrxIj7Xv8lWGrs4YXhDTozrPrtHcWfxA.
Use default DynDOLOD INI settings. Clean log folder first. Upload the DynDOLOD log and debug and bugreport.txt if it exists.

6 minutes ago, sheson said:

See what happens with this test version https://mega.nz/file/YVZgwR5R#xTdlHDwwapksrxIj7Xv8lWGrs4YXhDTozrPrtHcWfxA.
Use default DynDOLOD INI settings. Clean log folder first. Upload the DynDOLOD log and debug and bugreport.txt if it exists.

I will test that as soon as my test to see if it was me trying to use it as a tool in vortex and it seems to be working with UseMipmaps=1

Edited by Rozen
Fixing miss spelling

22 minutes ago, Rozen said:

It worked that time without using as a tool through vortex, here are the logs might help pinpoint it if it is that making it crash and get stuck> https://ufile.io/f/9bzeh

Why i think it is that is the main program when using it through vortex would put it under the vortex process and making it not run as intended.

DynDOLOD works the same regardless of what program is starting it. In particular, other than actual error messages reported back by the OS file functions, it will not know about the underlying processes. Maybe the required access rights or exceptions are not inherited properly. That would be an issue out of the control of DynDOLOD.

Could also be just a fluke that it ran through once without error. 

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD works the same regardless of what program is starting it. In particular, other than actual error messages reported back by the OS file functions, it will not know about the underlying particulars.

ah okay, I was just pointing that out sense before it was ether crashing or getting stuck every time until i ran it without using it through vortex, i am testing the new one you sent right now and made sure the .ini file does not have any extras added to it.

Ran version 108 with NG 1.  Same thing.  No water wheels.  Went to 3 or 4 other locations and there wasn't a water wheel there either.  Just the splashes as if it was there.  Again, can walk thru it so its not actually there.  Hitting command prompts doesn't help since it's not there.  Keep getting fxrapids.nif cos its water there.  I deselected terrain underside, "Large" and under rules...used defaults on "Tree" and "\".  No difference.  I would like to include logs for both dyndolod and texgen, but they say file too large.  Which makes sense as I use a lot of mods.  Is there something I can look for in the logs that I can just copy those parts and add here?  Again when I use normal setup or add texgen, they are there.  When I run dyndolod, they are not.  Not sure how long this has been going on.  Like what version of dyndolod caused it to do this.  I did clean uninstall, so there isn't any left over stuff.  Using Vortex with 1.5.97.

Curious if this is happening with anyone else.

Edited by Kansas72

43 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

Ran version 108 with NG 1.  Same thing.

Hitting command prompts doesn't help since it's not there.  Keep getting fxrapids.nif cos its water there.

I would like to include logs for both dyndolod and texgen, but they say file too large. 

As explained on the first post, always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

Make and post a screenshot of the waterwheel selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Obviously make that screenshot when the waterwheel is visible, so you can click it with console open.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts. As explained on the first post or my signature, use a file or text service. As explained on the first post, consider zipping large and/or many files into a single archive.

Tested it without running it through vortex and got stuck at creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 1024 again then tested again without running it through vortex and it got stuck at the same spot.

Here is the log> https://ufile.io/f/a6weg

And here is what it was doing in task manager, i looked and there was nothing else from it running just the one in the pic.

c21b24b6bb255e2f338c1857da9d3455.png

Thank you Sheson.  I did run on the later versions and that's when I first noticed the issue.  I went back to earlier versions, like 108 and ng 1 to see if same thing happened.  I was trying to see when It first started, so I could let you know.  That way you could see whatever was added to newer versions was causing this weird issue.  I will re-run with newest versions again, but water wheels won't show up.  Is there a part of log I could add to this forum, since it appears the whole log is too big.  I thought about disabling mods and re-running dyndolod that way.  I really love the way dyndolod looks in game, so I want to find the answer.  I think it's amazing what you are doing. 

37 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

I went back to earlier versions, like 108 and ng 1 to see if same thing happened.

I will re-run with newest versions again, but water wheels won't show up.

Is there a part of log I could add to this forum, since it appears the whole log is too big.

As explained on the first post, always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

Make and post a screenshot of the waterwheel selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Obviously make that screenshot without DynDOLOD active when the waterwheel is visible, so it can be seen and clicked with console open.

Read the first post which log (truncate to the last meaningful session) and which entire debug log to upload when making posts. As explained on the first post or my signature, use a file or text service. As explained on the first post, consider zipping large and/or many files into a single archive.

1 hour ago, Rozen said:

Tested it without running it through vortex and got stuck at creating texture atlas for DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 1024 again then tested again without running it through vortex and it got stuck at the same spot.

Here is the log> https://ufile.io/f/a6weg

And here is what it was doing in task manager, i looked and there was nothing else from it running just the one in the pic.

c21b24b6bb255e2f338c1857da9d3455.png

Upload the log/debug log of this test version https://mega.nz/file/JAx1WQZC#NRTxgG9vcm1VDrXNNz7a-rTSOB-u90LKIWY6fZNp_Wk

Then add CPUMipMaps=1 to the DynDOLOD INI. It should run through no matter what. It is to double check that it is indeed a problem that happens when loading the textures to the GPU and not something earlier in the process.