DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, wasilee said:

hey can i get some help please on the DynDOLOD advanced setting the grass lod select box is grayed out and its saying its found 0 grass cache files when i hover over the box.

You need to generate a grass cache with NGIO first. See the second post. You can also look at this Grass LOD Guide. Be aware that if you are on AE, it will be very difficult to generate the necessary grass cache.

7 hours ago, matashina said:

Hi, it looks like the .NET Script Framework, which is a requirement for DynDOLOD grass LOD via No Grass in Objects, will not be receiving an update for AE. Is the right thing to do now as an end user who isn't interested in downgrading to continue to use DynDOLOD without grass?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, wasilee said:

hey can i get some help please on the DynDOLOD advanced setting the grass lod select box is grayed out and its saying its found 0 grass cache files when i hover over the box.

If there are no NGIO grass cache files then the optional grass LOD can not be generated.

I have a really strange issue with TexGen, to be more precise, Texconvx64. For some texture generating is too slow, both in TexGen and DynDOLOD. I'm using alpha 65, but have same issue with 63rd and 58th alpha. Why I think it's an issue? Because it used to take 30-40 minutes at max for TexGen and 25-30 minutes for DynDOLOD, now it's 1,5 hours or worse for TexGen and literally forever for DynDo. My hardware is i7-3770 non K, DDR3 8GB 1600 Mhz CL9, HDD SeaGate Barracuda and RX570. Here is a timings for reference 

unknown.png

24 minutes ago, Aezamki said:

I have a really strange issue with TexGen, to be more precise, Texconvx64. For some texture generating is too slow, both in TexGen and DynDOLOD. I'm using alpha 65, but have same issue with 63rd and 58th alpha. Why I think it's an issue? Because it used to take 30-40 minutes at max for TexGen and 25-30 minutes for DynDOLOD, now it's 1,5 hours or worse for TexGen and literally forever for DynDo. My hardware is i7-3770 non K, DDR3 8GB 1600 Mhz CL9, HDD SeaGate Barracuda and RX570. Here is a timings for reference 

unknown.png

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste/upload the text/log  instead as explained on the first post.

You either selected ridiculously too high resolution/settings or there is crapware running the background hindering normal operation.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-65/?do=findComment&comment=254612

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste/upload the text/log  instead as explained on the first post.

You either selected ridiculously too high resolution/settings or there is crapware running the background hindering normal operation.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-65/?do=findComment&comment=254612

OK, here is the log files from TexGen. I ran it with open mo2 and nothing else. Resolution was 256, a default one. No HD Trees and Grass cache.
And I'll gonna try install only drivers.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

49 minutes ago, sheson said:

36 minutes ago, Aezamki said:

OK, here is the log files from TexGen. I ran it with open mo2 and nothing else. Resolution was 256, a default one. No HD Trees and Grass cache.
And I'll gonna try install only drivers.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 142.88 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.5 MB · 0 downloads

I deinstalled crapware and it worked! Thank you for a reply sheson.

10 hours ago, Admiral30 said:

I have pretty nasty lod transition z-fighting in certain cities.

https://streamable.com/8ge5vn

The only thing I really changed was 3D Trees to HLT, but its definitely not source of the problem. Dyndolod always worked fine for me so its also not an issue. Then what is?
I use JK Skyrim but it was never an issue.

From the https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

Object LOD model and full model show at the same time causing texture flicker

Known as large reference engine bug in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR that happens just outside the active exterior cells in the uLargeRefLODGridSize area.

Move the slider Large Object Distance on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the games launcher to the very left. Alternatively set [General] uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. If this does not affect the issue see the answers for Out of place or floating objects below.

DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works. When new cells attach, first it loads the full models, then unloads object LOD. For that brief time both models show and there can be texture flicker. The more things the game has to load when new cells attach and the more system resources are strained the longer it takes to load full models and to unload object LOD.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

From the https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

Object LOD model and full model show at the same time causing texture flicker

Known as large reference engine bug in Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR that happens just outside the active exterior cells in the uLargeRefLODGridSize area.

Move the slider Large Object Distance on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the games launcher to the very left. Alternatively set [General] uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. If this does not affect the issue see the answers for Out of place or floating objects below.

DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works. When new cells attach, first it loads the full models, then unloads object LOD. For that brief time both models show and there can be texture flicker. The more things the game has to load when new cells attach and the more system resources are strained the longer it takes to load full models and to unload object LOD.

It seems you are right. Changing uLargeRefLODGridSize does not fix the issue, but significantly reduces it. Source of the problem was Water for ENB - disabling it fixes the issue entirely.

59 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

It seems you are right. Changing uLargeRefLODGridSize does not fix the issue, but significantly reduces it. Source of the problem was Water for ENB - disabling it fixes the issue entirely.

The log message and Summary lists overwritten large references and other problematic records triggering these bugs with brief explanations and links to the website for the details including possible workarounds of the large reference bugs.

Checking the cell coordinates in the log messages should help finding the problematic records for this area and deal with them specifically.