DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

31 minutes ago, sheson said:

Use task manager to end Texconvx64.exe. Maybe reboot.

Make sure that OS, UAC, antivir is not interfering with DynDOLODx64.exe, TexGenx64.exe, Texconvx64.exe or LODGenx64.exe.

There is no such proccess in task manager, I tried rebooting numerous times.
Also DynDOLOD 2.98 works just fine, so I assume OS or UAC have nothing to do with it? MO2 is launched with Admin rights and I do not use any anti-virus.

Edited by Traevelliath

1 hour ago, Traevelliath said:

There is no such proccess in task manager, I tried rebooting numerous times.
Also DynDOLOD 2.98 works just fine, so I assume OS or UAC have nothing to do with it? MO2 is launched with Admin rights and I do not use any anti-virus.

If MO2 says it is waiting for X, it typically means that X is still active. It will at least mean the the virtual file system is still locked for that and anything else trying to use it probably has problems.

Windows Defender is an anti virus. 

DynDOLOD 2.x is a different program. Any comparison to it is irrelevant.

Check the Windows Event log for hints.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Use task manager to end Texconvx64.exe. Maybe reboot.

Make sure that OS, UAC, antivir is not interfering with DynDOLODx64.exe, TexGenx64.exe, Texconvx64.exe or LODGenx64.exe.

"Exception Message: Out of memory"

Use the x64 version.

OMG *facepalm* I am an idiot... Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Traevelliath said:

https://imgur.com/a/ribhLSC
It says this. Could you provide me with some pointers please?
Also I don't have windows defender on my PC.

Make sure to download the latest version and to unpack it into a new and empty folder. Do not overwrite or mix with older versions.

The tools use standard OS functions to access files and folders. Whatever happens beyond these functions is out of the control of programs.

Check the hints given by the event 1005 about disk problems and what to do about them.

If the disk has no errors etc. check MO2 virtual file system / log.

And again, UAC, antivir or any similar 3rd party programs that might control and interfere file access.

It may be caused while trying to read a specific texture (via Texconv). So it could be either C (temp folder) or D drive.

2 hours ago, Traevelliath said:

https://imgur.com/a/ribhLSC
It says this. Could you provide me with some pointers please?
Also I don't have windows defender on my PC.

If you are running Windows 10 (or even earlier versions, unless I'm mistaken), then you are running Windows Security in one form or another (Windows Defender handles the firewall in Win10+ and possibly earlier versions). Windows update can also change the state of native OS security apps. Regardless, you may want to see this topic best answers:

11 minutes ago, z929669 said:

If you are running Windows 10 (or even earlier versions, unless I'm mistaken), then you are running Windows Security in one form or another (Windows Defender handles the firewall in Win10+ and possibly earlier versions). Windows update can also change the state of native OS security apps. Regardless, you may want to see this topic best answers:

Thank you, I'll look into it.
However, I was able to successfully run DynDOLOD 3 in safe mode. That's something for me to move from.

When using Alpha-64, DynDOLOD removes a tower structure introduced by the mod Fortified Whiterun. Using identical load order and the same (latest) version of DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 and DynDOLOD DLL SE, but building the plugins with an older version ("DynDOLODx64.exe, Version: 3.0.0.0, Date: 2021-12-15 09:05:25", per the log), the tower structure is present as expected. In neither case does DynDOLOD produce any errors.

Using Alpha-64, the tower is not invisible; it is simply not present. The stairs that should be part of it can't be climbed, there's no collision where the walls should be, etc. Find attached screenshots showing the missing tower from Alpha-64, as well as data relating to the tower collected while running with the older version.

Forgive me if this report is missing key information; this is my first time reporting an issue with DynDOLOD and I'm not sure what all is useful. Just let me know what else you need and I will happily collect it. Thanks for your consideration!

missing-tower.jpg

missing-tower-interior.jpg

tower-details.jpg

26 minutes ago, jwisser said:

When using Alpha-64, DynDOLOD removes a tower structure introduced by the mod Fortified Whiterun. Using identical load order and the same (latest) version of DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 and DynDOLOD DLL SE, but building the plugins with an older version ("DynDOLODx64.exe, Version: 3.0.0.0, Date: 2021-12-15 09:05:25", per the log), the tower structure is present as expected. In neither case does DynDOLOD produce any errors.

Using Alpha-64, the tower is not invisible; it is simply not present. The stairs that should be part of it can't be climbed, there's no collision where the walls should be, etc. Find attached screenshots showing the missing tower from Alpha-64, as well as data relating to the tower collected while running with the older version.

Forgive me if this report is missing key information; this is my first time reporting an issue with DynDOLOD and I'm not sure what all is useful. Just let me know what else you need and I will happily collect it. Thanks for your consideration!

missing-tower.jpg

missing-tower-interior.jpg

tower-details.jpg

Post the logs as explained in the first post.

4 minutes ago, sheson said:

What is the last screenshot showing. Is that the building that goes missing?

Yes, that's the interior of the tower, having clicked on it to show info about it in the console. It's roughly the same shot as the second screenshot, but with the tower present rather than missing.

5 minutes ago, jwisser said:

Yes, that's the interior of the tower, having clicked on it to show info about it in the console. It's roughly the same shot as the second screenshot, but with the tower present rather than missing.

Post a reference form id of a building or structure that goes missing while everything is working as it should, e.g. before generating LOD.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

Post a reference form id of a building or structure that goes missing while everything is working as it should, e.g. before generating LOD.

Reference form ID without DynDOLOD active is 8600AA28. Attached is another shot of the same interior without DynDOLOD active, showing the reference form ID and the fact that the ref was last changed by WhiterunDefenses.esp (whereas in the previous screenshot it was last changed by DynDOLOD).

EDIT: I should also mention that I noticed the tower IS visible as LOD from inside the Whiterun worldspace. It's only the physical tower in the Tamriel worldspace that seems to go missing.

tower-interior-no-dyndolod.jpg

Edited by jwisser

5 minutes ago, jwisser said:

Reference form ID without DynDOLOD active is 8600AA28. Attached is another shot of the same interior without DynDOLOD active, showing the reference form ID and the fact that the ref was last changed by WhiterunDefenses.esp (whereas in the previous screenshot it was last changed by DynDOLOD).

tower-interior-no-dyndolod.jpg

Test with a new game.