DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, when it comes to water seams, can we use this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13963

Also, I have a Fix Waterflow script (if that's better) but I was wondering, which mod would be best to use and do I test it before or after running dyndolod? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5221

Finalize the load order before generating LOD.  LOD and plugins are generated for the current load order. If the load order changes afterwards and there are visual issue either generate LOD for the new current load order or you will have to resolve conflicts in plugins manually.

LOD generation does not change how full or LOD water looks.

Create (landscape, terrain, exterior and related base records) patches before generating the LOD patch.

Hi Sheson,

I am having problems using the latest versions of DynDOLOD 3.0 with Enderal VR.  I just updated to Alpha-49 and DynDOLOD 3.0 halts with the following error: 
"Record [REFR:00012FB4] in file SkyrimVR.esm is being overridden by record [NAVI:00012FB4] in file SkyrimVR.esm. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins."

I am assuming this happens because Enderal VR is repurposing the Tamriel worldspace record with MQP01Home, "Home, Sweet Home".  If I downgrade to DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-44, DynDOLOD 3.0 works perfectly fine.  Is there any solution to using Alpha-49 with Enderal VR?  I have also attached logs below, thank you!   

DynDOLOD_TES5VR_Debug_log.txt: https://ufile.io/bmvlrob4
DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt: https://ufile.io/vk0ly96l

Edited by Ashok0

17 hours ago, Ashok0 said:

Hi Sheson,

I am having problems using the latest versions of DynDOLOD 3.0 with Enderal VR.  I just updated to Alpha-49 and DynDOLOD 3.0 halts with the following error: 
"Record [REFR:00012FB4] in file SkyrimVR.esm is being overridden by record [NAVI:00012FB4] in file SkyrimVR.esm. These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed. Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins."

I am assuming this happens because Enderal VR is repurposing the Tamriel worldspace record with MQP01Home, "Home, Sweet Home".  If I downgrade to DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-44, DynDOLOD 3.0 works perfectly fine.  Is there any solution to using Alpha-49 with Enderal VR?  I have also attached logs below, thank you!   

DynDOLOD_TES5VR_Debug_log.txt: https://ufile.io/bmvlrob4
DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt: https://ufile.io/vk0ly96l

The fact that older DynDOLOD versions only print a message to the log for such errors means it was not working perfectly fine before and now it is.

The solution for such errors in the load order is to fix them. Mod authors should pay close attention to the log and error messages displayed in xEdit before releasing mods.

It seems that the already patched SkyrimVR.esm is not yet fully compatible with the Skyrim.esm from Enderal SE.

You can try to use xEdit to change the form ID of the NAVI to a unique ID so it doesn't overwrite the REFR anymore.
Though without looking into it more deeply, I do not know if there is a reason for the  NAVI to be injected into Skyrim.esm or if could just stay in SkyrimVR.esm or if it should actually be an overwrite.
Maybe it would be better to change the form ID of the REFR in order to keep the NAVI as is, but then you need to hope that there are no mods for Enderal making use of the particular reference. The best solution is probably letting the CK properly rebuild the NAVI record with the Skyrim.esm from Enderal and the SkyrimVR.esm being loaded.

7 hours ago, Yueviathan said:

I have a report, and before I say anything further. Thank you sheson for trying to help me for so long as I been struggling with this issue for well over a week straight, and days of just staying up all night trying to get this to work. In the end you was right sheson so I'm going to go in detail what was my issue, sadly give a warning for a certain mod, and list all that I did. Keep in my threw out all of this I been very sick and sleep deprived which wasn't helping me process information, my apologies for any difficulty in any of this...

Wow you sound just like me, when I find something wrong it just bugs me and I have to figure out how to fix it, and I'll get real moody until I get it fixed. Regarding anything map related, especially paper map mod: Since it comes last in your load order, you should disable it before running dyndolod. Basically anything that needs to come AFTER Dyndolod.esp and Occlusion.esp should be disabled before doing the normal routine of the SSELODGen/Dyndolod/Occlusion patching cycle. Then re-enable them.

The very best change that could possibly come in TES VI would be to allow single record leaf node changes without any of the parents in the hierarchy being counted in the plugin load order. That way just putting a book in a worldspace would have no effect on lighting, sound, etc. Even fields in a single record should somehow be modifiable without invalidating/overwriting the other fields within that record.

Edited by Glanzer

10 hours ago, Glanzer said:

Wow you sound just like me, when I find something wrong it just bugs me and I have to figure out how to fix it, and I'll get real moody until I get it fixed. Regarding anything map related, especially paper map mod: Since it comes last in your load order, you should disable it before running dyndolod. Basically anything that needs to come AFTER Dyndolod.esp and Occlusion.esp should be disabled before doing the normal routine of the SSELODGen/Dyndolod/Occlusion patching cycle. Then re-enable them.

The very best change that could possibly come in TES VI would be to allow single record leaf node changes without any of the parents in the hierarchy being counted in the plugin load order. That way just putting a book in a worldspace would have no effect on lighting, sound, etc. Even fields in a single record should somehow be modifiable without invalidating/overwriting the other fields within that record.

Temporarily disabling plugins is a troubleshooting step.

The load order should be finalized before generating LOD. All patches and plugins should enabled and sorted properly.

The DynDOLOD and Occlusion plugins are generated by copying the winning overwrites for records.

If the map plugin is the last plugin to overwrite the worldspace record, those changes will be in the DynDOLOD and Occlusion plugin.

There isn't anything that needs to load after the  DynDOLOD or Occlusion plugins if LOD has been generated properly for the current load order.

Howdy!

I can run TexGen and LodGen and install both outputs, but the resulting plugins seem to be broken--as soon as I load the game, I get a CTD immediately after the loading screen. It doesn't even get to the point of gameplay, just the loading screen freezes for a moment and then it crashes. Disabling the plugins lets me load in fine, but of course that defeats the point of using DynDOLOD. I checked the plugins for errors in SSEEdit and it seems to think they're all fine. DynDOLOD isn't generating a bug report log, either.

My logs: VC's Google Drive

1 hour ago, Ashurel said:

Rerunning TexGen fixed the issue, but still might be worth parsing

Thanks for the logs. Looks like a race condition. Just rerunning DynDOLOD should have been enough.

4 hours ago, VeganCannibalism said:

Howdy!

I can run TexGen and LodGen and install both outputs, but the resulting plugins seem to be broken--as soon as I load the game, I get a CTD immediately after the loading screen. It doesn't even get to the point of gameplay, just the loading screen freezes for a moment and then it crashes. Disabling the plugins lets me load in fine, but of course that defeats the point of using DynDOLOD. I checked the plugins for errors in SSEEdit and it seems to think they're all fine. DynDOLOD isn't generating a bug report log, either.

My logs: VC's Google Drive

Check the DynDOLOD log for error and warning messages. Especially invalid texture resolutions. Like this https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-50/?do=findComment&comment=251778

Upload the DynDOLOD log and debug as explained of the first post.

1 hour ago, VeganCannibalism said:

Oops, thought I included those logs in my file. Sorry about that.

Here's the logs.

Looks like Redbag's Rorikstead has invalid texture sizes, but there's a link to download fixed textures in the comments on that mod page, so hopefully that fixes it. I'll overwrite the bad textures and rebuild DynDOLOD

Yes, that texture is the cause of the CTD.

On 10/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, sheson said:

Click the "Help for this message" link as explained on the first post.

The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access.
It is also possible another process or program is accessing the same folder or file and this preventing write access. In case closing other programs does not help, a reboot typically helps in these cases.
Remove old files from the destination/output path, which might prevent creating the new files because they are blocked by other programs etc

Search the forum for the error message as explained on the first post:
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?&q=system cannot find path specified&search_and_or=and

Thank you so much. Linking previous port with this issue helped me find a solution. 

Let me start off with the obligatory "thanks" for making this mod a reality. 

My adventure in getting grasses in my game has been long and gruesome. It has first started as a "no compromises" LOD render for 4k, but it seems now that I may lack both the time and the system memory to do so.

I've been trying to get Veydosebrom Regions to work with grass LODs (requires rebounding the meshes using CK) but I have been unable to verify if I have done so correctly. After rebounding, DynDOLOD is now taking an absurdly long time to complete. Hopefully this is a sign that it's done correctly? However, I cant get passed Tamriel Occlusion rendering (set to Level 3) because of the incredible amounts of memory it now requires. I get "out of memory" errors at this point in the process.

In have run the game on safe mode (to minimize memory usage of other programs) using 16 GB of RAM with no luck. Memory tops out and Windows can't make paging files fast enough to keep up.

I've decided that maybe Level 3 is the culprit of my woes. As I am typing this message, I am a few hours into a rerun with Level 2. Is this incredible memory usage expected in this new Alpha? If so, I recommend adding a disclaimer.

Some other questions. Is there any capability to cache the result of LODGenx so that DynDOLOD doesn't regenerate it for each run? It would save a lot of time trying to fix my current issue. Also, when rebounding my grass I noticed that the file size from the output of TexGen did not change. Is this normal? Thanks again for all you do.

On 10/20/2021 at 10:50 PM, sheson said:

The memory usage has nothing to do with this alpha but everything to do with large BTO files because of the grass LOD in them.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-51/?do=findComment&comment=250521

This config change you linked should work perfectly with my memory constraints. Thanks! I assume my other questions are also ones that have been asked before. I will try to look more closely next time.