DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

39 minutes ago, skinjack said:

Sorry for asking, but I changed from Vortex to MO2 and am finally getting around to placing DynDOLOD. I know in the right pane the esm should be towards the top and the esp at the bottom. The left pane is confusing me. I found a Reddit article where he said the order should be DynDOLOD Resources, then Textures, then Output. That doesn't sound right to me, but I'm still a little wary on the left pane. If it is correct, where should these be in the left pane? Towards the top? Bottom? Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: Just watched gamerpoet's video again and that is the order he shows, installing it after any tree mods I have. Doesn't seem right in my head, so I guess I need to bookmark that page and the manual for DynDOLOD since I can't seem to find what folder I placed it in. I don't know if that has changed any with the 3.00 version or not, so feel free to correct me if it has. Thanks.

1. DynDOLOD Resources Alpha 12
  2. ... (bunch of mods)
  3. Noise maps (if used)
  4. Terrain LODGen Output
  5. TexGen Output
  6. DynDOLOD Output
  7. Occlusion Output

DynDOLOD application does not go here. It is an app installed outside of your mods location and used just like xLODGen to generate output that you then place into the mods indicated above

Thank you for that. It helps with placing the Occlusion mod I planned on installing when it gets a few more patches. About the only other thing I use is the Terrain LODGen, but I'm not sure if I need that or a bunch of the other LOD's I have sitting on my computer right now with the new version.

14 minutes ago, skinjack said:

Thank you for that. It helps with placing the Occlusion mod I planned on installing when it gets a few more patches. About the only other thing I use is the Terrain LODGen, but I'm not sure if I need that or a bunch of the other LOD's I have sitting on my computer right now with the new version.

You should be using all of what I posted if you want to take advantage of all of the latest improvements. DynDOLOD is just the cherry on top

Also, always sort with LOOT. What I posted above was mod order, NOT plugin order. let LOOT do that

6 hours ago, narphous said:

I'm running out of memory when generating lods with occlusion enabled using alpha-41. I saw taskmanager go over 29GB usage (32GB installed) and the system froze for a bit, then recovered. The full debug log is too large to upload, even zipped. But here are some lines from around the time this happened.

I went and found the first file and it doesn't seem that large so I'm clueless as to why the system would suddenly exhaust all memory running this. Or is it that I shouldn't build occlusion data for tamriel, but only the child worlds?

See the first post what log files to upload and where when making posts.

How many cores does the system have?

4 hours ago, skinjack said:

Sorry for asking, but I changed from Vortex to MO2 and am finally getting around to placing DynDOLOD. I know in the right pane the esm should be towards the top and the esp at the bottom. The left pane is confusing me. I found a Reddit article where he said the order should be DynDOLOD Resources, then Textures, then Output. That doesn't sound right to me, but I'm still a little wary on the left pane. If it is correct, where should these be in the left pane? Towards the top? Bottom? Any assistance/advice would be appreciated.

EDIT: Just watched gamerpoet's video again and that is the order he shows, installing it after any tree mods I have. Doesn't seem right in my head, so I guess I need to bookmark that page and the manual for DynDOLOD since I can't seem to find what folder I placed it in. I don't know if that has changed any with the 3.00 version or not, so feel free to correct me if it has. Thanks.

Read "Load/Overwrite Orders" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html

Generated patches/output should always overwrite in the order it is generated.

The terms top/bottom are ambiguous as the sort order can be changed. Better terms are lower/higher priority, load before/after or overwrite.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log files to include when making post.

Do not make screenshots of text. Use Copy message to clipboard and paste the message instead.

Edit: I was able to replicate. Will post a new version ASAP.

I've tested the new version but i've found another issue at the bottom, here is the log file.

*Edit: Here is the tutorial that i always follow when using DynDOLOD for Skyrim SE.

Everything was fine since i was using the DynDOLOD v.38, but when i've updated to v.40 and v.41, i am getting errors.

Dyndolod SE x64 error.txt

Edited by Mirx

2 hours ago, Mirx said:

I've tested the new version but i've found another issue at the bottom, here is the log file.

*Edit: Here is the tutorial that i always follow when using DynDOLOD for Skyrim SE.

Everything was fine since i was using the DynDOLOD v.38, but when i've updated to v.40 and v.41, i am getting errors.

Dyndolod SE x64 error.txt

This is an alpha test with new features and thus new/updated instructions. Do not rely on instructions for older versions. Read the included documentation.

Read the first post which log files and bugreport.txt to upload when making reports.

When I used alpha41 to generate LOD, I checked the option to generate Occlusion.esp, but the final generated content did not have Occlusion.esp. I entered the game without Occlusion.esp and observed the far north sea on the college of winterhold bridge. Here, although there are large squares on the sea, the large squares disappear when I shake the camera.

Edited by reeee

30 minutes ago, narphous said:

You are doing grass LOD, so the BTO are considerable larger than normal and by default it tries to read 4 at the same time. It works for me with vanilla grass LOD. DynDOLOD peaks at 8 or 9 GB in task manager for me then.

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and set OcclusionMaxThreadsObjectLOD=3, 2 or 1 and keep an eye on peak working set in task manager if you can.

Since alpha 41, the LOD generation process I think now is: Generate terrain with xlodgen→Generate grass LOD with Grass Precache→Generate LOD with XLODGEN→Generate LOD with DYNDOLOD→? Do I still need to use XLODGEN to generate Occlusion.esp?

19 minutes ago, reeee said:

Since alpha 41, the LOD generation process I think now is: Generate terrain with xlodgen→Generate grass LOD with Grass Precache→Generate LOD with XLODGEN→Generate LOD with DYNDOLOD→? Do I still need to use XLODGEN to generate Occlusion.esp?

I think you meant to sat "Generate object LOD textures  and billboards with TexGen" after the pre-cache and before DynDOLOD...

First post under Major feature changes: "Optional occlusion generation is now a checkbox and can generate Occlusion.esp in the same session, eliminating the step with xLODGen"

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Advanced.html which opens when clicking the Help button on the advanced options:
"Check Plugin to generate a dedicated Occlusion.esp, which is equivalent to using xLODGen."

Also read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\OcclusionCulling.html

So yeah. The idea is to save the extra step.

50 minutes ago, sheson said:

I think you meant to sat "Generate object LOD textures  and billboards with TexGen" after the pre-cache and before DynDOLOD...

First post under Major feature changes: "Optional occlusion generation is now a checkbox and can generate Occlusion.esp in the same session, eliminating the step with xLODGen"

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Advanced.html which opens when clicking the Help button on the advanced options:
"Check Plugin to generate a dedicated Occlusion.esp, which is equivalent to using xLODGen."

Also read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\OcclusionCulling.html

So yeah. The idea is to save the extra step.

I quick browsed the docs

Underside Terrain Mesh

Obviously disable any mods like DVLaSS Skyrim Underside, which was made by extracting this automatic generation from DynDOLOD into a mod.

So dvlass is an outdated mod and doesn't need to be used anymore, it can be completely replaced by the terrian underside option?

Or just no need of DVLaSS Skyrim Underside optional files, dvlass actually has its irreplaceable effect

TVDT - Occlusion Data

Generation

To enable generation of occlusion data, check the Occlusion data checkbox in the advanced options.

Plugin- check to generate a dedicated Occlusion.esp, which is equivalent to using xLODGen.

I actually checked the Occlusion Data and plugin options in the advanced options, but when the dyndolod finish generation, I did not get Occlusion.esp

Edited by reeee

24 minutes ago, reeee said:

So dvlass is an outdated mod and doesn't need to be used anymore, it can be completely replaced by the terrian underside option?

I actually checked the Occlusion Data and plugin options in the advanced options, but when the dyndolod finish generation, I did not get Occlusion.esp

These meshes are placed slighty under the full terrain and aid mods like Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows ...

"Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows" is not the same as "DVLaSS Skyrim Underside".

If you check [x] Occlusion data and [x] Plugin and no Occlusion.esp was generated (no "Occlusion.esp  generated successfully" in the log) , I suggest to pay attention to the log messages and look for errors etc.

Read the first post which log file to upload in case of problems.