DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

Upload the debug log to a file service as explained on the first post.

Load the load order into xEdit and run the "Report Masters" script on the DynDOLOD.esm and check the ashbound.esp in the list and post/upload the lines the script prints to the message window.

Read the fist post what log files to upload when making posts.

Go through the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List 

The screenshots seem to show that there is LOD for some grass already. Most likely the other grasses have no billboards because the base records have too small or no object bounds.

Seems like I was a bit too quick. It is indeed a grass mod without object bounds, so I will now recalc them in CK.

39 minutes ago, KLRBDN said:

Sorry, didn't think about uploading to file services. Here is debug log https://ufile.io/ez6yiapb
and lines from message window https://paste.ee/p/fKhym#key=6qsks86iHc8CduBl20trL0G2FdebnJuL&s=0

Look up the reference 0401439D in xEdit and let me know which plugins are listed for it beyond Dragonborn.esm and Ashbound.esp, You can post a screenshot that shows all plugins.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Start troubleshooting by generating LOD without grass LOD and then for the vanilla game with vanilla INI.

Do not install or generate billboards for every little shrub and bush. Do not generate LOD for small fauna in LOD8/16 when using ultra tree LOD.

If anything, make sure that the latest version is installed into a new empty folder and generate with default settings.

Yes it is normal that dynamic LOD activates again when entering a new cell

What a f*** headache this was. It took me the whole day to narrow it down as nothing worked. After step by step the cause is unbelievable...it's Dynamic Things Alternative - Base Object Swapper which is relying on Base Object Swapper a SKSE plugin and should've nothing to do with LODs. I don't know why this is interferring, but as soon as I am deactivating that plugin (even the already generated) LOD/full model swap is functioniong absolutely normal.
I recently switched over from the normal version to the BOS version. So that has to be the point at where it got funky. I checked it double...it is the cause.

The non Base Object Swapper version doesn't cause the issue. Could there maybe be some functions which are used by DynDOLOD and Base Object Swapper/Dynamic Things Alternative which could interferre with another? I don't have a clue, but deactivating BOS and/or DTA - BOS are solving the problem with the LOD/full model switching.

Edited by PRieST

55 minutes ago, PRieST said:

What a f*** headache this was. It took me the whole day to narrow it down as nothing worked. After step by step the cause is unbelievable...it's Dynamic Things Alternative - Base Object Swapper which is relying on Base Object Swapper a SKSE plugin and should've nothing to do with LODs. I don't know why this is interferring, but as soon as I am deactivating that plugin (even the already generated) LOD/full model swap is functioniong absolutely normal.
I recently switched over from the normal version to the BOS version. So that has to be the point at where it got funky. I checked it double...it is the cause.

The non Base Object Swapper version doesn't cause the issue. Could there maybe be some functions which are used by DynDOLOD and Base Object Swapper/Dynamic Things Alternative which could interferre with another? I don't have a clue, but deactivating BOS and/or DTA - BOS are solving the problem with the LOD/full model switching.

It could be a side effect of swapping base records.

Check if 000ACB04 is modified by a DynDOLOD plugin and has the HasLOD flag set.
If that is the case, maybe it is because Dynamic Things Alternative.esp xx00085D does not have the flag.
If neither has the flag, I dunno. I believe that is the only base record that has LOD generated with the default rules.
Maybe it is a general side effect with another reason.

Next version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha will be able to read the _SWAP.INI and apply the swaps "hardcoded" to LOD. That means the flag will be set on the new base record if it is required. However LOD or LOD generation will have no effect on the swapping of base records in the game or vice versa for now.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

It could be a side effect of swapping base records.

Check if 000ACB04 is modified by a DynDOLOD plugin and has the HasLOD flag set.
If that is the case, maybe it is because Dynamic Things Alternative.esp xx00085D does not have the flag.
If neither has the flag, I dunno. I believe that is the only base record that has LOD generated with the default rules.

Next version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha will be able to read the _SWAP.INI and apply the swaps "hardcoded" to LOD. That means the flag will be set on the new base record if it is required. However LOD or LOD generation will have no effect on the swapping of base records in the game or vice versa for now. 

000ACB04 is modified by DynDOLOD.esp and has the HasLOD flag set. The record from DTA (either the normal version or the Base Object Swapper one) are both Flora - FLOR and so couldn't have the flag set as I understand it correctly.

I don't understand, why this happens, the only thing what I know is: Deactivating the Dynamic Things Alternative.esp is solving the issue. I do understand that this shouldn't have to do anything with LODs, but I just can tell what is happening at the moment.

Thanks for the update! I hope I can bother you with another question. I read the info page on snow/ash shaders and LOD on your new DynDOLOD page carefully, but I still can't figure out these 2 tiny problems I ran into. For one, the RTSnowShodHouse01 [STAT:00063DF7] in Riften has snow cover on its roof for some reason. I have no mods that edit the cell or the reference itself. What could cause that?

Edit: Wait, didn't I read there was some logic that detected if snow was in the base ID name? Its of course just the family name from the house owners - so that might be a unintended side effect of that detection? Sorry if I'm way off here.

hwOjwbR.png

The other thing I noticed is that LOD rock/mountain meshes that are in snowy areas are now fully covered in snow. I hope it makes sense what I say - the snow shader is directional for the full model, so just the top part has dynamic snow applied. As I understood LOD handles dynamic snow the same way as in loaded cells? Maybe its the fault of my retexture too, I am not sure. Here's a picture of what I'm referring to:

s7ERfXD.png

These were generated with the DynDOLOD version and Resources released before the update today. I can upload logs if needed as well.

Edited by Phlunder

1 hour ago, Phlunder said:

Thanks for the update! I hope I can bother you with another question. I read the info page on snow/ash shaders and LOD on your new DynDOLOD page carefully, but I still can't figure out these 2 tiny problems I ran into. For one, the RTSnowShodHouse01 [STAT:00063DF7] in Riften has snow cover on its roof for some reason. I have no mods that edit the cell or the reference itself. What could cause that?

Edit: Wait, didn't I read there was some logic that detected if snow was in the base ID name? Its of course just the family name from the house owners - so that might be a unintended side effect of that detection? Sorry if I'm way off here.

hwOjwbR.png

The other thing I noticed is that LOD rock/mountain meshes that are in snowy areas are now fully covered in snow. I hope it makes sense what I say - the snow shader is directional for the full model, so just the top part has dynamic snow applied. As I understood LOD handles dynamic snow the same way as in loaded cells? Maybe its the fault of my retexture too, I am not sure. Here's a picture of what I'm referring to:

s7ERfXD.png

These were generated with the DynDOLOD version and Resources released before the update today. I can upload logs if needed as well.

Always use the latest version. Do these problems happen with DynDOLOD Alpha-59?

Provide the reference form IDs when making screenshots/posts. In case it points to a reference in a DynDOLOD plugin, check its EditorID for the source plugin_formid.

Always upload the logs as explained in the first post.

34 minutes ago, sheson said:

Always use the latest version. Do these problems happen with DynDOLOD Alpha-59?

Yes, issues are exactly the same with DynDOLOD Alpha-59 and Resources 3.00 Alpha 17. Just had the time to regenerate with the latest update now.

Edit: Just realized that I posted in the wrong thread, sorry. And yes I will upload logs shortly. The Ref ID for the Riften building is 63df7. The Ref ID of the rock/mountain piece is 6e1ed. But pretty much all LOD rocks are affected by this.

Logs: https://ufile.io/f/n6unf

I hope this helps to show what I mean with different LOD snow shader coverage: 

fMh08eN.png s7ERfXD.png

Edited by Phlunder

21 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Yes, issues are exactly the same with DynDOLOD Alpha-59 and Resources 3.00 Alpha 17. Just had the time to regenerate with the latest update now.

Edit: Just realized that I posted in the wrong thread, sorry. And yes I will upload logs shortly. The Ref ID for the Riften building is 63df7. The Ref ID of the rock/mountain piece is 6e1ed.

Logs: https://ufile.io/f/n6unf

Riften house will be next version.

As explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Snow-Ash-LOD-Shader, static object LOD uses one of two snow LOD shaders.

If the object LOD mountains are fully covered in snow like in the screenshot (assuming it is object LOD), it is typically either because a plugin changed the snow LOD shaders or maybe the LOD models have been replaced and they do not have a good vertex color alpha value which is used for the HD snow LOD shader.

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

Riften house will be next version.

As explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Snow-Ash-LOD-Shader, static object LOD uses one of two snow LOD shaders.

If the object LOD mountains are fully covered in snow like in the screenshot (assuming it is object LOD), is either because a plugin changed the snow LOD shaders or maybe the LOD models have been replaced and they do not have a good vertex color alpha value which is used for the HD snow LOD shader.

I already checked, I use no mods that edit the snow shader/Material Object records, and the mountain LOD meshes in question are provided by Resources 3.00 Alpha 17.

Edited by Phlunder

11 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

I already checked, I use no mods that edit the snow shader/Material Object records, and the mountain LOD meshes in question are provided by Resources 3.00 Alpha 17.

Provide a form id of the full model or a location where you have those snow covered rocks.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Provide a form id of the full model or a location where you have those snow covered rocks.

The issue is the same for a lot of rock/cliff LOD assets. Here are just 2 examples: 

RockCliff02Snow01 [STAT:0001EF3B] Example ref ID: [REFR:00097F0B]

S2GF6NB.png zPeek9B.png

RockCliff08_HeavySN [STAT:0002ED7A] Example ref ID: [REFR:00028C51]

gGh9TSD.png kmDj7Xa.png

Edited by Phlunder

"Wrong position after reading known block 4 of 13 = 2275 = NiVertexColorProperty 14 = 2267 in meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbrokencluster01_f56f4d3cpassthru_lod.nif
Error accessing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbrokencluster01_f56f4d3cpassthru_lod.nif Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
Log ended at 20:04:54 (0:10)
Code: 603"

How do i fix this?

I'm using the latest alpha version of dyndolod and dyndolod resources.