DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 167

sheson

I will keep this post brief. Make use of the Help buttons and hover over settings. Do not hesitate to ask questions and provide feedback.

This is an ALPHA version to test things and iron out bugs. Certain things may be incomplete, not work as expected or change considerably between versions. Read the documentation at https://dyndolod.info

Changelog Downloads Installation Generation Updating Help Messages Mods FAQ

In case of error messages prompts, read the entire message carefully and click the link

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

if available to open the associated help/message page on https://dyndolod.info

Always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.
Use search to find similar questions and answers.

Provide feedback, ask questions (also about 3rd party mods) and report any problems or issues in this thread only. Questions or problems can only be properly answered or addressed by the developers.

If making posts or reporting errors, upload/paste these log files (if they exist) to a file or text sharing service:
..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\[DynDOLOD|TexGen]_[TES5|ENDERAL|SSE|TES5VR|ENDERALSE]_log.txt (truncate large log files to the entire last meaningful generation beginning with the log message  "... starting session ..." )
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\[DynDOLOD|TexGen]_[TES5|ENDERAL|SSE|TES5VR|ENDERALSE]_Debug_log.txt (always upload entire debug log)

If issue involves LODGen upload/paste
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_[TES5|ENDERAL|SSE|TES5VR|ENDERALSE]_[Worldspace]_log.txt

Consider zipping large and/or many files into a single archive.

If the option "Copy this message to clipboard" is available, copy and paste the text instead of posting a screenshot.

Questions or help request can only be answered for the information provided. Provide concrete information, especially the debug log. If instructions or terms are unclear do not hesitate to ask for clarification. Try to ask specific questions. Posts without providing requested logs or information might be ignored or deleted. Useless "me too" posts without logs are going to be ignored and deleted.

Requirements

Installation

• Install the requirements as usual.
  • Install the Core Files from either DynDOLOD Resources or DynDOLOD Resources SE depending on the used game version. Typically overwrite any files or refer to Load/Overwrite Orders. Install other options as desired.
  • Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders.
  • If the tools are started without setting a Game Mode with a command line argument (-tes5 for Skyrim, -sse for Skyrim Special Edition etc.), a message window will prompt for the desired Game Mode.

Since TexGen now generates billboards do not install any 3rd party billboards.

LOD Generation

• Use TexGen to generate object LOD textures and tree/grass LOD billboards into a dedicated output folder and then install as a mod.
  • Use DynDOLOD to generate object LOD (includes grass LOD if enabled), tree and optional dynamic LOD into a dedicated output folder and then install as a mod.

Major Feature Changes

Changelog

Grass LOD

32382-1607527597-1755354873.jpeg32382-1607527592-663108581.jpeg32382-1607527474-837888443.jpeg32382-1607527468-1980935158.jpeg

Grass LOD is currently only available for Skyrim Special Edition (includes Enderal SE, obviously).

Grass LOD uses grass LOD billboards in object LOD, similar to ultra tree LOD. TexGen can be used to automatically generate the grass LOD billboards.

Grass LOD generation requires a warmed precache from No Grass In Objects for the current load order. It uses the *.CGID files found in the ..\Data\Grass\ folder.

Read everything about Grass LOD including settings, generation, updating, performance and troubleshooting at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD.

• Like 1

Why TexGen gives me this error? Always generated correctly and the mod doesn't have any error.

image.png

The plugin has a duplicate form id as reported by the xEdit plugin loader.

The duplicate form id can be removed by loading the plugin in CK and saving it.

The plugin has a duplicate form id as reported by the xEdit plugin loader.

The duplicate form id can be removed by loading the plugin in CK and saving it.

Weird, the previous version of TexGen didn't warn me. However, it worked, thank you!

Do we need to uninstall all billboards that were used in the V2 generation process? Or are the old filepaths ignored by TexGen now that they're no longer needed?

Side note: Congrats and thank you on the tree and grass billboard generation. Having to find or manually create tree billboards was a pain. I didn't think they would ever get automated so this is beyond incredible.

Do we need to uninstall all billboards that were used in the V2 generation process? Or are the old filepaths ignored by TexGen now that they're no longer needed?

Side note: Congrats and thank you on the tree and grass billboard generation. Having to find or manually create tree billboards was a pain. I didn't think they would ever get automated so this is beyond incredible.

The billboards generated by TexGen have the same path and filename. So the TexGen output will take priority over the original billboards anyways. You can keep them installed, it shouldn't matter.

If you keep the original ones installed, you can use that to double check in MO2 if TexGen indeed created all the billboards you expect to have.

../DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html explains how to control which billboards TexGen creates. in case you want to mix or whatever.

However, for now I assume that the generated billboards will always be the better and preferred option in the future.

The billboards generated by TexGen have the same path and filename. So the TexGen output will take priority over the original billboards anyways. You can keep them installed, it shouldn't matter.

If you keep the original ones installed, you can use that to double check in MO2 if TexGen indeed created all the billboards you expect to have.

../DynDOLOD/docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html explains how to control which billboards TexGen creates. in case you want to mix or whatever.

However, for now I assume that the generated billboards will always be the better and preferred option in the future.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification and yes, I would expect the generated ones to look better. Can't wait to try this out!

Hi, I got this error when I tried to generate LODs in DynDOLOD 3. Didn't get this on the 2.8 version. I see that it is related to the Forgotten Seasons CC, but this isn't fixable by me according to SSEdit. Do I fix this by unchecking the worldspace in DynDOLOD?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

[Main Instruction]

Unresolved FormID [0500091C]

[Content]

Scripts Script Properties Property Value Object Union Object v2 FormID [0500091C] < Error: Could not be resolved > 

cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm might be the wrong version. 

Error in cctwbsse001-puzzledungeon.esm DLCDwarvenPuzzleDungeon_StaffPedestal "Altar of the Seasons" [ACTI:05000883]