Dragon Combat Overhaul

IDzeroNo

Could have sworn there was already a thread about this mod, but I can't find one.

But yeah, I've been following this mod and it looks really good. Personally I'm waiting for a version with MCM support, but I'll definitely be using this when I actually play the game.

A couple of threads got deleted when the site came back up after the transfer, I made a thread for Skyrim Project Optimization only to find it missing the next morning.

I like this mod and author seems to working really quickly through his to do list. Definitely one to watch as it develops. I was using this last night while playing and when a dragon died it went through this death animation while it's flesh was starting to burn off, it looked like I was devouring it's soul as it was dying. Getting knocked down by the dragons when they land is a nice touch too, made it feel like the dragons actually had some power.

I like the knockdown too' date=' but I hate the fact that it takes you 80,000 years to get back up. That's obviously a problem with Skyrim, not the mod though.[/quote']

Well good news there is a mod for that. Perhaps it should get it's own thread but I will let someone else make that decision.

Front animation.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17648

Back animation.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17491

Also a youtube video. Skip to 2:25 to see the side by side comparison.

Could have sworn there was already a thread about this mod, but I can't find one.

But yeah, I've been following this mod and it looks really good. Personally I'm waiting for a version with MCM support, but I'll definitely be using this when I actually play the game.

That would have been my thread, that unfortunately disappeared during server migration. 

Nevertheless, this mod is fresh and I'm looking forward to seeing a final version!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god thank you guys for the faster get up mod suggestions.

That **** annoys me to no end. Our characters can do so much, but it takes 5+ seconds to get up. IRL combat (which I have experience with), you die if it takes you that long to get up. I could be on my feet from a fall in a second with over 100 pounds of gear on me (not counting other things). There's no reason it should take the mfing Dragonborn that long to get up. Especially with all those muscles. lol

Anyway, I have this mod installed and am currently on an RP playthrough that will take a while before I unleash dragons on the world at large. I'll try to hurry up with starting the main quest so I can give my thoughts on the mod. No real ETA though as I'm having some freezes and CTDs with this latest full STEP install.

I think my PC is getting old on me. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
I've had no problems with version 10.1 (or version 10 for that matter) and I have Mighty Dragon & Deadly Dragon both running with it.  Although I think Mighty Dragon (since its loaded below DCO) overrides many of the dragons including the main ones like Mirmulnir, so may be that is why my game isn't bugged.  I noticed that the difficult setting of Might Dragon (Nightmare vs just plain Mighty) overrides the difficult settings in deadly dragon for the most part and the Nightmare dragons are almost IMPOSSIBLE to kill below level 18, even with the global difficulty setting at Novice!

I think with both these installed you are getting more variety of dragons when they randomly respawn.