Fireplaces / Braziers / Fire-Spells very dim

Phiolin

I have an issue with fire sources being very dim in the game. I run with Postprocessing and ENB (Heavy) installed and just double checked that I have all the Post-Processing affected mods installed with the ENB options. Also did another run of re-installing Embers XD to see if it fixes this, but it doesn't.

If I turn off the ENB (Shift+F12), fire looks quite normal, but with ENB on it is very dim and doesn't cast much light. Screenshot is from the Windhelm entrance for reference.
It affects fire spells as well. But torches seem to be less affected - at least I didn't notice anything unusual on torches, but playing a mage, I don't use them to run around... on the walls they looked ok'ish. :)

Any ideas what I can check to find out what's going wrong here?

ScreenShot1.jpg

Edited by Phiolin

The ENB will be updated in the next guide release this week. That said, your fires are definitely too dim. This was never an issue, so I recommend verifying that you have ENB installed correctly. Clean out all ENB related files and re-install with latest ENB runtimes.

I played around a bit trying to find the mod responsible and in the end toggling the ENB Helper SE gave the hint to it being weather related.

So it seems to be related to weather. If I just wait 24 hours for eventually another weather to kick in, fires are back to normal. So I guess it is maybe one specific weather situation that causes this, not sure if it's worth finding out which one (and how), so that it maybe can be fixed?

Edited by Phiolin

I believe the Weather ID decimal is 1113726 which would make it 0010FE7E (RiftenOvercastFog).

If I force that weather, my fires go brrrrrr.... :)
So that one doesn't seem to play nice with the Heavy ENB preset.

Edited by Phiolin

5 hours ago, Phiolin said:

I believe the Weather ID decimal is 1113726 which would make it 0010FE7E (RiftenOvercastFog).

If I force that weather, my fires go brrrrrr.... :)
So that one doesn't seem to play nice with the Heavy ENB preset.

Thanks for confirming the weather. I will check it to be sure it's fixed in the update.