Help with 5760*1080 surround

I just completed the installation portion of the STEP guide for Skyrim AE and I'm trying to benchmark. I use physX surround with some games, but I haven't gotten it working with Skyrim. I'm looking for some guidance on a couple points to getting the game working across all three screens.

1. I don't know whether to use physX surround @ 5760*1080 with Skyrim in fullscreen or the 3 screens @ 1920*1080 with Skyrim windowed & stretching across.
  2. I think I have to have BethINI set to 5760*1080 and then do some things in SSE tweaks, but I'm not sure what exactly. I haven't manually edited the Skyrimprefs.ini at all yet.
  3. I know I have to have widescreen fixes for the menus, which I got per the posts talking about it, but I don't know if it works at 5760*1080.

I'm hoping someone has this working already and can point me in the right direction.  I'm also asking on the widescreen gaming forum as well.

Edited by dravis85

I reverted my setup to 1920*1080 and finished the benchmarks and LOD stuff with that. After I finished everything in the guide, I went back and reset my monitors to 5760*1080, and only used BethINI to update the resolution. I didn't mess with SSE Display Tweaks any further.  I got 141 FPS benchmarking, and 90-100 stable FPS with the triple monitor resolution. Some of the menus are way off the screen but I already have all the patches from the widescreen fixes page. I'll be tweaking this out, but I can always fallback on a single monitor until I do. 

Edited by dravis85

9 hours ago, dravis85 said:

I reverted my setup to 1920*1080 and finished the benchmarks and LOD stuff with that. After I finished everything in the guide, I went back and reset my monitors to 5760*1080, and only used BethINI to update the resolution. I didn't mess with SSE Display Tweaks any further.  I got 141 FPS benchmarking, and 90-100 stable FPS with the triple monitor resolution. Some of the menus are way off the screen but I already have all the patches from the widescreen fixes page. I'll be tweaking this out, but I can always fallback on a single monitor until I do. 

You must have one of the best GFX cards on the market to get that performance with that resolution on multi-monitor setup.

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

You must have one of the best GFX cards on the market to get that performance with that resolution on multi-monitor setup.

Device: BigGameRig, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core @ 4.20 GHz, RAM: 32.0 GB, GPU: nVidia 3090 FE

so yea...I got it from build redux and it's worked out very well. It was expensive, but at the time, it was cheaper than with a 3080 due to shortages/scalping. 

I went and got all the widescreen fixes again, but either I mis-installed them or I'm missing something else I need. The racemenu at new game is zoomed into the character's face, and the top and bottom are off the screen. I've only seen some of the player menus, and very little interactions so far, but most are affected negatively. I found somewhere that mentioned the fov on the menus, and that makes sense seing how they seem zoomed in like the racemenu. Hey, at least I have peripheral vision in Skyrim :P  

Edited by dravis85

Further update: I figured out that I have to use BethINI to get the resolution or FOV settings to matter. Making any edits to the ini directly for those things didn't do anything. I'm not sure if Display Tweaks does anything useful for me. Using different mcm menus helpers (larger to wider or even wider) didn't do anything I could tell. I fiddled with the FOV settings, but again, I don't think they took effect from the ini changes. Furthermore, when I tried changing them in game, it did pull the character away from the screen, but the "camera" was still inside his face. There might be a "menuFOV" or something, as I think I only fiddled with the default. I'll post anything else I get from my tweaking.