Adding a mod and grass problems

Dave0523

Please forgive if this is in the wrong forum...

I've tried to add Elysium Estate to my STEP AE install, but even after running xLODGen and DynDOLOD, the grass around the house seems to conform to the unmodded terrain, and is thus floating around the house, since the terrain was lowered.  Is this the grass cache needing to be regenerated, and, if so, is there a guide on how to do this correctly?  Thanks in advance.

--David

Easiest solution will be to hide the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.ini file. Step bundles pregenerated grass cache that is loaded via the vanilla game mechanism so that NGIO is effectively used on AE, since NGIO doesn't work on AE. This will cause issues if you add mods such as this on top of it. Hiding the ini file will allow the game to use normal grass creation method within loaded cells. You still will be able to see grass LOD from DynDOLOD. You simply won't have the benefit of grass not loading through objects or the performance improvement of the grass scale tweak.

Generation of grass cache for AE is a difficult process that requires you to temporarily downgrade the game just for grass cache generation. I understand the process very well, and it still takes me about 5 tries before I remember to set everything up correctly for a successful generation, so I don't recommend the process for anyone other than expert modders.