MO2 plus SKSE together crash my game.

phdprincess

Question

Was successfully running both back in 2020 but since all the updates came out and I was having issues with my 200+ mods conflicting each other, I decided to fresh reinstall everything and start from scratch today.

Everything is working if I run skyrim SE launcher through MO2. Everything is working if I run SKSE launcher directly from the folder (I do not have mods then, sad). But if I run SKSE through MO2, it crashes. 

I read something about SKSE.ini but I can't figure it out, I don't seem to have one. Help?

9 answers to this question

8 hours ago, phdprincess said:

Was successfully running both back in 2020 but since all the updates came out and I was having issues with my 200+ mods conflicting each other, I decided to fresh reinstall everything and start from scratch today.

Everything is working if I run skyrim SE launcher through MO2. Everything is working if I run SKSE launcher directly from the folder (I do not have mods then, sad). But if I run SKSE through MO2, it crashes. 

I read something about SKSE.ini but I can't figure it out, I don't seem to have one. Help?

SKSE install/config instructions for MO:

for Skyrim 1.6.xxx

for Skyrim 1.5.97

14 hours ago, Mousetick said:

When does it crash exactly: before displaying the main menu, when starting a new game, after a while while playing?

Previously it was crashing exactly when I started a new game (or tried loading an old one). Now the game loads, it's just saying SKSE failed to load (after I tweaked some INI settings). Def an INI problem I think?

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

SKSE install/config instructions for MO:

for Skyrim 1.6.xxx

for Skyrim 1.5.97

I did exactly that, uninstalled everything and redid it, and did exactly that again, still does not work lol.

16 minutes ago, phdprincess said:

image.thumb.png.f1de76786b7b2f4a939838d16ab9ce40.png

I don't have an SKSE.ini. I read this could be a problem. I can't figure out why. 

(Yes I installed in x86, it was an accident. I don't think this is the problem based on how SKSE alone works and MO2 alone works just not together?) 

If you followed the instructions I linked, you would have an SKSE.ini. Maybe follow those instructions again and pay attention to everything?

34 minutes ago, z929669 said:

If you followed the instructions I linked, you would have an SKSE.ini. Maybe follow those instructions again and pay attention to everything?

I made that, and it gave me this. Then when I checked back, the INI was gone?

image.thumb.png.67f04a6036d1c0788474ffb3891bcec3.png

1 hour ago, phdprincess said:

I made that, and it gave me this. Then when I checked back, the INI was gone?

image.thumb.png.67f04a6036d1c0788474ffb3891bcec3.png

The INI doesn't just disappear. If you are using MO, the INI and SKSE folder should be inside of the SKSE64 mod in MO. Only the runtime DLLs go into your game folder. Be sure you followed the instructions.

This error says you are running an incompatible SKSE plugin called ItemStealPlugin.dll. It's for LE and not SE as the error says. In MO 'Data' right pane, type in the name of this file in the filter at bottom. This will show the SKSE folder. Expand this to reveal the file and the mod name providing it. Uninstall this mod. Find the correct version and install that instead or don't use the mod.

Always click 'yes' to that dialog.