"SkyUI error code 5 Incompatible menu file..." [SOLVED!]

Bandy

Hello, I have followed STEP guides in past (LE, and various Fallout, now trying newest Skyrim SE STEP) but human error has possibly occurred.  I'm troubleshooting FRESH STEP SE install, getting SkyUI errors and not finding a solution thus far.  No additional map or inventory mods are installed, only the STEP recommended mods.

I'm at end of Step 4, "NOTE: At this point, it's a good idea to launch a NEW GAME to verify that Skyrim loads without CTD..."
So started a NEW game, Skyrim appears to run fine and can move about interacting and combat. I can buy/sell with merchants, BUT when I open a container or dead animal inventory I cannot take anything.  No transfer possible with any method, item click or R or....  The following five SkyUI error windows are displayed one after the other, each referencing a different incompatible .swf file:

SkyUI error code 5
Incompatible menu file (Containermenu.swf)  
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Itemcard.swf)  
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Inventorylists.swf)  
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Bottombar.swf) 
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Configpanel.swf) 
Make sure you installed everything
correctly and no other mod has overwritten

MO2 does not indicate any mod is overwriting SkyUI.
SKSE version  Current SE build 2.0.19 (runtime 1.5.97) is installed, and verified by seeing in game root folder:  skse64_1_5_97.dll
SkyUI_5_2_SE  installed, this "Version 5.2SE - Requires SKSE64 2.0.4 alpha or newer" so OK there...
I have reinstalled newest SkyUI (as above), re-ran LOOT, looked into the MCM menus (no obvious changes to avoid errors) and the five errors are repeatable...

The Skyrim SE\Data\Interface folder has two folders: 'Exported' (has quest_journal and racesex_menu files) and Inventory Components\Bottombar.swf and then 26 other loose files, but only Containermenu.swf is in the list from the code 5 errors.

Perhaps at this point of STEP install I'm not supposed to play into the game to see these SkyUI errors???  Though I do not understand how Step 5 LOD gen, and Step 6 MCM configuring other mods, would cause these five SkyUI errors.

Any insights or troubleshooting advice appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: Just realized I installed months ago a Skyrim interface mod to use with 3440x1440 monitor, and that is the source of the loose interface files.

Edited by Bandy

27 minutes ago, Bandy said:

Hello, I have followed STEP guides in past (LE, and various Fallout, now trying newest Skyrim SE STEP) but human error has possibly occurred.  I'm troubleshooting FRESH STEP SE install, getting SkyUI errors and not finding a solution thus far.  No additional map or inventory mods are installed, only the STEP recommended mods.

I'm at end of Step 4, "NOTE: At this point, it's a good idea to launch a NEW GAME to verify that Skyrim loads without CTD..."
So started a NEW game, Skyrim appears to run fine and can move about interacting and combat. I can buy/sell with merchants, BUT when I open a container or dead animal inventory I cannot take anything.  No transfer possible with any method, item click or R or....  The following five SkyUI error windows are displayed one after the other, each referencing a different incompatible .swf file:

SkyUI error code 5
Incompatible menu file (Containermenu.swf)  
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Itemcard.swf)  
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Inventorylists.swf)  
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Bottombar.swf) 
Incompatible menu file (SkyUI/Configpanel.swf) 
Make sure you installed everything
correctly and no other mod has overwritten

MO2 does not indicate any mod is overwriting SkyUI.
SKSE version  Current SE build 2.0.19 (runtime 1.5.97) is installed, and verified by seeing in game root folder:  skse64_1_5_97.dll
SkyUI_5_2_SE  installed, this "Version 5.2SE - Requires SKSE64 2.0.4 alpha or newer" so OK there...
I have reinstalled newest SkyUI (as above), re-ran LOOT, looked into the MCM menus (no obvious changes to avoid errors) and the five errors are repeatable...

The Skyrim SE\Data\Interface folder has two folders: 'Exported' (has quest_journal and racesex_menu files) and Inventory Components\Bottombar.swf and then 26 other loose files, but only Containermenu.swf is in the list from the code 5 errors.

Perhaps at this point of STEP install I'm not supposed to play into the game to see these SkyUI errors???  Though I do not understand how Step 5 LOD gen, and Step 6 MCM configuring other mods, would cause these five SkyUI errors.

Any insights or troubleshooting advice appreciated, thank you.

Have you installed any mods not in the mod list? Using a controller with a controller mod?

You can try disabling SkyUI, run LOOT, and see how the inventory and containers behave. There could also be an issue with your INIs. You may want to reset them ... I defer to @DoubleYou on the INI work though.

I was editing as you replied:  Just realized I installed months ago a Skyrim interface mod to use with 3440x1440 monitor, and that is the source of the loose interface files.

I will delete these files and see what happens.  Will need to find a compatible solution for widescreen fix.

14 minutes ago, Bandy said:

I was editing as you replied:  Just realized I installed months ago a Skyrim interface mod to use with 3440x1440 monitor, and that is the source of the loose interface files.

I will delete these files and see what happens.  Will need to find a compatible solution for widescreen fix.

This mod is what DoubleYou recommends. he runs with ultra-wide format as well.