Weird ground textures in Riften before step 5

Zarok_Aleon

I installed all the mods, but then went back and redid my STEP process in a new instance to test some stuff out. I have one for testing, one for pure STEP. And one with the mods I want. I ran into this texture issue in Riften while testing so I went back to my custom stable build and had it still. So I checked the straight up STEP instance and its identical on each one. I have not moved on to step 5 in the guide yet so I am not sure if that will fix it or not but I dont want to have to back pedal even more. What could be causing this and how should I fix it? Or do I just do step 5 and that will fix it?

988879327_Screenshot2021-08-16141938.thumb.png.a7ee2d0458f30ccac0d04bd718fa3915.png

10 minutes ago, Zarok_Aleon said:

I installed all the mods, but then went back and redid my STEP process in a new instance to test some stuff out. I have one for testing, one for pure STEP. And one with the mods I want. I ran into this texture issue in Riften while testing so I went back to my custom stable build and had it still. So I checked the straight up STEP instance and its identical on each one. I have not moved on to step 5 in the guide yet so I am not sure if that will fix it or not but I dont want to have to back pedal even more. What could be causing this and how should I fix it? Or do I just do step 5 and that will fix it?

988879327_Screenshot2021-08-16141938.thumb.png.a7ee2d0458f30ccac0d04bd718fa3915.png

I am guessing that you still have Cathedral Landscapes (TEMP) mod for use only during terrain LODGen. This will cause all kinds of texture glitches when active outside of LODGen.

• 1 year later...

I'm getting this even after removing the LODgen temp mod for cathedral landscapes, using dyndolod 3.0.  I've had the same problem when using 2.98, but it was fixable by disabling the temp textures, am I not supposed to use the files for LODgen when using dyndolod 3.0?  I thought the two wouldn't interfere with each other.  That grass cache seems to work great though.

20221117164808_1_vr.jpg

14 hours ago, Tyrthemis said:

I'm getting this even after removing the LODgen temp mod for cathedral landscapes, using dyndolod 3.0.  I've had the same problem when using 2.98, but it was fixable by disabling the temp textures, am I not supposed to use the files for LODgen when using dyndolod 3.0?  I thought the two wouldn't interfere with each other.  That grass cache seems to work great though.

20221117164808_1_vr.jpg

This looks like stuck LOD. It also looks like it could be terrain LOD but maybe not. The TEMP mods for Tamriel and Cathedral Landscapes only apply to terrain LOD via xLODGen. They have nothing to do with DynDOLOD (object LOD) and should be disabled at all times except when generation terrain LOD via xLODGen.

You should troubleshoot on the DynDOLOD support forums for help if you can't resolve yourself. Stuck LOD usually happens for me if I am loading a save game or using the console to COC/COW (e.g., loading an exterior cell without exiting a child worldspace first). Test with a new game and by loading this cell normally to rule out anything like this (walk there or fast travel near this area but load the cell by walking into it).