Error during lod generation using custom hybrid trees

floppefish

Question

Hello!

When generating LOD using DynDOLOD, it fails after a while and spits out an error at the bottom of the log. The error reads as follows:

Wrong position after reading known block 1 of 22 = 730 = NiTriShape 100 = 733 in meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\j\3am_deadscotchpine1_0124d0b2passthru_lod.nif
Error accessing T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\j\3am_deadscotchpine1_0124d0b2passthru_lod.nif Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
Log ended at 1:42:38 (0:10)
Code: 603

There is some background, though. I've started receiving these errors when I generated LODs using custom made 3d trees for a tree mod which did not have them yet. As you can see, the log directly references the 3d hybrid tree meshes. I've made said meshes following the tutorial as included in the dyndolod install, and during the creation of said meshes by using treeLOD.exe I did not receive any errors or warnings in the log files.

I'm running dynDOLOD through mod organizer 2 using the vfs structure by using the dropdown menu to select the executable.

Does anyone know what could be the root of this issue, and how to remedy it?

10 answers to this question

Please upload the original full model tree and the crown NIF used for this, so i can double check the process.

You probably want to run the full model and the crown NIF through COA to fix whatever the problem is before running it through LODGen.

treeLOD.exe creates textures.

There is a problem with the NIF or it contains blocks/data  that xEdit does not understand yet. Check that it opens in NifSkope. Remove any blocks that are not needed.

If further help is required, upload it somewhere for me to check.

How was this NIF created?

I suggest to run it through Cathedral assets optimizer and convert everything to BSTriShape or NiTriShape/NiTriShapeData
Open and saving in NifSkope should work too, but it won't convert the shapes.

That should fix the wrong size of the block.

I'll follow up, sorry.

The nif was created as following your documentation. Trunk textures and txt files in the texgen output folder, crown meshes in the input folder in docs/tools/hybrid with the proper crc32 naming.

Both parts were combined using the hybrid.bat file included in the standalone dyndolod install that iirc runs an exe of which the name i forgot that combines the two parts into one hybrid tree mesh. 

As for cao: i'm aware, but the meshes are already made for LE. would that mean i'll select LE in CAO, essentially porting the meshes to the same game? Just trying to understand.

Edited by floppefish

I've been able to successfully generate tree LOD after running the meshes through CAO and just reprocessing them all. After testing it in-game I've noticed my hybrid tree LODs pop up! Your advice helped me so much. Thank you!