Exception in unit prepare line 60: Too many full modules

Kovacks

Question

Is there any solution to this error? I have been generating LODs for a long time and it had never given me this error. I also don't know if this is the place for this.

Edit: It seems that with 253 plugins it does not work, I have removed one to test and with 252 plugins it is already generating LODs. I didn't know that DynDOLOD had a plugin limit. Thanks!

Edited by Kovacks

2 answers to this question

Moved to DynDOLOD and xLODGen support, although (correct me if I'm mistaken) I believe this may be a general game/SSEEdit question. My understanding is that Bethesda games support 256 plugin slots numbered from 00 to FF. The FF slot is reserved for the save file and the FE slot is reserved for ESL-flagged plugins. This leaves 254 slots available for plugins. Of course, Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm and Dragonborn.esm use slots 00 to 04 leaving 249 slots for user plugins.

To my knowledge, SSEEdit, DynDOLOD, etc. all apply the same restrictions applied by the game meaning you should be able to use 254 slots (including the vanilla masters in slots 00 through 04).

The game has a full plugin limit. It is 255 for Skyrim and 254 for Skyrim Special Edition because of slot 0xFE for light plugins. Obviously xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD adhere to the same limits as the engine.

As explained in the manual, for Skyrim Special Edition two plugins are generate by default, so there needs to be room for 0xFC and 0xFD