Black distant mapping or glassy close ground textures

KnowChillx

Question

So after following the guide I ran over to Markarth to get a that sweet sweet free haunted house when I noticed that the rock walls around town were black from afar. As I approached them they rendered into this odd glassy low res texture. Pre-update everything was pretty much kosher. Not sure what changed but I'll try it again to see if it's on me and where I may have botched. Any help would be great. Thanks. 

Skyrim Special Edition 5_2_2021 3_44_40 AM.png

504542450_SkyrimSpecialEdition5_2_20213_44_22AM.thumb.png.24db8aa49a14d30223210964721accc5.png

8 answers to this question

While you are writing about a wall  textures, the tiny screenshots provide no information what they are about and do not show any walls from Markarth.

No logs and no other information was posted.

DynDOLOD uses the object LOD textures that are currently installed in the load order.
TexGen can only update a few of them. TexGen from DynDOLOD 3 alpha a few more, including pre-rendered ones used by the cities.

Check ..\textures\lod\mrkbuildingslod0[1|2|3].dds

Also make sure nothing overwrites the TexGen/DynDOLOD output.

15 hours ago, sheson said:

While you are writing about a wall  textures, the tiny screenshots provide no information what they are about and do not show any walls from Markarth.

No logs and no other information was posted.

DynDOLOD uses the object LOD textures that are currently installed in the load order.
TexGen can only update a few of them. TexGen from DynDOLOD 3 alpha a few more, including pre-rendered ones used by the cities.

Check ..\textures\lod\mrkbuildingslod0[1|2|3].dds

Also make sure nothing overwrites the TexGen/DynDOLOD output.

The screenshots are small because of the data cap on picture entries is a robust 504k. I'm not sure how else to reduce the data size of the image. Where do I find log information to include here? Nothing is overriding the TxGn/DynDL as per the STEP instructions. By "check" the textures, how am I suppose to check them?

There are free image service like https://imgur.com/upload

Log files can be found in the log folder of DynDOLOD.

Checking texture would include finding out what mod - if any - supplies them with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) and the MO2 right window data tab.
plus checking them visually in an image viewer.

If you have problems with a third party guide, you need to ask question about it on the appropriate forum/topic for that guide.

2 hours ago, KnowChillx said:

The screenshots are small because of the data cap on picture entries is a robust 504k. I'm not sure how else to reduce the data size of the image. Where do I find log information to include here? Nothing is overriding the TxGn/DynDL as per the STEP instructions. By "check" the textures, how am I suppose to check them?

I believe I have fixed this, so please give it a try again if you feel so inclined.

Ok so It seems FIXED. I went through my MOD order and realized the Majestic Mountains+TempMM+Temp Cathedral were still active. After disabling the temps things went back to normal. Human error strikes again.