Solitude Expansion Buildings Not Present When Viewing from Solitude Worldspace

Hypernova1912

Question

After running xLODGen and DynDOLOD, Solitude Expansion's docks buildings are not visible from the Solitude worldspace, in this case from the LotD museum balcony. The LOD objects are present, as the buildings appear if you use tcl to fly far enough away from the area, but when at the balcony, they are missing, and other buildings that can be seen from the balcony also disappear if you fly close enough to them. This seems to be because the LOD objects are present in the child world but the full models are not, so when the LOD models unload there's nothing there. I do remember everything looking normal and the models being present on a previous load order, generated with 2.87. This was generated with 2.93. Is this normal behavior, a configuration error on my part, a result of a DynDOLOD update, or something else? If it's normal, could DynDOLOD be configured to bring the full models into the child world, or alternatively leave the LOD models visible even at close range? Could regenerating with 2.94 resolve the issue? (Never ignore neverfades in child worlds for upgrading to static or dynamic LOD seems potentially important.) I also noticed that Solitude Expansion has rules for oldrim, but not SSE. Could that be relevant here?

Load order: https://pastebin.com/rTapFhqs

r3ThmL6.jpg

System specs are an i7-6700K and GTX 1080 running on Windows 10 20H2. SSE and SKSE are up-to-date.

Edited by Hypernova1912

3 answers to this question

The LOD is outside the loaded cells. Typically mods are are responsible for what happens inside loaded cells.

Create a DynDOLOD_[TES5|SSE]_[modnameesp]_tamriel.patch file and out it into ..\Data\DynDOLOD\
The modnamesp is the plugin filename with every non alpha-numeric character removed just like mesh rule files.

First make an overwrite record of the destination cell, for example -16,24 in Solitudeworld:

overwrite=skyrim.esm;0037eee

Then make a new copy of an object that is in the parent worldspace, set its Cell to the new destination cell, remove any flags and make sure its Editor contains NOLOD, since the source reference already takes care of that.

copy=solitude expansion.esp;00013a05,Cell=skyrim.esm;0037eee,Record Header\Record Flags=0,EDID=NOLOD

Check out ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_legacyofthedragonbornv5esm_tamriel.patch

DynDOLDO does not have a function to automatically copy references from the parent world space to the child world space. Never did. (It only does in case a reference with IsFullLOD flag in the parent world is inside the defined cell area for cities and is being converted to static LOD. Very rare, only very confused mod authors do this.)

You would need to a create patch file similar to Whiterun/Solitude Exterior that specifically copies references from Tamriel to SolitudeWorld.

5 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLDO does not have a function to automatically copy references from the parent world space to the child world space. Never did.

You would need to a create patch file similar to Whiterun/Solitude Exterior that specifically copies references from Tamriel to SolitudeWorld.

Ah, my mistake then. Is there any documentation on creating such a file? Alternatively, is there any way to make the LOD for those references visible even at close range?