Could not determine application mode. Please do not rename executables

ModLad

Question

6 answers to this question

When I try to run DynDOLOD or TexGen via MO2, I get: Could not determine application mode. Please do not rename executables. I'm renaming anything. What's going on?

You have to set the '-sse' (or whatever game(version) you want to run DynDOLOD) argument inside of MO2.

wy8zgv8e.jpg

Edited by PRieST

Ok. I don't know how to upload an image so it went something like this. I established DynDOLOD as an executable on MO2. -sse argument and everything. I click run, and that shows up. I unpacked the zip via Rar Zip Extractor Pro, like I do for all my 7zips.

TexGen too

Hm, ok, the only way I get the same error message is, if I am renaming the DynDOLOD(64).exe to something different and than try to start it via MO2.
But you said you haven't done this, so I couldn' help any further.

Inside the DynDOLOD directory where you unpacked the files are these .exes/files present? (I am using DynDOLOD 3):
huxy7pno.jpg

Use https://imgur.com/upload to upload images. Use https://pastebin.com/ to upload copy/paste text

Always use original 7zip to extract 7z archive.

Read the installation instructions and make sure to install DynDOLOD into a new folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.

Make sure Windows UAV, antivir or other crapware do not prevent access.

If you need additional help with how to add executables to MO dropwdown consult with its documentation or ask question in its support forum/discord.