xLODGEN Output?

ARelic

Hey guys, 

I have ran the xLODGEN several times now and I don't ever get an output folder as mentioned in Step #5 - Wrap Up. It says to "navigate to the xLODGen Output folder (e.g. ..Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\). But the output folder is never there? Everything was going fine until I got to this point, so not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

Thanks for the great work as always, you guys are awesome.

When you added xLODGen64.exe as an executable in MO you should have added an argument -o:"C:\Modding|xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\" if you followed the guide to the letter.

This argument -o:"File path" is what tells the executable where to generate the output folder, so it should be there. You can also change the argument so it generates the output folder where you prefer.

https://imgur.com/lFicLeZ

Edited by Chadric

• 3 years later...

That was not clear, Personally i did not understand that the command should be put in the mod manager. It was written "Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Then install output as a mod.
Do not generate into any game, any mod manager folders or special Windows folder like Program Files x86, Users, Desktop, Documents, Downloads etc." but with no precision where to put the line parmater, i don't know what a line paramater is, so it propably didn't helped, but it could be good to put a precision in the instruction. 

Edited by Lechacalbleu6485

18 hours ago, Lechacalbleu6485 said:

That was not clear, Personally i did not understand that the command should be put in the mod manager. It was written "Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Then install output as a mod.
Do not generate into any game, any mod manager folders or special Windows folder like Program Files x86, Users, Desktop, Documents, Downloads etc." but with no precision where to put the line parmater, i don't know what a line paramater is, so it propably didn't helped, but it could be good to put a precision in the instruction. 

I assume you're talking about the SSE guide, and it's pretty clearly stated:

image.png

... but if you are quoting the xLODGen documentation in the xLODGen OP, then it's 'understood' that you must set this up in your mod manager (Vortex or MO, that is).

• 5 months later...

OK, let's talk about making .bsa files out of the xLODGen output.

Got specific steps with Creation Kit for instance? BAE??? Archive.exe?  whatever...

@z929669 If you never archive your mod, well then what do you do with xlodgen output meshes and textures?

Manually paste the loose files in and let them overwrite? (I am about to after saving off the originals if need to restore.)

I am using Vortex... BTW

MO hates me...

9 minutes ago, Parl said:

OK, let's talk about making .bsa files out of the xLODGen output.

Got specific steps with Creation Kit for instance? BAE??? Archive.exe?  whatever...

@z929669 If you never archive your mod, well then what do you do with xlodgen output meshes and textures?

Manually paste the loose files in and let them overwrite? (I am about to after saving off the originals if need to restore.)

I am using Vortex... BTW

MO hates me...

I use the default xLODGen output location: ..\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output

Then I simply copy move the textures and meshes folders into a mod named "xLODGen Output" for my mod manager loaded at highest priority (except for TexGen and DynDOLOD outputs, which I treat in the same exact manner) ... no archive. It's easier and ensures that all assets override all other conflicting assets.

If you want to package into a Bethesda archive, use BSArchPro, as it's simpler to use than Archive.exe. I don't use BAE, since I haven't had cause to do so. But I see no value at all in using BSA archives for Skyrim. I hear BA2 archives are better for performance in some of the Fallout games, but I don't think it has any bearing for Skyrim or other Bethesda games (but I don't know for certain, since I don't work with other Bethesda games these days).