MO2 not starting. Or is it?

Brotherofcats

Question

Today I decided to revisit Skyrim SE after almost a year hiatus. I had been playing Fallout 4 through MO2 with no problems, running 400+ mods (graphics and ESLs included). I installed a new incidence of MO2 to take the place of MO1 on my J drive (where Skyrim SE resides). For some reason MO2 wouldn't appear. If I click it again a box comes up saying that MO2 is already running, but I never see it. I went ahead and deleted that incidence of MO2 and tried to run it from my L drive (where Fallout 4 lives). I switched it to SkyrimSe and it said it needed to restart. This time the same thing happened. My task manager says the MO2 is running, but nothing shows up. Worse, I can't access Fallout 4. I have over a thousand hours on four and want to continue playing that game. All I wanted to do with Skyrim today was see how many mods I could convert to ESL so I could put in some more. Any advice?

My system is a Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 128 GHZ Ram, 8 core I07 running at 3.5 GHZ (can run faster, but it overheats), twin GTX-1080 cards with 8 GB Vram each, Liquid cooling. I wanted to ruyn the newer system, now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have left Skyrim with MO1.

4 answers to this question

Well, I got it running with SkyrimSE and FAllout 4. That's the good news. The bad is all of my mods for Skyrim are gone. Now I have to reinstall everything, and what was going to be an hour to check something out has turned into 12 or more to reinstall. Will do that in some other month. Too busy right now trying to get a book out.

If you use Mod Organizer 2 in portable mode, you can install as many copies as you want and all your mods are stored directly in Mod Organizer's mods folder.

If you use Mod Organizer 2 in instance mode, you should have only and one copy of Mod Organizer 2 installed, but you can click the first button at the top left to switch between games. All of your mods are stored in %AppData/Local/ModOrganizer. I have no idea what happens if you try to install and run more than one copy of Mod Organizer 2 in instance mode.

The Mod Organizer 2 devs prefer and recommend using instance mode, but I continue using portable mode because I think it's more flexible and allows me to easily backup/restore/duplicate just by copying the Mod Organizer folder.

Hi all, am returning to modding after a long break. And have a problem which I can't figure out.

I must have installed MO2 several years ago when Skyrim SE was still on a different drive.

I did a clean install today but there must be some remnant being picked up by MO2 as it auto assigning my old drive location and telling me it can't be reached.

Where can I adjust the drive location manually for MO2 to see the correct path?

Thanks.

Edited by Ogham

Hi all, am returning to modding after a long break. And have a problem which I can't figure out.

I must have installed MO2 several years ago when Skyrim SE was still on a different drive.

I did a clean install today but there must be some remnant being picked up by MO2 as it auto assigning my old drive location and telling me it can't be reached.

Where can I adjust the drive location manually for MO2 to see the correct path?

Thanks.

Nevermind, temporarily created the old drive location again to enable MO2 to start up and allow me to assign the new locations in the settings menu.

Edited by Ogham