Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that your install is in a protected folder region (IE, C:/Program Files) where UAC tends to be a bit of a pain. Where do you have the game and tools installed to?

I had a tough time finding a clear answer to where I ought to install based on my system specs even after watching vids from Gopher, GamerPoets, Phoenix, etc., so I took my best shot and I have my installed mods in a folder in the /common folder of Steam on my SSD but my mod download folder and almost all of my modding utilities are on a storage HDD.

Edited by alphakay1488

Also: If a mod is already flagged as an esl when it's downloaded, but doesn't have the blue tag in the guide indicating "This tag indicates mods whose ESPs can be safely flagged as an esl to help furthur reduce the overall plugin count.", does the esl flag need to be removed from that mod, or is that tag only on non-esl mods which can safely have it added?

Edited by alphakay1488

I have two questions: first, is there any way to manually rearrange your merges in zMerge? I've gotten a weird error that I've solved by deleting and recreating a number of my merges and now they're all out of alphabetical order and it's a pain to scroll through and find them when rebuilding.

Second, Lexy, I noticed that you added (?) a "Landscape" group to the LOOT groups, which I did not have before and had to create (I had a cyclic interaction and saw that that was the issue). Where in the LOOT group setup should that go, if anywhere? I did not see it explained anywhere in the Prerequisites section on LOOT nor is it elaborated on in the Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods part of the main guide nor the Trees and Flora Merged part of the merge page (those are the two mods in the group). As of now I've got it floating off all by itself, unattached to any other groups, but it solved my cyclical problem anyways. Or has that Landscape group just been there and I've missed it this whole time.

How do you remove a mod from a group? I assume that's what I need to do for Better Dynamic Snow.

If you mean what I think you mean, in LOOT, under the metadata tab, change the group from whatever Better Dynamic Snow is in to "default."

Edited by BurdenCarrier444

Also: If a mod is already flagged as an esl when it's downloaded, but doesn't have the blue tag in the guide indicating "This tag indicates mods whose ESPs can be safely flagged as an esl to help furthur reduce the overall plugin count.", does the esl flag need to be removed from that mod, or is that tag only on non-esl mods which can safely have it added?

if a mod is already flagged as an esl you can keep it that way.

I have two questions: first, is there any way to manually rearrange your merges in zMerge? I've gotten a weird error that I've solved by deleting and recreating a number of my merges and now they're all out of alphabetical order and it's a pain to scroll through and find them when rebuilding.

Second, Lexy, I noticed that you added (?) a "Landscape" group to the LOOT groups, which I did not have before and had to create (I had a cyclic interaction and saw that that was the issue). Where in the LOOT group setup should that go, if anywhere? I did not see it explained anywhere in the Prerequisites section on LOOT nor is it elaborated on in the Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods part of the main guide nor the Trees and Flora Merged part of the merge page (those are the two mods in the group). As of now I've got it floating off all by itself, unattached to any other groups, but it solved my cyclical problem anyways. Or has that Landscape group just been there and I've missed it this whole time.

If you mean what I think you mean, in LOOT, under the metadata tab, change the group from whatever Better Dynamic Snow is in to "default."

the Landscape Group wasn't added by me it was a new group added by LOOT; update your Masterlist and it should appear.

If I wanted to add the Hunting Grounds Outfit (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3914?tab=files) or any other additional armor mod, what would I have to look at to make it compatible with this mod list --- to make something similar to your consistency patches you have for the other armor mods.

you would need to use the CK to Add the proper KYE, WACCF Keywords. you can Use xEdit to adjust armour rating to the better fit WACCF and ACE to.

Thanks Lexy! :)

So, new question... I'm at the part in the guide where you coc places and test the game. However, whenever I coc, I get teleported into the ground of some hallucinogenic world.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/XS8B671

It's weird because I'll coc the screen will load and it will say I discovered the shrine... but I'm just stuck in the ground in this one spot I originally was and don't teleport anywhere.

[EDIT] Discovered this is caused by coc'ing while on horseback.

Edited by Lightsourced

I had a tough time finding a clear answer to where I ought to install based on my system specs even after watching vids from Gopher, GamerPoets, Phoenix, etc., so I took my best shot and I have my installed mods in a folder in the /common folder of Steam on my SSD but my mod download folder and almost all of my modding utilities are on a storage HDD.

OK, so that is part of the problem. I'll try to make this as clear as I can, using my own setup as an example:

STEAM - Should be installed in it's own folder, outside of any UAC protected areas. (C:/Steam, in my case).

SKYRIM - Installed in the normal Steam location.

TOOLS - Away from UAC controls, and NOT in the same folders as Steam. For each tool, a new folder inside that tools folder. (C:/Tools/ModOrganizer2, C:/Tools/xLODGEN, etc).

They should all be on the same drive as well - I've seen a few people try to split things as you have, and I don't think it's gone well for a one of them. It'll take some time, but you need to reorganize your file structure to get it all to play correctly.

[EDIT] Discovered this is caused by coc'ing while on horseback.

I had a moment kind of like this yesterday with ENB acting up... something that is obvious in hindsight, but frustrating as anything when you did it. Chip up - you're almost there...

Then the REAL game starts... updates and more mods, of course. You didn't think I meant Skyrim, did you?

OK, so that is part of the problem. I'll try to make this as clear as I can, using my own setup as an example:

STEAM - Should be installed in it's own folder, outside of any UAC protected areas. (C:/Steam, in my case).

TOOLS - Away from UAC controls, and NOT in the same folders as Steam. For each tool, a new folder inside that tools folder. (C:/Tools/ModOrganizer2, C:/Tools/xLODGEN, etc).

Thank for trying to help, and I know no one owes anyone anything, but if you'd be willing to help more in-depth, maybe you'd be open to PM so I don't clutter the message board?  (E.g. I don't know what UAC is, mopy/WryeBash is a tool but we are explicitly told in the guide to put it in the SSE folder,; I have tools set up like you describe* but on a different drive is that okay *except WryeBash as mentioned, the Merge page mentions using "Merge Plugins hide" but I can't find on the guide or in the Goog/YT what the author means, how to do that, etc.)  And probably 10000 more.

Or, on the opposite end of the spectrum, should I just take the 95% solution and not worry about it as long as I'm not crashing since v5/v20 is on the horizon anyway?  Honestly my first few hundred Oldrim hours were with 0 mods or maybe like up to 5, I didn't know what the nexus was or mod organizer, and since then I've spent orders of magnitude more time trying to mod than actually playing, and I've yet to play SE.

I get that fora like these are really about people exchanging ideas, helping one another out, etc., and I am acutely aware that I'm really only asking for help without being able to help others in return, and I appreciate being allowed to stick around and the generosity from folks in this community.

Edited by alphakay1488

They should all be on the same drive as well - I've seen a few people try to split things as you have, and I don't think it's gone well for a one of them. It'll take some time, but you need to reorganize your file structure to get it all to play correctly.

I had a moment kind of like this yesterday with ENB acting up... something that is obvious in hindsight, but frustrating as anything when you did it. Chip up - you're almost there...

Then the REAL game starts... updates and more mods, of course. You didn't think I meant Skyrim, did you?

lol yea... this is actually my update... I was finally playing.. but I really wanted that Immersive Horse life and realized I had never performed that statue check... so here we goooo! lol

Edited by Lightsourced