Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

An update on my CTD issue. After getting it to load last night by removing Obsidian's esp from the merge, I tried rebuilding the merge with a freshly downloaded copy of obsidian and got the crashes again. My previous fix of removing obsidian from the merge didn't seem to work this time. I tried various things but to no avail. I was convinced it had to be the weather system merge but then I tried disabling everything that I did during final step, bash patch, zpatch, smash patch, even dyndolod and lodgen stuff and re-enabled the esps that were disabled by bash patch. Basically resetting to the point right before the finish line. And to my surprise it's able to load with the merge patch and all. So now I come to the conclusion that I must have screwed up somewhere in the finish line and caused some sort of conflict between the merge and one of the files generated during that section. I'm going to try and start the finish line section over and see if I can get it right this time.

There's another Gamwich mod we aren't using and what a difference it makes: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68561

That isn't even in Darth's guide for some reason, there must be an alternative there but this one sure beats Vivid Landscapes, which is the mod that's winning most related conflicting textures.

Rustic Word Walls 2K:                            Vivid (guide):

ScreenShot249.pngScreenShot248.png

Which do you like better?

OK I finally figured out what was causing my CTDs. Of all things it was Relinker. After redoing the finish line section I was still getting crashes so I started disabling the various things from that section 1 at at time starting with the last step and working backward. Once I disabled the files from Relinker output I was able to get to the menu with everything else active. Not sure where to go from here though. Running Relinker again doesn't seem to fix it.

Which do you like better?

Rustic for sure. It seems to have much finer grain and stands a greater zoom in, and word walls of all textures in game are constantly being zoomed in. On this particular texture, Vivid seems to be tiling quite a bit and the coarse shadows are possibly a low-res normal texture.

Rustic for sure. It seems to have much finer grain and stands a greater zoom in, and word walls of all textures in game are constantly being zoomed in. On this particular texture, Vivid seems to be tiling quite a bit and the coarse shadows are possibly a low-res normal texture.

I agree.

I agree.

e65eca33fccae5c23b28526607d71803.png

OK I finally figured out what was causing my CTDs. Of all things it was Relinker. After redoing the finish line section I was still getting crashes so I started disabling the various things from that section 1 at at time starting with the last step and working backward. Once I disabled the files from Relinker output I was able to get to the menu with everything else active. Not sure where to go from here though. Running Relinker again doesn't seem to fix it.

Are you running version 40 of Relinker? The guide does have a notice on it. Version 44 causes crashes for a lot of people.

• +1 1

e65eca33fccae5c23b28526607d71803.png

Are you running version 40 of Relinker? The guide does have a notice on it. Version 44 causes crashes for a lot of people.

Oh. My. God. When I saw this my first thought was: Yeah I saw the notice and downloaded 40. I very specifically remember doing that. But in the interest of being thorough I went to check. Yep it's 44. Facepalm. Deleting the current stuff and downloading the version 40. Will let you know if that helps. Thanks, If no one had asked I'd have gone on assuming I was using the correct version.

Here is a mod that is essential for legacy playthroughs: Quest Conflict Fixes. Cleans up issues that could result in players not being able to collect various items caused by certain quests causing conflicts. One such example is Bolar's Oathblade found in Bloated Man's Grotto but becomes an unobtainable item once Hircein's starts.

Edited by InstantKor

There's another Gamwich mod we aren't using and what a difference it makes: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68561

That isn't even in Darth's guide for some reason, there must be an alternative there but this one sure beats Vivid Landscapes, which is the mod that's winning most related conflicting textures.

Rustic Word Walls 2K:                            Vivid (guide):

ScreenShot249.pngScreenShot248.png

I didn't even realize there was a Rustic Word Wall. Well, it's Rustic its Gamwich it is going in. I'll add to the  Trello board so I don't forget it.

• +1 1

Here is a mod that is essential for legacy playthroughs: Quest Conflict Fixes. Cleans up issues that could result in players not being able to collect various items caused by certain quests causing conflicts. One such example is Bolar's Oathblade found in Bloated Man's Grotto but becomes an unobtainable item once Hircein's starts.

I have added this to the Trello board so either I or the DEV team will get to it at some point. So many mods to test so little time to test them.

Really stumped and frustrated with the DynDOLOD crashing--nothing had changed with it for quite a few hours, but near as I can tell now the issue is that some nif mesh it looped in is probably bogus and it only crashes at particular cells where that mesh would've been called upon.  Actually troubleshooting that seems like a nightmare, though--especially since there's a 30+ minute build time for any iteration of DynDOLOD generation, as opposed to just enabling/disabling esp files or digging into xEdit.  If all else fails, I can just stop using DynDOLOD, but it's aggravating to only start having issues with it after probably 15+ hours with no incidents.

Well, it's Rustic its Gamwich it is going in.

This is pretty much my reasoning for his work as well - he's got a great touch and aesthetic with these textures, and it's hard to say someone else's work is better.

I wasn't aware that things like problem were a thing... mental note to add this in (and hope I haven't already missed something as a result...)

This is pretty much my reasoning for his work as well - he's got a great touch and aesthetic with these textures, and it's hard to say someone else's work is better.

Agreed Gamhich is one of those modders that when you see a new mod upload you install and don't really need to even test it. like for instant Rustic frostbite spiders (do we really want the spiders to look scarier) anyway that will be going in at some point.