Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I keep running across the occasional dragon (maybe one out of 4) who seems to be completely impervious to all damage and able to one shot me with any of it's attacks (breath, unrelenting force, melee), despite being 30+ levels below me. 

I've tried arrows, blades, unarmed, and magic when this happens but they seem to be immune to everything.

Am I missing something, or am I bugged in some way?

I keep running across the occasional dragon (maybe one out of 4) who seems to be completely impervious to all damage and able to one shot me with any of it's attacks (breath, unrelenting force, melee), despite being 30+ levels below me. 

I've tried arrows, blades, unarmed, and magic when this happens but they seem to be immune to everything.

Am I missing something, or am I bugged in some way?

that sound like there could be a issue or a bug with KS Dragon Overhaul.

Might try reinstalling SKSE scripts and binaries. Check if it's the latest version. Maybe also try reinstalling SkyUI. Also, if using Windows 10, check if your dll's aren't being blocked by the OS. I read about a problem where Windows blocks certain downloaded executables from running and the way to fix this, but didn't need it myself and I can't find it now... Claralux doesn't have MCM and Convenient Horses, if I recall, doesn't fire right out of the box, it takes a while for a quest to start where you gradually unlock its functionality.

In Skyrim LE CLARALUX does have a MCM, so I am assuming it still does in the SE version. And Convenient Horses starts once you mount a horse for the first time. However it is not starting at all for me.

I have Skyrim and MO2 and steam installed on a separate hardrive then the OS is on. So the OS shouldn't be interfering with it at all.

I will try to reinstall SkyUI and skse though. I don't remember seeing anthing about binaries. unless it's all included in skse and I just never noticed.

Edited by BlackJackal

@BlackJackal Might I suggest *cringe*, now that you have a better idea of what you are doing, that you scrap everything and start from scratch. Yes it is a pain, but we have all done it many times and you have the worst part (downloading all the files) already done. Secondly; don't worry about Convenient Horses, Lexy is going to be replacing it in her next update.

Well I found out I didnt properly extract the BSAs for alot of the mods that required it, so I'm hoping that will fix most of the issues. As for convenient horses, idk if I can get ride of it. I love the mod. What could possibly replace it? Also I lost 1/2 my mod downloads Durning a botched MO2 installation so I'll still have to re download them if I start over. :(

Actually, CLARLUX doesn't have an MCM in SEE. From the Mod page:

• Q: How do I configure my lights? There is no book or spell and SSE doesn't have MCM!
  • A: The CLARALUX Testing Facility can be found near the exit of Riverwood towards Whiterun.
Also, iHud has the name Immersive Hud in the MCM, so maybe you didn't notice it, happened to me too at first.

FISSES - I don't really understand what it does, so I have no idea if it works or not for me.

I did find the testing facility, but I must have missed the fact the SSE version didn't have an MCM. Thanks.

FISS is supposed to allow you to save MCM options and settings for all mods you have installed as presets so you don't have to go through all theCM menues and reset them every time for every mod when you start a new game.

Edited by BlackJackal

In Skyrim LE CLARALUX does have a MCM, so I am assuming it still does in the SE version. And Convenient Horses starts once you mount a horse for the first time. However it is not starting at all for me.

I have Skyrim and MO2 and steam installed on a separate hardrive then the OS is on. So the OS shouldn't be interfering with it at all.

I will try to reinstall SkyUI and skse though. I don't remember seeing anthing about binaries. unless it's all included in skse and I just never noticed.

As stated Claralux has no MCM in SSE, the Testing Facility takes its place.

It doesn't matter what drive your OS or game is on.  Windows can still block it, it's a feature of Smartscreen which was introduced and forced on in the Spring Update 1803.  Also users have reported `Windows Defender and/or Firewall blocking some programs from running also.

~EDIT~  Oops, in the words of Gilda Radner's Emily Litella, "Never mind".

Edited by Kneph13

As stated Claralux has no MCM in SSE, the Testing Facility takes its place.

It doesn't matter what drive your OS or game is on.  Windows can still block it, it's a feature of Smartscreen which was introduced and forced on in the Spring Update 1803.  Also users have reported `Windows Defender and/or Firewall blocking some programs from running also.

How do I find out if the OS or Windows Defender or firewall is blocking a required program?

Well I found out I didnt properly extract the BSAs for alot of the mods that required it, so I'm hoping that will fix most of the issues. As for convenient horses, idk if I can get ride of it. I love the mod. What could possibly replace it? Also I lost 1/2 my mod downloads Durning a botched MO2 installation so I'll still have to re download them if I start over. :(

I did find the testing facility, but I must have missed the fact the SSE version didn't have an MCM. Thanks.

FISS is supposed to allow you to save MCM options and settings for all mods you have installed as presets so you don't have to go through all theCM menues and reset them every time for every mod when you start a new game.

FISS Only SAVE MCMS if the mod itself supports FISS and the only one currently in the guide that does that is A Matter of Time.

Ok, well I didn't know they changed the starting peramiters for convenient horses. That sucks. and why have fiss then if it it only works for 1 mod currently? Unless it has other functions I am missing.

FISS is required by Mod authors that Offer preset options in there MCMs so i think Tocatta might require FISS as well (can't check)

that sound like there could be a issue or a bug with KS Dragon Overhaul.

Apparently it's a bug in KS Dragons - if you don't kill a Dragon when you first meet it, then leave and come back, it's stats get doubled and this can happen repeatedly, so you end up with unkillable Dragons who can one-shot you with all their attacks. Author is aware.

Apparently it's a bug in KS Dragons - if you don't kill a Dragon when you first meet it, then leave and come back, it's stats get doubled and this can happen repeatedly, so you end up with unkillable Dragons who can one-shot you with all their attacks. Author is aware.

interesting sound like she needs the double Perk fix from SSE Engines fix but for Dragons (Not sure how easy that would be implement)

How do I find out if the OS or Windows Defender or firewall is blocking a required program?

If Smartscreen blocks it you "typically" get a message stating so, not always.  Best thing is to turn Smartscreen off.  If you suspect Windows Defender or Firewall are blocking a program just make exceptions/rules for them in each program.  Google is your friend if you don't know how.