Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi everyone,

I have reached the "staff of Indarys" quest from LOTD. According to the quest, I must catch the Khajit caravan in Falkreath. However there is no Khajit caravan in Falkreath.

From my Oldrim build (Darth' guide), I remember clearly that the caravan was just outside the Falkreath inn.

I don't know if

1) the caravan has been moved maybe?

2) it is a patch that needs (re)installing

3) this something that was fixed in LOTD 4.0 (my playthrough is 3+ weeks old, still running with LOTD 3.7).

Hi everyone,

I have reached the "staff of Indarys" quest from LOTD. According to the quest, I must catch the Khajit caravan in Falkreath. However there is no Khajit caravan in Falkreath.

From my Oldrim build (Darth' guide), I remember clearly that the caravan was just outside the Falkreath inn.

I don't know if

3) this something that was fixed in LOTD 4.0 (my playthrough is 3+ weeks old, still running with LOTD 3.7).

I've not yet gone beyond the initial LoTD quests, and am unable to help.  Check LoTD's ChangeLogs to see if any changes address what you've seen.  Also, search LoTD's forums.

Edited by Decopauge123

I have no idea what I did but my installation caused the game to lag horribly.  It took over three minutes for Skyrim to boot.  I ripped it out and am starting over.   Not sure if my specs are to blame or not.

Intel® Core I7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80Ghz

16 GB Ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 Gb VRAM

Windows 10.1

It's not unusual on first start up with the whole mod list installed for it to take quite some time to load. 3 mins is longish, but doesn't surprise me. You have everything starting up and loading on first boot. Once it's all initialized future boots will be quicker.

I don't have any insights into in-game lag, but your loadup time is not entirely unusual. Three to Five minutes is completely normal for me to boot up Skyrim (and I have what I consider to be a pretty beastly system). That's not a first time thing, that's EVERY time (if I crash to desktop and have to reload, it's somewhat shortened, two or three minutes). I record my sessions, so I know exactly how long it takes (as I have to cut that loadup time off during editing). Granted I use an older version of the guide, so take this with a grain of salt. But I wouldn't necessarily stress about it taking a while to boot up (in-game lag is a different story).

Hi everyone,

I don't know if

Caravan is outside the main "gates" of the city, right next to the normal travel caravan, if that helps.

Edited by Kal

General Stores - Auto Sorting Cloud Storage Resource for packrats SE Convert would be (I think) a perfect compliment to Legacy of the Dragonborn and this Build.  I amwas (I don't play SkyrimLE anymore) a longtime user of the SkyrimLE version (General Stores - storage resource for packrats) and already plan on installing this mod (and some mods that need it) after this Build stabilizes.  This is a very brief description of what General Stores can do.

General Stores adds a cloud storage layer to Skyrim. 12 Primary Storage Lockers provide secure, cross-mod storage, accessible through a wide variety of highly automated and attractive activators. These activators function just like regular chests in-game, with many styles to fit any decor and playing style. Whether you want OCD levels of dedicated containers, a single auto sort chest, or even a fully outfitted underground storage room, General Stores has you covered.

I invite you to read the full General Stores mod description to get a better understanding of this mod, the services it provides and it's capabilities.  Find out how you'll be able to access the cloud storage from anywhere in Skyrim.

Edited by Decopauge123

Another mod to consider to put into this guide: "Automatic Item Storage". I included this mod in my Miscellaneous Merged plugin and it's just working great. If i could endorse this mod 10 times i would

General Stores adds a cloud storage layer to Skyrim.

Legacy has "remote access spells" (toggle in MCM menu) that let you access the supply containers and the closet in the museum safehouse. You can store and retrieve anything from anywhere.

I'd still recommend caution with auto-sorting scripts of any kind (including legacy's, they do have the same recommendation). Auto-sorting is pretty script-intensive and this build is already heavy on scripts.

At some point I ported Dynamic Things from classic Skyrim and used it, also seemed flawless, but then I thought I could do without all those dynamic scripts firing like crazy whenever I got somewhere full of clutter crates, straw bales and piles of wood. For the same reason I'm not using SAFO's option to dynamically replace/remove food from the world.

Edited by godescalcus

Legacy has "remote access spells" (toggle in MCM menu) that let you access the supply containers and the closet in the museum safehouse. You can store and retrieve anything from anywhere.

I'd still recommend caution with auto-sorting scripts of any kind (including legacy's, they do have the same recommendation). Auto-sorting is pretty script-intensive and this build is already heavy on scripts.

At some point I ported Dynamic Things from classic Skyrim and used it, also seemed flawless, but then I thought I could do without all those dynamic scripts firing like crazy whenever I got somewhere full of clutter crates, straw bales and piles of wood. For the same reason I'm not using SAFO's option to dynamically replace/remove food from the world.

Oh, I wasn't aware that LoTD has "remote access spells".  ::): :thumbsup:

Been testing out latest XP32 skeleton along with Racemenu with a fixed skee.dll I compiled using the pull request source on the github and have had 0 issues so far, once Expired official updates the skse64 plugins with the fix I think the combo will be a contender to add to the guide. Its sooooo nice having styles back. With that and Dual Sheath Redux with a patched skyproc I recently added, the list of things my SE is missing is getting smaller and smaller, hooray!

Caravan is outside the main "gates" of the city, right next to the normal travel caravan, if that helps.

It helped in that I am now 100% sure that the caravan is definitely not in Falkreath, so thank you ;)

I was actually looking at the wrong forums (LOTD ones), the answer was in the Moonpath to Elsweyr forums and patch mod page (Unofficial Moonpath to Elsweyr patch):

"It also prevents the quest from starting and the Khajiit from spawning until "The Way of the Voice" has been completed, as the NPCs in Moonpath repeatedly refer to the player as "Dovahkiin"

My character is no Dragonborn material, I have completely ignored the main quest.

Mystery solved :)

Edited by B00mer9

Been testing out latest XP32 skeleton along with Racemenu with a fixed skee.dll I compiled using the pull request source on the github and have had 0 issues so far, once Expired official updates the skse64 plugins with the fix I think the combo will be a contender to add to the guide. Its sooooo nice having styles back. With that and Dual Sheath Redux with a patched skyproc I recently added, the list of things my SE is missing is getting smaller and smaller, hooray!

I have a ported Racemenu but I can't change my height :/

Lexy or others,

Giving you guide a go, just finished merging, but damn so many plugins lol  I thought i was mod crazy before, but never gotten this close to a mod limit.

I didnt download a small handful of some of the listed items, and a few things I swapped out for preference but got what i could to line up so the end result is right around the count your guide 100% would have had.

My question is...  Is there anything NOT discussed in the merge section that still could be merged?  Some Id like too, sadly cant be done safely (like all arthmoons town changes) but at a glace i can see some maybes but wanted to first get any ideas from the author and the users.