Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Is anyone else having problems generating DynDOLOD output with the latest Build?

I've tried 3 times to generate it: each time I generate TexGen64, start DynDOLOD and at some point it starts endlessly displaying error messages that seem to be in a relatively short cycle.  As you can see from the screenshot I took this last attempt was at almost 19 minutes into generating DynDOLOD, after spewing out messages for more thna 2 minutes.  It goes on for what seems to be forever, and each time I got tired of waiting for it to stop and killed it with Task Manager.

I've reinstalled DynDOLOD Resources and Standalone, and get the same error messages.  I thought about checking "Generate Dyndolod" in the Options panel, but the DynDOLOD's configuration/execution directions say to not check it.

I've never had any major problems generating DynDOLOD before while following this Build.

I'm not trying to generate Ultra trees.  I skip the "Setting Up DynDOLOD for Ultra Trees" directions for configuring that.

My Modwat.ch is current.  I have unchecked the Great Equalizer, FNIS Output, zPatch and Bashed Patch while trying to generating DynDOLOD.

I'm open to suggestions.

Before anyone asks, I using DynDOLOD64.  I re-posted because it went past 15 minutes for editing.

Edited by Decopauge123

@filiusDei, You haven't added any mods not included in the guide have you?  Did you follow the instructions at the bottom of the guide reference removing items from the CR Patch files?  I cannot teach you how to use SSE Edit in this forum, you will have to watch videos on it and learn otherwise.

The only other suggestion I can give you at this point is to remove Sofia from your load order and start a new game.

Before anyone asks, I using DynDOLOD64.  I re-posted because it went past 15 minutes for editing.

I think I'm seeing the same, lots of error messages (mostly missing textures) and it seems to freeze at some point between 12 minutes and 19 minutes. But I let it run and eventually it will update, open new console windows for the many worldspaces I have, and finish successfully after about 38 minutes. Never had that before, but it still succeeds.

I'm now using a "power-combo" of lods, ultra quality terrain lods generated by xLODGen (updated recently by Sheson and Zilav and, as usual, very well suported) followed by DynDOLOD for extra and dynamic distant objects. If you think 38 minutes for DynDOLOD is too much, get ready... xLODGen takes over 1h30min with my build and quality specs, and that's only terrain lod, no trees or objects (DynDOLOD takes care of those)...

I think I'm seeing the same, lots of error messages (mostly missing textures) and it seems to freeze at some point between 12 minutes and 19 minutes. But I let it run and eventually it will update, open new console windows for the many worldspaces I have, and finish successfully after about 38 minutes. Never had that before, but it still succeeds.

I'm now using a "power-combo" of lods, ultra quality terrain lods generated by xLODGen (updated recently by Sheson and Zilav and, as usual, very well suported) followed by DynDOLOD for extra and dynamic distant objects. If you think 38 minutes for DynDOLOD is too much, get ready... xLODGen takes over 1h30min with my build and quality specs, and that's only terrain lod, no trees or objects (DynDOLOD takes care of those)...

LOL, initially I stopped generating Ultra Tree because I didn't want/need all the far-off-eye-candy.  Then, before the latest update, I started setting DynDOLOD texture to 256.  I wanted my eye-candy to be more of the up-close variety.  I finally got a screen-shot of the first instance of the error messages (2nd screen shot).  It starts while DymDOLOD processes BSHeartland.esm.  Ah well.   Guess I'll let it run.  Thanks, godescalus!  ::): :thumbsup:

LOL, initially I stopped generating Ultra Tree because I didn't want/need all the far-off-eye-candy.  Then, before the latest update, I started setting DynDOLOD texture to 256.  I wanted my eye-candy to be more of the up-close variety.  I finally got a screen-shot of the first instance of the error messages (2nd screen shot).  It starts while DynDOLOD processes BSHeartland.esm.  Ah well.   Guess I'll let it run.  Thanks, godescalus!  ::): :thumbsup:

my DynDOLOD run finally completed successfully after 32min 30sec.  The DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt log file is 6,086KB in size and has 65,088 messages that read (in part) "... Generate tree LOD for this load order".

It's definitely Sofia in my case. Don't ask me why, the mod has not caused any issues before... but there are no more CTDs as soon as I deactivate it

Have you made any changes to loot rules other than those in the guide? And have you removed/not installed any mod that's being used by the guide's custom "load after" rules? Try comparing your load order with Lexy's (if you read a few posts back you'll find a reference to it, I can't help you more because never used it myself). But it's possible that when you remove a mod your "conflict-resolved" load order gets scrambled next time you run LOOT.

Also what Lexy said before. If you're using Sofia the BSA version you may have any mod's loose files overriding assets, regardless of left pane placement. If that's the case you can extract and check for asset conflicts.

All these weapons are coming from...Bruma!  :;):

Thank you for the reply! I did  a quick search online and indeed it is meant to be that way. It looks like each new Beyond skyrim region will add its own version of the base game weapons and armor. I can live with that :)

@filiusDei, You haven't added any mods not included in the guide have you?  Did you follow the instructions at the bottom of the guide reference removing items from the CR Patch files?  I cannot teach you how to use SSE Edit in this forum, you will have to watch videos on it and learn otherwise.

The only other suggestion I can give you at this point is to remove Sofia from your load order and start a new game.

I have, but only some small mods like Quick Loot, Blacksmith Forge Water Fix or People are Strangers. TK Dodge is the biggest mod I've added, but all those are not overwriting any files in the mod order and there is no conflict in SSEEdit (I've checked via show conflict losers).

And yes, I was exactley following the instructions of Report Masters Script at the bottom of the guide and have found out all all form ids that are still linked to Sofia's esp. I've removed all of them in Sofia's esp, but when I click on Apply script and report masters, I can still select Sofia. Is it normal? This here is the current result of the script:

Selected masters are required by the following records and elements:

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 68, Elapsed Time: 00:03

Edit: There's still the flag that Followers and NPCs - Conflict Resolution is missing Sofia's master, as soon as I deactivate the mod (Sofia)

Edited by filiusDei

Have you made any changes to loot rules other than those in the guide? And have you removed/not installed any mod that's being used by the guide's custom "load after" rules? Try comparing your load order with Lexy's (if you read a few posts back you'll find a reference to it, I can't help you more because never used it myself). But it's possible that when you remove a mod your "conflict-resolved" load order gets scrambled next time you run LOOT.

Also what Lexy said before. If you're using Sofia the BSA version you may have any mod's loose files overriding assets, regardless of left pane placement. If that's the case you can extract and check for asset conflicts.

I'm currently not using those:

Point The Way

Unique Border Gates SE

--> Point The Way.esp - Load After UniqueBorderGates-All.esp

Weather Systems Merged

--> IcePenguinWorldMap.esp - Load After Weather Systems Merged.esp

Darkwater Crossing

Dawnstar

Dragon Bridge

Helarchen Creek

Ivarstead

Karthwasten

Keld-Nar

Kynesgrove

Shor's Stone

Soljund's Sinkhole

Whistling Mine

--> Load After Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Expanded Towns and Cities (SSE)

ETaC - Riverwood.esp - Load After Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

ETaC - Riverwood.esp - Load After 3DNPCs.esp

ETaC - Riverwood.esp - Load After Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods.esp

Hunterborn

--> MrissiTailOfTroubles.esp - Load After Hunterborn.esp

Undeath Remastered - Classical Lichdom

--> Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp - Load After UndeathClassicalLichdom SSE.esp

Vigor

--> Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp - Load After Vigor - Combat and Injuries (SE).esp

I'll compare my load order with Lexy's, thanks for the advice!