Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Thanks a gazillion times for this incredibly detailed mod guide. I can't wait to get to play at the end.

I am, however, getting an error, trying to merge the "AAE Patches Merged" pack. Specifically, on the LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp

The error is, as shown:

[spoiler=here]Checking for errors in Lexys LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp
EncTrollFrost "Frost Troll" [NPC_:00023ABB]
NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> Found a LVLN reference, expected: PACK
EncTroll "Troll" [NPC_:00023ABA]
All done!

Running the plugin through an error check in xEdit, also shows that same error:

[spoiler=xEdit error]Checking for Errors in [0A] Lexys LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp
[00:00] EncTroll "Troll" [NPC_:00023ABA]
[00:00] NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> Found a LVLN reference, expected: PACK
[00:00] EncTrollFrost "Frost Troll" [NPC_:00023ABB]
[00:00] NPC_ \ Packages \ PKID - Package -> Found a LVLN reference, expected: PACK
[00:00] All Done!

Not sure what went wrong there. I'm using the latest version of the plugin (version 1.0, uploaded 15 Feb 2018, 9:42AM), located here

If I can provide any more details, do let me know :)
Hope someone can help, and again, thanks a ton for the guide.

Thanks a gazillion times for this incredibly detailed mod guide. I can't wait to get to play at the end.

I am, however, getting an error, trying to merge the "AAE Patches Merged" pack. Specifically, on the LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp

The error is, as shown:

[spoiler=here]Checking for errors in Lexys LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp

EncTrollFrost "Frost Troll" [NPC_:00023ABB]

EncTroll "Troll" [NPC_:00023ABA]

All done!

Running the plugin through an error check in xEdit, also shows that same error:

[spoiler=xEdit error]Checking for Errors in [0A] Lexys LOTD SE - AAE Patch.esp

[00:00] EncTroll "Troll" [NPC_:00023ABA]

[00:00] EncTrollFrost "Frost Troll" [NPC_:00023ABB]

[00:00] All Done!

Not sure what went wrong there. I'm using the latest version of the plugin (version 1.0, uploaded 15 Feb 2018, 9:42AM), located here

If I can provide any more details, do let me know :)

Hope someone can help, and again, thanks a ton for the guide.

that is likely becuase you went wrong with the animal merged take note of the proper load order for that merge.

that is likely becuase you went wrong with the animal merged take note of the proper load order for that merge.

Hot damn, thank you for the extremely swift response :)

You were right, I rebuilt the Animal pack and now it's fine.

Damn those little devilish details :P

As of v 4.0 of Legacy SE (patches) the navmesh issues with custom DBM patch loadouts should be fixed.

IE: Merging Helgen Reborn and Solitude Skyway patches won't be an issue anymore.

Hey SirJesto,

What changed? (So I know the effective method to fix this kind of issue if I run into it in other areas.)

-Xaxilis

• +1 1

I just want to give you a big thank you for this, now I can have my CACO and eat it, seriously that completes my Kryptopyr mods for this build, now I am really happy ::D:  :thumbsup:  :gnome:

Also Lexy, HPP updated with  stone walls meshes they look great, have a peep.

Thanks Xpander!  When I didn't see any replies, I figured nobody cared.  I'm encouraged  ::):

Xaxilis hi! No don't be discouraged if replies don't come...things move so fast on this guide, questions, replies etc tend to get swallowed at times. I think though, that most people will wait on Lexy's progress, who in turn is waiting on certain authors to finish port their mods to SE...remember the earlier frustrations on having to "fix" authors mods that were ported and not run through CK etc. That's not to say that there isn't people here who are...shall we say, adventurous and more skilled then many others, and will love following the work you have done and posted. Remember too that this guide is a step up in terms of modding for most people, myself included, that doesn't mean that contributions here are not appreciated...so keep it up ::):

• +1 1

Thanks Xpander!  When I didn't see any replies, I figured nobody cared.  I'm encouraged  ::):

Sorry Xaxilis, I did not realize you were posting that for everyone, I thought it was an information post for Lexy and and inquiry about a more direct route to Kryptopyr.  My mistake.  Thank you for your diligence!

~snip~  That's not to say that there isn't people here who are...shall we say, adventurous and more skilled then many others, and will love following the work you have done and posted. Remember too that this guide is a step up in terms of modding for most people, myself included, that doesn't mean that contributions here are not appreciated...so keep it up ::):

I've been doing a lot of reading lately on reddit, discord and other avenues of information regarding modding Skyrim SE and there is one thing I have noticed (also evident on modwat.ch); There are quite a few people, mainly advanced modders, that use this guide and heavily modify it.  They never post here though.  There is a large ghost community concerning this guide and the LE guide as well.

Edited by Kneph13

I'm having some trouble with LOOT.

First, background of the problem:

There are several plugins with user metadata that cannot be cleared. Doing it manually or clearing all data at once is the same result. Does anyone here know if there's a way to start 100% clean with loot, with no previous data?

I tried deleting loot and reinstalling it, but somehow the data remains.

I located LOOT's folder in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\LOOT, and deleted everything there, reinstalled the program and LOOT was back to it's basic form.

I then proceeded to follow the "Idiot check makes sure the following custom Loot User Metadata Rules are done:

After setting all of them up, LOOT reports this error, when I try to sort:

Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Better Dynamic Snow.esp" and "Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp". Back cycle: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp, Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp, Helarchen Creek.esp, Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp, Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Any idea what went wrong there?

I'm having some trouble with LOOT.

First, background of the problem:

There are several plugins with user metadata that cannot be cleared. Doing it manually or clearing all data at once is the same result. Does anyone here know if there's a way to start 100% clean with loot, with no previous data?

I tried deleting loot and reinstalling it, but somehow the data remains.

I located LOOT's folder in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\LOOT, and deleted everything there, reinstalled the program and LOOT was back to it's basic form.

I then proceeded to follow the "Idiot check makes sure the following custom Loot User Metadata Rules are done:

After setting all of them up, LOOT reports this error, when I try to sort:

Cyclic interaction detected between plugins "Better Dynamic Snow.esp" and "Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp". Back cycle: Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp, Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp, Helarchen Creek.esp, Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp, Better Dynamic Snow.esp

Any idea what went wrong there?

I can't identify the exact problem, but from looking at that message, it looks like something (or you did something wrong - easy to do) went wrong with Better Dynamic Snow and your Prometheus No Snow Under the Roof merge.  I'd go back, read the instructions carefully for anything at all to do with Better Dynamic Snow and No Snow Under the Roof and redo that portion of the guide and then try LOOT again.

Edited by Kneph13

I can't identify the exact problem, but from looking at that message, it looks like something (or you did something wrong - easy to do) went wrong with Better Dynamic Snow and your Prometheus No Snow Under the Roof merge.  I'd go back, read the instructions carefully for anything at all to do with Better Dynamic Snow and No Snow Under the Roof and redo that portion of the guide and then try LOOT again.

I'll try reinstalling them, doing the conversion process again, on both plugins, and then rebuild the snow merge.

I've had some problems with the CK not wanting to save the plugins.

If I point it to the Mo2 mods folder, it'll return an invalid folder error. If I try to save in the regular Data folder, it'll return "is master or in use" error (I assume, because MO2 is running).

I'll try reinstalling them, doing the conversion process again, on both plugins, and then rebuild the snow merge.

I've had some problems with the CK not wanting to save the plugins.

If I point it to the Mo2 mods folder, it'll return an invalid folder error. If I try to save in the regular Data folder, it'll return "is master or in use" error (I assume, because MO2 is running).

You shouldn't have to point the CK to anything.  Open it from within MO, select the esp you want to convert and make it active, then put a check in it's masters listed in the panel on the upper right, click ok and let it run. clear all the error messages and then click save. Close the CK. You are done.

Edited by Kneph13

You shouldn't have to point the CK to anything.  Open it from within MO, select the esp you want to convert and make it active, then put a check in it's masters listed in the panel on the upper right, click ok and let it run. clear all the error messages and then click save. Close the CK. You are done.

Yeah, that's how it worked every time I converted a regular .esp, but after ESMifying it in wrye bash, as the guide suggests, that is the process. A master file cannot be selected as the active file.

Edit: I think I've been an idiot. I'm supposed to ESMify Better Dynamic Snow and No snow under the roof, to convert the Better Dynamic Snow - NSUTR Patch.esp. Not to convert dynamic snow and no snow under the roof directly.

Bah

Long lasting brain fart.

Edited by Larsjex