Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

It's all good, after looking it over it doesn't look like it'll take much to record the changes. The only real hiccup is redoing the merges that are affected and even that's not too bad. Looks like only RS Children merge, YOT merge, and Weather merge.

Yes RS children is a little different now have to extract the BSA's and pull the eps into there own folder and merge them that way but leave the asset active in the left pane. So it is the same as the tree and flora merge for example.  I did this so all RS Children patches are merged together which makes more sense than allowing some to be handled by the Bash Patch and others by a merge.

Are we running any mods that alter the way factions react to your actions? I have the Thalmor and certain imperial soldiers instantly attacking me on sight. Dogs, too! Also Talsgar the Wanderer... While other NPC's don't do anything, including guards. All I can think of is that I "accidentally" killed a thalmor officer - I actually guided the patrol to a couple of badass skeletons that were guarding the Wolfskull Cave and the skeletons finished them all save one, then I finished the last skeleton and the last Thalmor was on the ground, clearly injured beyond hope so I gave her the "coup de grace" and looted the whole crowd. There were no witnesses. I have no bounty (I do have that one assault counted on my crime list). Another thing I can relate it to is that I have the Immortal Coil quest active, I have a couple of Talos letters to deliver in Markarth, but I've done it before and I don't remember that making anybody hostile against me. So, what's up? Thalmor, some imperials but not all, dogs and now that wandering bard. How do I fix it? Can't go back to before the assault as that happened way back, might as well start a new game... There should be a way to reset all factions... (edited)

I have been attacking horkers and mudcrabs unprovoked for sword practice... But that shouldn't influence dogs I think! Could ICAIO, Skytest have done something to my factions?
Edited by godescalcus

I was curious if anyone had checked out Luminosity?  It's a lighting mod recommended on the Obsidian Weather & Seasons mod page, and one of the big things it boasts is no flickering; the fast light lantern we use does give me flickering pretty frequently / consistently, so if this mod is able to avoid that there's certainly an appeal there.  It's mostly on my radar since it's suggested in tandem with Obsidian Weather.

Do we have anything addressing murals currently?  Murals That Don't Suck is an oldrim mod that might be worth considering for conversion, as the author recreated much nicer versions of the vanilla murals by hand.

Edited by Baubledorst

godescalcus hi! Well the Thalmor heard that you visited the priest of Talos at the Whiterun shrine, and agreeing with him on his preaching. Not to mention the fact that you proclaimed that you will worship whom you please...Thalmor be damned, and i will wear my Talos amulet.....besides they are the Thalmor..what excuse do they really need?. Shouting in Solitude "Up with the Stormclocks and Ulfric for high king, may have irritated the imperials a wee bit, and as to all that horker meat that you are carrying, it has drawn the attention of the dogs, who have decided Christmas has come early...I'm just saying!!!!!!!  The first thought that came to mind whilst reading your query :bleh:

Hi, berndaroy, and, no, you got it all wrong! It was Daenlyn Oakhollow the innocent bard that I saved from a Thalmor party that sang the wrong tune at the pub, and Zora is the one who carries the horker meat! Anyway, all seems to be well, next Thalmor we found were not acquainted with my friend Daenlyn and actually tasked us with finding some hidden Talos shrine in the forest. Who do they think they are? We'll go find the shrine, of course, but not for them. They are arrogant indeed, but most of all they seem to hold some authority in Skyrim - and that's the one thing I hold against them.

This char has never been one for authority, don't know why. Also not one for BS'ing. Killed the Blackblood Marauders without even pretending to play along (but yeah, did put the lights off, the ship's loot was tempting and the idea wasn't so bad anyway. A week after arriving in Solitude and we're moving somewhere in the world ;)

Edited by godescalcus

Just popping in here to announce my video series on installing the guide in it's entirety has finally been fully uploaded. 24 videos, approximately 14 hours total length. Still one more to do covering the prerequisites section but other than that everything should be covered. I'd also like to thank those who've come to watch the videos, and the ones who've left positive comments about the series. And Lexy for catching my numerous mistakes  ::): 

If anyone wants to see the guide in action I'll be starting a Let's Play in the next few days as well.

• +1 5

Well, it seems I spoke too soon. I'm getting CTD before the main menu. I suck at troubleshooting but I think I've narrowed it down to the Weather Systems Merge (which I rebuilt after the latest update). If I uncheck that (which also means unchecking Lexy's LotD Conflict Resolution.esp and the Smash Patch) I can get to the menu. I'm certain it's the merge though since I tried unchecking the smash by itself, and unchecking the conflict resoltion+Smash and both times still crash. After I rebuild the merge, do I just need to re do the smash patch? Or should I redo the entire finish line section? I also tried sorting the masters again (since I don't think I did that after I updated) but that didn't fix the crash.

Well, it seems I spoke too soon. I'm getting CTD before the main menu. I suck at troubleshooting but I think I've narrowed it down to the Weather Systems Merge (which I rebuilt after the latest update). If I uncheck that (which also means unchecking Lexy's LotD Conflict Resolution.esp and the Smash Patch) I can get to the menu. I'm certain it's the merge though since I tried unchecking the smash by itself, and unchecking the conflict resoltion+Smash and both times still crash. After I rebuild the merge, do I just need to re do the smash patch? Or should I redo the entire finish line section? I also tried sorting the masters again (since I don't think I did that after I updated) but that didn't fix the crash.

I have not watched the new videos yet but when you updated the merged did you remove the old ones before redoing the or just rerun them over the top?

I have not watched the new videos yet but when you updated the merged did you remove the old ones before redoing the or just rerun them over the top?

I think I figured out what I did wrong (well one thing I did wrong, since I'm pretty sure I didn't remove the old one the first time) but I was just about to try rebuilding it when I realized I didn't extract the BSA when I did the update to Obsidian. Just rebuilt it (removed the old one first this time as well). I still need to re-do the smash patch as well though right?

I think I figured out what I did wrong (well one thing I did wrong, since I'm pretty sure I didn't remove the old one the first time) but I was just about to try rebuilding it when I realized I didn't extract the BSA when I did the update to Obsidian. Just rebuilt it (removed the old one first this time as well). I still need to re-do the smash patch as well though right?

ahh yeah that will do it

ahh yeah that will do it

Well that didn't work. I redid the merge, redid the smash patch, still CTD at menu. Is there anything else I need to redo? Again, problem still seems to be the merge; if I uncheck the merge, the lotd CR, and the smash patch I can load. Any combination that includes the merge fails though.

Well that didn't work. I redid the merge, redid the smash patch, still CTD at menu. Is there anything else I need to redo? Again, problem still seems to be the merge; if I uncheck the merge, the lotd CR, and the smash patch I can load. Any combination that includes the merge fails though.

redo BASH Patch zEdit and even relinker they could have old data in them.

CTD att Main menu usually means you have a plugin with missing masters and it seems to be the weather merge. Restart or refresh MO after the merge and check if there is a red triangle before the weather merge plugin name. Maybe you have merged a patch that shouldn't be in there or you have forgotten to install a mod that the weather merge depends on.

And what Lexy said.

Edited by dreadflopp

CTD att Main menu usually means you have a plugin with missing masters and it seems to be the weather merge. Restart or refresh MO after the merge and check if there is a red triangle before the weather merge plugin name. Maybe you have merged a patch that shouldn't be in there or you have forgotten to install a mod that the weather merge depends on.

And what Lexy said.

Missing masters was the first thing I checked. No warning in MO about it and I was able to load the full load order in SSE edit without issue. Redoing the parts Lexy said now. Will update if it works.