MO2 and Fallout4 profiles

nieda113

Question

First MO worked fine until today.  I have  two profiles  . Profile 1 is:  Default ,     Profile 2 is: Player1

I started playing with profle default for a couple of days  and than installed a second profile  player1 because profile defaulthas  some screwd up mods.

I left profile one  as is and  installed the mods in properly in profile :player1

Here i played for a week  with no problems.

Today i thought i will ceck profile default and so disabled all mods,  to install those again.

I started the game , (no mods installed just some basic stuff) just to check and closed the game after a few minutes with no save.

I switched back to the second profile player1 and got the message  F4SE needs to be updated ( but the latest version is already installed) and a second notice that all mods were uninstalled although they were checked active in the used profile.

So why are the unchecked mods in the default profile show as missing when changing the profile to player1? 

Why is F4SE to update ( the newest version is installed 1.04)

Is it not save to use different profiles?

THX for reply

Edited by nieda113

5 answers to this question

As far as F4SE I do not know why that would do that.

Think of the left pane as a pool of mods to draw from. All profiles have access to them. Mods are not profile specific unless you install it a second time and rename it to reflect the profile, "Mod Bob profile2 player 1".

Hi thx for that rlpy.

So the default profile  mod has all mods checked in the left paine.

When i created a second profile and enabled it in MO no mod on the left paine was checked though.

What i did i enabled those mods by checking the left paine .

So u say to for example install the mods again with a different name.e.g. " valdacils sorting item"  to "player1valdacil sorting item" ?

I will end up having all mods installed double but with the player1 prefix , right? 

I will see all mods in default and player profile then.

Do i have to uncheck the default mods everytime i switch profile and only have enabled the mods for the specific profile

(anyways that explains why when i unchecked the mods in the default profile and enabled the same mods in the second profile i was missing all mods because the default profile takes precedence)

Edited by nieda113

We need to see your logs and your INIs to diagnose this further. What you are describing is not the way MO/MO2 works.

ALL mods are installed globally, ie. any profile can activate them in the left pane, however active mods are active ONLY in the profile they are activated in.

e.g. Profile1 has mods: 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 installed with only 1 & 2 active

You switch to Profile2 and none of these mods will be active until you activate them, so you do so for all 1 - 5 mods.

Switching back to Profile1 will have ONLY mods 1 & 2 active again.

As for F4SE if you have a mod active in the new profile that requires a newer version of F4SE than that which is installed that mod may prompt you with a message like that. Your previous profile may have mods that do not require the latest version. I'm only speculating here as you haven't told us whether the message is in-game or from MO2. If MO2 is telling you this then it may just be a simple case of your mod not having the correct Nexus information stored in its meta file. Open the 'Information' dialogue and check the Nexus version.

Hi, i ll gave it a try today and i deinstalled all mods and created three different profiles. It seesm to work as it did weeks ago,, so i dont know what the problem was,, i guess the savegames  seemed to be related to the problems.. i deleted almost all and started a new game. I copied all initial saves from the default profile to the others and it worked.  THX for helping.

(maybe  i made a mistake when loading save games and not changing the player character name)