Adding Skyrim Performance Monitor to MO2

tjax323

Question

Good morning & happy holidays to all. I am trying to set up Skyrim Performance Monitor 64 ver1.4 (SPM originally Sir Garmon with install video by GP) set up in MO to run for SSE. I am encountering a crash, however. It is merely the "plug-in" SPM crashing, not MO2. That remains open, stable, and problem-free. I have already set up the file paths prior to attempting this, so I am confused as to why it's happening. I ran SPM on Skyrim32 with MO 1.3.11 without issue. I realize MO2 is a beta. Just curious and identifying something. I like to have my "tools" nicely organized and running before tackling in-game issue diagnosis. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Edited by tjax323

4 answers to this question

You need to set the "Skyrim launcher file path" in the Performance monitor to your MO 2 executable. With the performance monitor running and MO closed you press the Launch skyrim button. This starts MO and you run SSE from there. You should then see the monitor update once SSE is running.

You need to set the "Skyrim launcher file path" in the Performance monitor to your MO 2 executable. With the performance monitor running and MO closed you press the Launch skyrim button. This starts MO and you run SSE from there. You should then see the monitor update once SSE is running.

Thanks. I haven't tried it that way, which I'll do so I can test. I've been trying to set it up consistent with GP's video so that's in an executable within MO. Must be doing something wrong, but I got myself so focused on doing it this way, I forgot I could just go back to the method you posted, which is the way I used to do it in Oldrim prior to GP's video. Thanks!!!

Edited by tjax323

I could not get it to run from MO as an executable either.

That makes me feel better. Well, it is beta, so I guess it's possible it still needs more time in the oven. At least it's here so El Presidente can be aware. Thank God s/he made the progress they did. NMM is not the way to go with a moderate to large load order.