SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Good news, I fixed the Gray faces by re-installing the npc retextures mods (bijin and such)

Now remains only the issue with the conflict resolution patch and the main menu not appearing.

maybe it could be fixed by re installing something but what ? I don't know what the CK messes with while generating facegens.

Wow this looks like an amazing guide. You have come a long way in your guide writing ventures Darth :) It has many things that I've always wanted to include in a playthrough (and also in my guides). In fact this is probably the ultimate compilation of addons to put on top of SRLE

I wish I had the time to mod and use this guide, but every year I seem to have less and less of it. 

Either way, major props! 

Wow this looks like an amazing guide. You have come a long way in your guide writing ventures Darth :) It has many things that I've always wanted to include in a playthrough (and also in my guides). In fact this is probably the ultimate compilation of addons to put on top of SRLE

I wish I had the time to mod and use this guide, but every year I seem to have less and less of it. 

Either way, major props! 

thanks Nearox I have learned a lot form your own guide REGS and Explorers and your Conflict resolution guide is up there with Neo's helped me out a lot. in fact used both your guides as inspiration for this.

Good news, I fixed the Gray faces by re-installing the npc retextures mods (bijin and such)

Now remains only the issue with the conflict resolution patch and the main menu not appearing.

maybe it could be fixed by re installing something but what ? I don't know what the CK messes with while generating facegens.

well i can say that your menu issue aren't caused by my Conflcit Resolution as i get the menu when loading (Or i did before my computer threw a hissy fit this morning)

thanks Nearox I have learned a lot form your own guide REGS and Explorers and your Conflict resolution guide is up there with Neo's helped me out a lot. in fact used both your guides as inspiration for this.

Aha that's nice to hear :P

Btw I already had issues with Skyrim becoming unstable once in a while with just SRLE + Explorer's. Did you manage to get everything stable with LOTD? That would be extremely impressive.

Or maybe it was just my old video card being overloaded. 

Aha that's nice to hear :P

Btw I already had issues with Skyrim becoming unstable once in a while with just SRLE + Explorer's. Did you manage to get everything stable with LOTD? That would be extremely impressive.

Or maybe it was just my old video card being overloaded. 

everything appears to be quite stable I didn't install everything for your packs, I borrowed some stuff I liked, left some stuff I found to be unstable. I also borrowed some stuff from Dreadflopps packs as well. I am having the odd bug here and there but that's stuff which I can't easily sort out and really need mod author to do there thing.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Well I'm lost...

I'm dead lost I don't know what to do anymore :(

Installing over and over the conflict resolution.

Trying moving it in the load order.

Won't work unless it's disabled without reason

tes5edit shows nothing

the esp is activated and the game stops loading when comparing the papyrus logs with and without.

Edited by Monobloc

I don't see how this (reinstalling the npc retextures) could have helped you unless you are not using MO.  You are using MO, right?

I generated facegendata with the CK because I had a color mismatch but It ended ruining more or less my installation.

I had more grey faces, fixed by re installing the said mods.

But for some reason I also have no main menu appearing when the conflict resolution patch is enabled.

Edited by Monobloc

I generated facegendata with the CK because I had a color mismatch but It ended ruining more or less my installation.

I had more grey faces, fixed by re installing the said mods.

But for some reason I also have no main menu appearing when the conflict resolution patch is enabled.

I don't use the CR patch, primarily because I don't use some the mods included in the CR patch, and I do use some mods not in this guide that need conflict resolution.  I'd suggest putting in some time to learn how to use MatorSmash to create a patch -- essentially an automatic bash patch and conflict resolution patch.  That's what I've been using.  In my last play through I still had some conflicts (a few headless bandits, for example), but the game still worked with minimal CTD (maybe 1 for every 5-6 hours of play time).  While the MatorSmash CR is not perfect, the upside is that it only takes about 10 minutes once you've figured out how to use it properly and input your settings.

I don't use the CR patch, primarily because I don't use some the mods included in the CR patch, and I do use some mods not in this guide that need conflict resolution.  I'd suggest putting in some time to learn how to use MatorSmash to create a patch -- essentially an automatic bash patch and conflict resolution patch.  That's what I've been using.  In my last play through I still had some conflicts (a few headless bandits, for example), but the game still worked with minimal CTD (maybe 1 for every 5-6 hours of play time).  While the MatorSmash CR is not perfect, the upside is that it only takes about 10 minutes once you've figured out how to use it properly and input your settings.

In your experience is the tutorial video mator put up still relevant with the newer versions or is there better documentation/examples elsewhere?  It's on my list to figure out how mator smash works this weekend.  Crawling through the npc retexture | end game npc overhaul CR by hand almost crushed my soul.

In your experience is the tutorial video mator put up still relevant with the newer versions or is there better documentation/examples elsewhere?  It's on my list to figure out how mator smash works this weekend.  Crawling through the npc retexture | end game npc overhaul CR by hand almost crushed my soul.

Yes, Mator's tutorial is still relevent with the newest version.  The newest version has some additional help though because all of the bash tags have been replicated in Mator smash, and you can now assign bash tag equivalents to plugins instead of creating custom tags.  It's very useful to understand custom tag creation, however, so that you can combine bash tags for plugins.  Also, Mator Smash seems to read bash tags in plugin headers and auto-assign relevant tag information.  It's an extremely powerful program, and it's much more flexible than Wrye Bash.  But the learning curve is a bit steep.  It took me about 3 hours to figure it out, then probably another 2 hours of experimenting with settings and load orders.  But now, its fairly easy to run.  I don't consider myself a Mator Smash expert, and I really think I've only scratched the surface of the programs capabilities.  But with proper settings, this program has the potential to create a nearly flawless conflict resolution patch.