SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Darth/Paul/Lexy - is there any chance you could add new/edited formIDs on the changelog page along with the regular Additions/Updates/Removes for those manually patching rather than using the premade?  I don't mean the complete CR entries, we can just cross ref to the CR page, just the formIDs as a reference.

Does using the MO 'Merge' option (assuming you use the correct mod name) not achieve this correctly?

The correct mod name is the key. Yes, 98% of the time that works correctly, but there have been known cases where MO Glitches and doesn't merge the new .esp correctly.

As I said before, the Manual install instructions were created mostly with NMM users in mind.

Edited by sirjesto

The correct mod name is the key. Yes, 98% of the time that works correctly, but there have been known cases where MO Glitches and doesn't merge the new .esp correctly.

As I said before, the Manual install instructions were created mostly with NMM users in mind.

I am not really a computer guy. Everything I have learned is by trial and error, Gopher videos (ect), and help from the STEP forum. I understand MO fairly well and I know mods can be merged, or if you make the main file a mod, and the update file a separate mod that MO will choose the changes from the second mod (for lack of a better description). Once I start copying and pasting folders manually I get unsure about myself (I know it can be easy to goof up). I hate sounding like a broken record with some questions but Living in a farming community I am the only so called gamer and no one in the area possess any computer skills so sometimes learning to do things correctly can be a chore.

I have manually download your files and queried the info in MO, So I will just install and merge them hoping for the best.

Correct me if I am wrong but NMM users are more in less Nexus Mod Manager users so MO users should have less issues

Edited by Razorsedge877

Do it the way you feel confortable as long as you get the same results. I used copy/paste.

Darth/Paul/Lexy - is there any chance you could add new/edited formIDs on the changelog page along with the regular Additions/Updates/Removes for those manually patching rather than using the premade? I don't mean the complete CR entries, we can just cross ref to the CR page, just the formIDs as a reference.

You can use history on the CR subguide.

Just a heads up, Ordinator and Imperious were both updated. It looks like Enai mainly incorporated the modern brawl bugs mod, but there are also significant changes to racials and script checks in Imperious. Also the Disparity compatibility patch was updated to match.

Edit: also an update to enhanced vanilla trees, but it should be noted that the update is apparently an optional folder that does not affect any options currently in use by the guide.

Edited by Jimmayus

guys do we really need undeath immersive linch cos I am having some serious doubts about it.

Mod author of immersive lichdom says:

"make sure you manually set your race to one of the undead variants the moment before you begin the Lich Ritual, this will make the game consider you as undead, the Console commands are Player.setrace XXXXXRaceLich (The XXXX being the name of the race you are)"

Would this not break Disparity and Imperious races functionality?

guys do we really need undeath immersive linch cos I am having some serious doubts about it.

Mod author of immersive lichdom says:

"make sure you manually set your race to one of the undead variants the moment before you begin the Lich Ritual, this will make the game consider you as undead, the Console commands are Player.setrace XXXXXRaceLich (The XXXX being the name of the race you are)"

Would this not break Disparity and Imperious races functionality?

When you become a Lich you're literally changing your race.  There's nothing saying you have to go down the Lich path;  you can also follow the quest line that is fighting against the Lich rather than becoming the lich.

IIRC the reason for that comment is that the scripts from Undeath have to see that you are dead to work.  The potion you drink actually kills you but there have been issues with people being immune to poison etc etc.. So it's recommended instead to set yourself as undead so that you're counted as dead and there are no problems.

Having said that... nothing in SRLE LOTD actually REQUIRES Immersive Lichdom.  It does really complete the Undeath experience as well as fix issues people were having since Undeath was abandoned.  

I haven't looked into this in quite a while but that's what I recall from when I first went down this path when playing the Bonelord build from Zhakaron.  

Edited by jdsmith2816

Also Wildcat was updated...Looks like we could remove the brawl bugs patch

We should remove the old brawl bug patch but keep the Modern Brawl Bug patch near the bottom of load order.  It just ensures that nothing that you install further up can overwrite those files and re-introduce issues.

We should remove the old brawl bug patch but keep the Modern Brawl Bug patch near the bottom of load order.  It just ensures that nothing that you install further up can overwrite those files and re-introduce issues.

yes I see Darth has forgotten the remove the cheat patch I will tell him off.

Hello all.  Coming back to skyrim after a while.  I know the guide is in Beta but Darth how far off is it from being mostly complete other than keeping up with updated mods?  I.e. have you incorporated everything you initially wanted to from SRLE:Ex and for your initial run of legacy?  If so since my current install is still pre-wyrmstooth being removed I was planning to do a completely new install of SRLE with this on top but don't want to if by the time I get through it it will have changed a lot again (I know your fond of adding and changing things :) )

Hello all.  Coming back to skyrim after a while.  I know the guide is in Beta but Darth how far off is it from being mostly complete other than keeping up with updated mods?  I.e. have you incorporated everything you initially wanted to from SRLE:Ex and for your initial run of legacy?  If so since my current install is still pre-wyrmstooth being removed I was planning to do a completely new install of SRLE with this on top but don't want to if by the time I get through it it will have changed a lot again (I know your fond of adding and changing things :) )

well things are mostly there now think everything Darth wants is there barring looking at some more animation mods, pretty much things are stable and working as it should. There currently a few CR issues which need dealing with because of Authors pulling mods that are currently required in the CR.

well things are mostly there now think everything Darth wants is there barring looking at some more animation mods, pretty much things are stable and working as it should. There currently a few CR issues which need dealing with because of Authors pulling mods that are currently required in the CR.

Damn more pulled mods?  thats part of why I never updated past the wyrmstooth mod being pulled as I've not done those quests yet.  What got pulled?

Damn more pulled mods?  thats part of why I never updated past the wyrmstooth mod being pulled as I've not done those quests yet.  What got pulled?

currently all of the Bad Gremlins mods from our guide they are currently require by the CR but i am going to pull them for now since it's only 3 records.

Thank you for the in depth write up Darth on removing the Bad Gremlins mods.  I got it done! :D

Now, sorry for yet another question, and hope I am not being a bother.  Just never knew modding went this in depth and I have been playing modded Skyrim for 2 years (hides).  I love the Deserter X armors, and was wondering if it would be a serious problem to my game if I added the Legendary Armors: Deserter X mod by cp44 without it completely breaking my game?  I have installed everything according to your guide, including mods I didn't really want such as scarcity if that helps.