SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

jdsmith2816,

you seem to have a firm grasp on integrating SMC cleanly with SRLE:LOTD.

any chance of you being able to post an "unofficial/official" SMC SRLE:LOTD Integration Guide on this forum, updating as necessary and outlining all the steps in a bit more detail, maybe even providing a mod merge guide to reduce esp count?

I recall darth looking at SMC a little while back, but I imagine he's too busy dealing with the technical end of SRLE:LOTD, but if you're willing to tackle this part of it, I'm sure he'd be happy to put his stamp of approval on it, seeing how so many people are currently using SMC as part of their own setup.

I wouldn't mind at all if you wanted to write a guide on how to do this would actually make sense to me  :^_^:

So I decided to do this guide, but now see that BadGremlins mods aren't on the nexus.  I discovered while installing SR:LE that I am no good at conflict resolution, and had to use his preset one.  How badly bugged would my game be for not using a CR patch since the one for this guide is dependent on those mods?

it would be bugged a lot all you need to do is create a dummy of the bad gremlins:

Use this method to create dummies of plugins you wish to remove from the premade Conflcit Resolution.

1. Load Wrye Bash click on the CR and select File->Create dummy esps (this will create fake esps for what you are missing and place them into the overwrite folder).
  2. Load TES5edit with only SRLE Conflcit Resolution Selected wait until backgound loader has finished.
  3. Right click on SRLE Extended Conflict Resolution and check for errors.
  4. Remove the records that are broken from SRLE Extended Conflict Resolution(they will show after checking for errors).
  5. Save and Exit.
  6. Load SRLE Extended Conflict Resolution again in TES5Edit and then clean masters once done save and exit.
  7. Remove Fake plugins fron the overwrite folder.

then in xEdit remove these 3 records:

0007434B <MerchantCaravanAChest>

0007434D <MerchantCaravanBChest>

0007434E <MerchantCaravanCChest>

once removed save exit reload and then "clean the masters"

Edited by Darth_mathias

How are you guys dealing with the backpacks clipping through the shields?  ::(:

You know how I deal with it?  I don't use Dual Sheath Redux.  ::P:

@sirjesto You, sir, are a heretic.

@AmeerHM If you bugs you too much, simply disable the shields on back function in the MCM. :)

@ AmeerHM Once you change the XPMSE MCM settings to what Neo recommends, it shouldn't clip.

@ Jimmayus Jarl is just a title for how many posts the user has. Same as mine says Dragonborn. The name is above the picture and title. I made the same mistake, too, when I first started posting here. :-P

You can also use Racemenu to make adjustments to the shield position. 

Edited by Whetstone

I have a question for mods like Legacy of the Dragonborn. Why do we have to Manually extract and install V15.3.4 Update Pack and copy and paste to Mod Organizer\Mods\Legacy of The Dragonborn.

Why can't we manually download the mod, Move the downloaded mod from our windows download folder to our MO downloads folder, than right click the mod and choose "query info" (probably spelled wrong). This makes MO recognize the mod as if you used downloaded with manager. Than all we have to do is install the Legacy of the Dragonborn update like a normal mod and merge it with the main mod or as some of us like to do just make it a separate mod.

I am probably the only one that doesn't understand the way you currently have the directions written and after spending all of this time installing and updating mods, I just am afraid of messing up.  

I have a question for mods like Legacy of the Dragonborn. Why do we have to Manually extract and install V15.3.4 Update Pack and copy and paste to Mod Organizer\Mods\Legacy of The Dragonborn.

Why can't we manually download the mod, Move the downloaded mod from our windows download folder to our MO downloads folder, than right click the mod and choose "query info" (probably spelled wrong). This makes MO recognize the mod as if you used downloaded with manager. Than all we have to do is install the Legacy of the Dragonborn update like a normal mod and merge it with the main mod or as some of us like to do just make it a separate mod.

I am probably the only one that doesn't understand the way you currently have the directions written and after spending all of this time installing and updating mods, I just am afraid of messing up.  

Speaking as someone from the Legacy team, The whole idea is to just make sure you are indeed overwriting the original core install and not creating the v15.3.4 as a separate mod. Whatever way you use to accomplish that is fine.  We have had so many issues with people improperly upgrading, especially those using NMM, that we felt we needed to specify the manual install method.  If you are an experienced modder and know what you are doing, then just do it whatever way you like. As I said, the only important thing is to ensure the core is overwritten completely with the update.

Darth/Paul/Lexy - is there any chance you could add new/edited formIDs on the changelog page along with the regular Additions/Updates/Removes for those manually patching rather than using the premade?  I don't mean the complete CR entries, we can just cross ref to the CR page, just the formIDs as a reference.

Speaking as someone from the Legacy team, The whole idea is to just make sure you are indeed overwriting the original core install and not creating the v15.3.4 as a separate mod. Whatever way you use to accomplish that is fine.  We have had so many issues with people improperly upgrading, especially those using NMM, that we felt we needed to specify the manual install method.  If you are an experienced modder and know what you are doing, then just do it whatever way you like. As I said, the only important thing is to ensure the core is overwritten completely with the update.

Does using the MO 'Merge' option (assuming you use the correct mod name) not achieve this correctly?

Edited by dunc001