SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

does anyone have any more information on what happened to the Bad Gremlins? are they gone forever if so I need to start pulling the records from the CR.

We're still waiting to hear back from them, but we surmise they may be working on an all-in-one mod (at least we hope so).  It is still unclear though.  When ICE makes a decision about how it impacts Legacy you will know very shortly after.

Edited by sirjesto

We're still waiting to hear back from them, but we surmise they may be working on an all-in-one mod (at least we hope so).  It is still unclear though.  When ICE makes a decision about how it impacts Legacy you will know very shortly after.

OK thanks it's not a big deal for us since it only 3 records so wont take much to pull it our end.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Jarl I don't know much about Arissa, but as for art of the catch the only extra thing you really need is the caco patch, which is found with the rest of the CACO patches. I just installed it anywhere lower than campfire + caco, and merged the caco patch into the caco patches merge. From what I can see in xEdit, there may be an issue with Hearthfires "salmon roe" not showing up from the "fishing" mini-game, but I'm not good enough at conflict resolution to tell for sure. Literally everything else for art of the catch shouldn't cause any conflicts.

Do remember that you need to run FNIS if you're loading it after main install though, since it adds the casting animations.

Jarl I don't know much about Arissa, but as for art of the catch the only extra thing you really need is the caco patch, which is found with the rest of the CACO patches. I just installed it anywhere lower than campfire + caco, and merged the caco patch into the caco patches merge. From what I can see in xEdit, there may be an issue with Hearthfires "salmon roe" not showing up from the "fishing" mini-game, but I'm not good enough at conflict resolution to tell for sure. Literally everything else for art of the catch shouldn't cause any conflicts.

Do remember that you need to run FNIS if you're loading it after main install though, since it adds the casting animations.

I finally almost have the guide installed. Time has just been hard to come by lately. I plan on adding these and it was just a request for Darth. Thanks for the info you have provided though. How have you been liking Art of the Catch?

Edited by Razorsedge877

I know the reasons you dropped Arissa and Art of the Catch but I was requesting you put them back in the guide. I understand if you don't have the extra esp slots. I am just a supporter of Chesko.

I definitely would like to see Art of the Catch in the guide and I'm curious about the opinion of others that are or have used it.

For what I understand this mod is final and we shouldn't be expecting any updates in the future, see here.

Edited by edynacio

Jarl I actually haven't crafted a fishing rod yet lmao, every time I start I escape the LAL cell then decide I want to change something (skytest fewer spawn esp swap, add SWIFT and AotC, new animations etc). I did like that when I dove into a river to catch some dragonflies I couldn't just grab fish out of thin air. I expect it will work very well with the caco patch though.

So I decided to do this guide, but now see that BadGremlins mods aren't on the nexus.  I discovered while installing SR:LE that I am no good at conflict resolution, and had to use his preset one.  How badly bugged would my game be for not using a CR patch since the one for this guide is dependent on those mods?

Jarl I'd suggest taking a hard pass on Art of the Catch buddy. I love me some Chesko mods, but it is basically a proof-of-concept mod and not feature-rich enough to really work well. It recognizes the caco fishes w/ the patch and even in the merge, but honestly for the time being Fishing in Skyrim is just inherently superior outside of the novelty of a fishing cast animation. 

@ AmeerHM Once you change the XPMSE MCM settings to what Neo recommends, it shouldn't clip.

@ Jimmayus Jarl is just a title for how many posts the user has. Same as mine says Dragonborn. The name is above the picture and title. I made the same mistake, too, when I first started posting here. :-P