SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Neo says in the SR:LE guide that the automatic load retains data it should not from after the save.

No idea personally how much of an issue that could cause.

Ah that's the someone mentioned it

i guess that's for the people that DO play the game  :lol:

I am trying to play it actually, started as Whiterun Companions and keep getting ctd with "Skyrim Has Stopped Working" for a while playing. I don't know if that's because memory related.

I am trying to set up the Crash Fixes Custom Memory Block but I don't know what needed to be enabled to make it working. Last time I tried enabling the custom memory I can't enter the main menu at all.

Neo says in the SR:LE guide that the automatic load retains data it should not from after the save.

Take this post with a grain of salt as I don't really run a vanilla SRLE install, it's more of a bastardised version that's been stripped apart a little to accommodate Requiem.

As many of you lovely gents will know, with Requiem, it's so easy to die like 50 times in the space of 15 minutes, so, like Darth, I got really lazy and thought I'd disregard Neo's advice and just load up from death like I would if I played on a console. It took me a while before I noticed any real differences, the biggest would probably be the double perk bug that Meh recently fixed with the Bug Fixes mod.

Other than that major hitch though, I did notice that if I reload whilst partially detected (the eye is a little bit open), the game will SOMETIMES load with me still being partially detected. Another thing worth mentioning that you guys probably wont really experience, unless you're super-duper-mega-upload OCD like me, I've cleared a fort's prison and looted everything, only to be a little unhappy with how the battle turned out to be, maybe an NPC got cheesed on a rubble trap's rock and died as soon as he ran into it, and I'll reload. In the reload, however, I'll notice that some of the awesome loot that was previously there will disappear, I've had this happen to a few expert robes of what-have-you, but I didn't mind too much since the PC wouldn't have known otherwise.

Hope this was interesting, lol.

Ah that's the someone mentioned it

I am trying to play it actually, started as Whiterun Companions and keep getting ctd with "Skyrim Has Stopped Working" for a while playing. I don't know if that's because memory related.

I am trying to set up the Crash Fixes Custom Memory Block but I don't know what needed to be enabled to make it working. Last time I tried enabling the custom memory I can't enter the main menu at all.

i'm not sure you should be messing with custom memory in crash fixes unless you are 100% sure of what you are changing there. The default is working fine for me (and others) 

i'm not sure you should be messing with custom memory in crash fixes unless you are 100% sure of what you are changing there. The default is working fine for me (and others) 

Yeah you are right Paul, but I can't seems to know what causing Skyrim to stopped working, crash fix log only showing

26 Jul 15:40:24 Game has crashed with exception address 0x2550D6E!

26 Jul 15:43:12 Game has crashed with exception address 0x2620D6E!

26 Jul 15:46:33 Game has crashed with exception address 0x2530D6E!

26 Jul 20:55:30 Game has crashed with exception address 0x25EA778!

26 Jul 21:19:51 Game has crashed with exception address 0x631050!

Googling it gave no results at all.

Nice, thanks man. :-)

I take it your monitor survived? Good news. That would have sucked, especially if it was brand new!

I always buy from Memory Express. Not sure if they're in BC, but they price beat anything advertised online and offer pretty cheap in-store warranties up to 4 years. Definitely has saved me a few times.

Nope, It died.  I went out and bought a new one and contacted Newegg and they gave me an RMA# and a prepaid shipping label to send it back for a full refund.  Worked out pretty good actually.

I'm the kind of dude that turns all forms of auto-save off and hard saves a little more frequently.  I believe the load after death issues are really only a concern with auto-saves.  Hard saves don't seem to have this issue.

Yeah, the default at 64 is usually OK, but if you see all 100% blocks in the console when you open it, you can raise it a little bit until all the numbers are in the 80%-90% range or so.

Mine is set at 96 right now and it's totally stable.

Yeah you are right Paul, but I can't seems to know what causing Skyrim to stopped working, crash fix log only showing

26 Jul 15:40:24 Game has crashed with exception address 0x2550D6E!

26 Jul 15:43:12 Game has crashed with exception address 0x2620D6E!

26 Jul 15:46:33 Game has crashed with exception address 0x2530D6E!

26 Jul 20:55:30 Game has crashed with exception address 0x25EA778!

26 Jul 21:19:51 Game has crashed with exception address 0x631050!

Googling it gave no results at all.

I'd PM meh with whatever information you have on the crash.  He can usually tell you what type of crash it is (Magic Effect crash, for example) and that can help you narrow down what to look for.

Edited by sirjesto

Nope, It died.  I went out and bought a new one and contacted Newegg and they gave me an RMA# and a prepaid shipping label to send it back for a full refund.  Worked out pretty good actually.

I'm the kind of dude that turns all forms of auto-save off and hard saves a little more frequently.  I believe the load after death issues are really only a concern with auto-saves.  Hard saves don't seem to have this issue.

Yeah, the default at 64 is usually OK, but if you see all 100% blocks in the console when you open it, you can raise it a little bit until all the numbers are in the 80%-90% range or so.

I'd PM meh with whatever information you have on the crash.  He can usually tell you what type of crash it is (Magic Effect crash, for example) and that can help you narrow down what to look for.

Thank you sirjesto for the clarification and help, I'll try posting it out on the crash fixes forum maybe. Out of curiousity what lines do I need to change to use the Custom Memory Blocks? I'm curious to try it.

Edited by reddvilzz

I utilize AutoSave Manager.. it's fully configurable and does hard saves instead of auto saves.  It also supports incremental saves such that there's a rotating queue of X save slots.. when it reaches x it overwrites the save in 1 and continues.  I have it configured to incremental save every 10m and upon dungeon clear and quest completion.

Thank you sirjesto for the clarification and help, I'll try posting it out on the crash fixes forum maybe. Out of curiousity what lines do I need to change to use the Custom Memory Blocks? I'm curious to try it.

CustomMemoryBlock=0

Change the 0 to a 1

I utilize AutoSave Manager.. it's fully configurable and does hard saves instead of auto saves.  It also supports incremental saves such that there's a rotating queue of X save slots.. when it reaches x it overwrites the save in 1 and continues.  I have it configured to incremental save every 10m and upon dungeon clear and quest completion.

Sounds neat, but I do the same thing manually, and that's good enough for this old geezer.   ::):

how do i check that via console>?