SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Actually, I keep comparing the steel textures from the amidianBorn Content addon 1.9 "textures\armor\steel\" with the ones from the standalone download "aMidianBorn steel RC4" this guide has us install and just like the iron one I can't tell a difference here either. Could someone point out to me what exactly is updated and why we need to install these separate versions if they are included in the Content Addon or how they are different from those files? I noticed the Content addon was updated in March of 2015 and some of these ones we are overwriting with had their last updates earlier than that. Hide and Scaled armor seems to be absent from the CA so it makes sense to still get those but for Iron and Steel could the fact that they got bundled into the CA just have been missed?

For that matter I noticed the FOMOD install instructions for the Armors section of aMidianBorn is a little inconsistent in that it has us NOT install Hide and Scaled options which makes sense to me in that we are installing options later that will overwrite them, but if we follow that logic and are overwriting the files for the iron and steel from the original "aMidianBorn Armors" file with the Content Addon or the standalones then shouldn't we have those selected as "none' in the original installer also? This doesn't really matter for the final outcome if someone is blindly following the guide because it's all being overwritten but it's just a point of internal consistency for the guide and for people like me who install everything as separate mods in MO this will save a tiny amount of disk space.

Edited by Caladcholg

They're only textures. If you prefer one over the other then just delete the one you don't wish to use. Still saves the disk space.

Yeah, talking about disk space was probably a bad example. I was just trying to fill out textures that weren't included in Book of Silence which led me to testing the ones that WERE included which led me to that mesh problem I had with USLEEP and the content addon and after fixing that I realized there were some things that seemed like redundant installs in the guide and thought cutting them would just make the guide cleaner and less confusing for someone like me trying to understand what their individual problem came from when there were a few things overwriting each other. Anyway, don't mind me and carry on since as you said it probably doesn't matter much.

Oh no, it would be nice to not have to install stuff if it's a double up. You're not wrong in that. :) If it cleans things up both in the install and the guide then fine. :)

I've been informed that Mator seems to think the same thing according to his Mod Picker threads and posts. So we will have a look at changing that instruction.

Minor but the post install instructions for this mod are worded a bit confusingly. I figured it out but it took a second. Instructions should reference the two mods by name. As in move the meshes folder from the earlier installed Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks to overwrite the meshes folder in this mod. 

[improved closefaced helmets - SRLE Extended LOTD]

Post installation: Manually install from the archive 50 Apophysis/meshes folder and overwrite when asked

Minor but the post install instructions for this mod are worded a bit confusingly. I figured it out but it took a second. Instructions should reference the two mods by name. As in move the meshes folder from the earlier installed Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks to overwrite the meshes folder in this mod. 

[improved closefaced helmets - SRLE Extended LOTD]

Post installation: Manually install from the archive 50 Apophysis/meshes folder and overwrite when asked

Try looking in the Patches archive for Improved closefaced helmets. You'll find the folder '50 Apophysis' there. Could maybe suggest that better in the instruction...

Try looking in the Patches archive for Improved closefaced helmets. You'll find the folder '50 Apophysis' there. Could maybe suggest that better in the instruction...

Oh okay I see. The 50 Folder Apophysis thing relates to a folder in the Improved Closedfaced Helmets - PATCHES v1 archive. I didn't put together that it was referencing that file. 

Just wanted to pop in here saying that I'm really looking forward to the standalone release of this guide. I got through S.T.E.P. Core + Extended and installed some mods on top of it before realizing SR:LE was a thing (and had a lot of the mods I was installing on top of S.T.E.P.), and then halfway through that before I found this guide.

Thank you. i'm glad you put the Nvidia section in. So when I Force Vsync with Nvidia, should I turn off Vsyn in enblocal.ini?

yes if you want your driver to be handle Vsync turn it off in the enblocal.ini file and the skyrim.ini file I'll add something about that.

just so you know this is my reference https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74427/?

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1