SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Under Even Better Quest Objectives ... are we adding Requiem and should we be using the patch for EFF?

FOMOD Instructions

Main File

Options for this mod

Main

CheckmarkMO.png Main Plugin

Optional Files

CheckmarkMO.png Dark Brotherhood Forever to Miscellaneous Quests

Compatible Mods

CheckmarkMO.png Alternate Start - Live Another Life by Arthmoor

CheckmarkMO.png Cutting Room Floor by Arthmoor

CheckmarkMO.png Extensible Follower Framework by Expired

CheckmarkMO.png Requiem by Xarrian and Ogerboss

CheckmarkMO.png The Paarthurnax Dilemma by Arthmoor

Fixed.

In that case it looks lik Atlas Map Marker wasn't included

Will have to sort that one out later. Should be easy, though.

to be completely honest with only 2GB VRam you're really going to struggle but for starters drop all of Dyndolod, the ENB reduce all textures to 2K or even 1K

download Skyrim performance monitor a check out what happening https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6491/? (I really should add that to the tools section more work for me hehehe)

what we mean by standalone is the guide will be ungoing a Revamp so that all mods are on 1 page so you don't need to keep going back to Neo's guide if you need to reinstall any SRLE base mods.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10924-srle-extended-legacy-of-the-dragonborn/?p=193353

This post has a link to the DDSopt Guide as well as the batch files I use to optimize my texture files. I do actually optimize all of my textures in this manners. I haven't thoroughly tested my game yet though, so I can't really say how well it has done. I can tell you that even with ENB and Vividian ENB preset I was averaging 45-59 FPS. After installing the Landscape mods, I am only averaging around 30 FPS and even sometimes drop to less than 24 FPS. The landscape section is most definitely performance heavy.

Drop all of DynDOLOD and anything marked as a Billboard. Consider cutting back on the flora mods. Even with optimization I really think you'll struggle with those. This guide really works the card during loading of outside cells and that's probably where your issue lies.

Don't worry about doing the CR yourself yet. In fact I'd uncheck any CR esp you have from this guide. Let's get you stable and working first. Go back to the known good and working base SRLE as in Neovalen's guide and make sure that's legit and stable. Add mods from this guide slowly and check and check after you have. Take it easy on ALL texture mods. 1k max, and even lower on smaller stuff. You should be able to add some of the gameplay stuff like Ordinator etc on top of SRLE Base with no huge issues. Once you get to a situation where you're stable, you can enter an outside cell and not go crashing in a heap, we'll worry about showing you how to CR etc. 

I love this team, everyone of you. You are so gracious to help us figure out how to stabilize our games, even on low to mid end systems. It is nice to feel comfortable enough to communicate on this forum and not be afraid of being belittled or chastised for asking questions or asking for help. Thank you!

Seriously every one of you guys are really helpful just like Diana said, not just the S.T.E.P team but even the users.

Thank all of you for your help ::D:  ::D: .

I will restart from SR:LE and then check for stabilty for using this guide.

Thanks again

Yes for now. We'll be adding things like reminders to test run the game and ensure it doesn't crash. Start with Neo's guide and follow it till Mod Installation. Then come back to Darth's.

I'll also be adding my personal version of the excellent startup part of Neo's guide to the stand alone version. That'll have all the cleaning ESM's instructions, loading and setup instructions in it.

It shall be most glorious. And incredibly sexy in a good way.

:) 

I love this team, everyone of you. You are so gracious to help us figure out how to stabilize our games, even on low to mid end systems. It is nice to feel comfortable enough to communicate on this forum and not be afraid of being belittled or chastised for asking questions or asking for help. Thank you!

I try. I don't for one minute suggest I'm any form of uber-tech, but I try and use a bit of common sense and start with the basics and see where we go from there. Once you've seen an issue a few times it sticks and I try and use this to help people.

Plus I'm a real life electronics tech/engineer so I have that logical sort of approach to things. Helps with problem solving.

• +1 1

Under Even Better Quest Objectives ... are we adding Requiem and should we be using the patch for EFF?

FOMOD Instructions

Main File

Options for this mod

Main

CheckmarkMO.png Main Plugin

Optional Files

CheckmarkMO.png Dark Brotherhood Forever to Miscellaneous Quests

Compatible Mods

CheckmarkMO.png Alternate Start - Live Another Life by Arthmoor

CheckmarkMO.png Cutting Room Floor by Arthmoor

CheckmarkMO.png Extensible Follower Framework by Expired

CheckmarkMO.png Requiem by Xarrian and Ogerboss

CheckmarkMO.png The Paarthurnax Dilemma by Arthmoor

oops Copy and paste Error

I suspect Darth's C and P'ed some of the Reqtified guide. It'll be sorted. The Auto Unequip one is now fixed.

yes i am guess I'll have to be a bit more careful and read what I am doing then just be on auto pilot.

In that case it looks lik Atlas Map Marker wasn't included

Again my bad totally missed that should be there now. If I do miss anything or do something wrong do point them out and show everyone what an idiot is am :;):

Oh I missed the whole revamp that's going on, sorry for not updating the changelog.

It ok i have been doing that as i go along

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

So I have run in to a bit of an odd issue.  I can see my shield on my back, but when I try to use it to block attacks, it is still on my back.  My character motions like the shield is on there arm, but it's not.  Any idea what might be causing this, or how to fix it?  Have tried restarting the game, have tried changing the animations in XP32, and also tried resetting animations in PCEA, all of which to no avail.

Try reinstalling the skeleton. It's often what causes things like that.

Also what sort of shield is it? Is it a vanilla one or from a mod?

I'll try re-installing the skeleton, and re-running FNIS afterwards as well.  Pretty sure it's a modded shield, as it's a "painted" one.  The exact name escapes me at the moment.

Edit - Forgot to mention, I also tried a vanilla Steel shield and it did the same thing.

Edited by Smokingjoe1982

Re-installing the skeleton didn't fix it.  Even tried not loading XP32, going in game and saving, then activating XP32 again, to no avail.

Edit - Not sure how it got fixed, but I tried equipping a second weapon and blocking, that appeared fine.  Than tried equipping a shield again, and suddenly the shield is once again visible.  Wish I knew what caused that, or how exactly it got fixed... but for now it seems fine again.

Edited by Smokingjoe1982

Men of Winter has been updated to Version 4.2. Do you still recommend installing the Men of Winter - Appearance Safety Patch Installer?

Nevermind, Men of Winter - Appearance Safety Patch Installer Includes support patches for Immersive College of Winterhold, Miraak - Dragonborn Follower, The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal, and Royal Blue Palace. 

Version 4.2 only included a patch for Miraak - Dragonborn Follower, and The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Well, if I install the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal patch from Version 4.2, but do not select it from the Appearance Safety Patch, the only thing left is the Men of Winter - CWI Patch.esp. No other meshes or textures will get installed with the files. The only file in the mesh folder that seems to be installed is the 00030781.nif which has the exact same size and modified date as the one from Version 4.2. This leads me to conclude that the Men of Winter - Appearance Safety Patch Installer will not be needed with the latest version. However, some TES5Edit may need to be looked over.

Oh well bugger Looks like I have hit the Wiki Template limit similar to happen to Paul guides guess I'll have to work out a new way to add pretty colours.

Edit: looks like the best solution is for me to do what Paul and JD did and to create 2 new pages one for all the Prerequisites so tools, setup and stuff like that and 1 for Merges, XEdit script execution and MCM bits and bobs.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Oh well bugger Looks like I have hit the Wiki Template limit similar to happen to Paul guides guess I'll have to work out a new way to add pretty colours.

Edit: looks like the best solution is for me to do what Paul and JD did and to create 2 new pages one for all the Prerequisites so tools, setup and stuff like that and 1 for Merges, XEdit script execution and MCM bits and bobs.

We recreated the look and feel of the templates by utilizing html and css directly.. only way we were able to quit hitting the template cap.  The page splitting was more for convenience in the end.